Error BLZAPPBTS00002

I couldnt install the game even though I have a key and it was successful when I put it in. I've played on my other computer but this computer won't even install it. I tried installing without a firewall and everything. Keep getting error BLZAPPBTS00002. Please help :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Mickeydee,

This error is pointing to an internet connection issue. The first and easiest thing to try is opening your Internet Explorer browser and then hitting Alt-F to bring up the File tab options. Check to see if "Work offline" is checked and uncheck it if it is. Leave IE open in the background and see if the game will install or not. You don't need to always leave it running, just this one time so we can see if it has any effect.

Wow, I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for the last hour. Can't believe it was something so simple that fixed the problem. Downloading the game now. Thanks
Reply Quote
I am getting this same error, except I used Google Chrome to download the file to install the beta and Chrome doesn't seem to even have an offline mode. Are there any other steps I can follow to troubleshoot? I've tried launching the file as admin and without a firewall on, but I'm still receiving this error. :[
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
MaryJane, you'll actually still want to try Omrakos' suggestions, even if you're using Chrome as your default browser.
Reply Quote
I don't have internet explorer, nor do I want that horrible horrible web browser installed on my computer. Other options?
Reply Quote
Gott you may want to use it temporarly, it worked for me now. Thank you Velnrak and Omrakos ^_^
Edited by MaryJane on 10/18/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem is, if you have a Windows computer, Windows uses Internet explorer to manage some of your internet settings, even if you use another browser those settings are still controlled by IE.
On any version of Windows past XP its nearly impossible to completely remove IE, even if you never use it, it should still be on there somewhere.
Reply Quote
i have tried this several times and its having the same result and not downloading. what else could i do??
Reply Quote
I had this issue, and tried for a few hours to fix it. Internet connection, different browser, etc.

After being able to install it without issue on 2 of my systems, yet the third repeatedly giving me an error, I realized 2 of them had something in common. They had Blizzard games on them that I kept regularly updated (WoW and SC) but the 3rd hadn't seen their SC and WoW updated for over a year.

I hit the launcher for WoW and it went through the optimization process and updated. I then used the Hearthstone-Beta-Setup-enUS again, and voila. Issue resolved. Installed without the error and no further issues.
Reply Quote
I've tried the Internet Explorer solution (Work offline is not checked) and I don't seem to have any more luck than before. I tried downloading directly from IE but it doesn't work either. I am on Windows 7.
Reply Quote
Now what options are there if I'm on a Mac system?
Reply Quote
I use Firefox as my default and I am having the same error. I checked to make sure the 'Work Offline' option in the file tab was unchecked and it was.
Reply Quote
I had the same problem.
I just launched D3 to update it.
Now it works
Thanks !
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 11:07 AMPosted by SilentStorm
I hit the launcher for WoW and it went through the optimization process and updated. I then used the Hearthstone-Beta-Setup-enUS again, and voila. Issue resolved. Installed without the error and no further issues.

This worked for me also. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I don't know how or why, but the having IE opened solved my issues. Thanks, 10 Internets to thee.
Reply Quote
Mickeydee,

This error is pointing to an internet connection issue. The first and easiest thing to try is opening your Internet Explorer browser and then hitting Alt-F to bring up the File tab options. Check to see if "Work offline" is checked and uncheck it if it is. Leave IE open in the background and see if the game will install or not. You don't need to always leave it running, just this one time so we can see if it has any effect.

Reply Quote
I get the error for ANYTHING that I try to download from the account management screen. My connection is fine. I downloaded it fine on my laptop.
Reply Quote
thanks it worked it was so simple
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]