Intentional Disconnect to prevent loss

Apparantly , people have found a way to get out of a loss situation..
I was playing an arena game and it got really close , i was able to topdeck luck a +dmg card so i could finish him off and he just dissapeared, game "froze" on my side and the only thing that was "animated" was if i hovered over the End Turn button.

I decided to wait a bit at that point and checked my connection on second screen , it was all fine and no abormalities.
Though it brought me back to the Arena Key screen and i didn't get a win for that particular game..
Sofar i have seen this happen 4-5 times in arena and it seems to me it's a way to prevent you from 'Conceding/Losing the game if it's looking bad for you' because in every game where it happened , i was about to make the finishing blow.

This seems really unfair and it really rustled me up and **ssed me off, any info on this problem and maybe a way to prevent it ? IE: pulling the internet plug makes you lose the game or ALT+F4'ing the game makes you lose the game or Task manager - End process makes you lose the game.

At least that's a few ways i could think you could fix it , i have not been able to reproduce the problem myself ( Nor have i bothered to even try , because this is just lame )

(EU Hearthstone by the way )
Edited by Gekkeloko on 9/16/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure this happened to me too. I was winnning, then i got kicked back to the Pick a Class screen with a connection error.
Reply Quote
The thing is , i never got any error message saying anything at all.
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Gekkeloko
Sofar i have seen this happen 4-5 times in arena and it seems to me it's a way to prevent you from 'Conceding/Losing the game if it's looking bad for you' because in every game where it happened , i was about to make the finishing blow.

I believe that disconnects count as losses to avoid the situation you described. It's possible that there was a legitimate disconnection there (or they closed out the program and got a loss anyway).
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
09/16/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Gekkeloko
Apparantly , people have found a way to get out of a loss situation.

Disconnects cause a loss. There is 'no way to get out of a loss'.

and he just dissapeared, game "froze" on my side and the only thing that was "animated" was if i hovered over the End Turn button.

This means you crashed, which caused a disconnect, which should result in a loss on your end.

This sounds like you have a client that's particularly buggy for some reason. :(

What are your specs? What kind of connection are you using (landline? Wireless?)? Have you checked that your drivers and DirectX version is up to date?

At least that's a few ways i could think you could fix it , i have not been able to reproduce the problem myself ( Nor have i bothered to even try , because this is just lame )

Any disconnect on your part results in a loss. It's how the game was designed to prevent people from doing what you are suggesting.

The thing is , i never got any error message saying anything at all.

Programs don't always know when they've crashed, particularly beta ones. ;)
Edited by rabb1t on 9/17/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If my end is the problem , why don't i get a loss when i "disconnect" and why is the arena menu still working if i am actuall disconnected? I'm on a 150Mbit cable ..i hate Wifi and it being unstable ( hence why i'm not using it ). And as i said before it's not my connection interrupting anything at all, in any game whatsoever.
If i don't get a loss , and he's the one disconnecting , why doesn't it count toward a win for me then?
If that specific problem happens i don't get a loss nor a win......
I've seen the "Legitimate" disconnects and that actually either got me a win or a loss. ( i pulled out my internet cable to test to disconnect ) .

It's not on my end on drivers / updates , or whatever.. I can back this up that i actually did check all this if it was up to date and it was , same goes for another PC i'm using... same sh.t , they dissapear , no win / loss.
Edited by Gekkeloko on 9/17/2013 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah as i thought , i just tried shutting down my network controller followed by shutting down the game using task manager , i got back to the arena menu , did not lose or win the game.

In this case this would be a bug, i was able to reproduce it , and hope Blizzard does something about it to fix it.

Thanks
Edited by Gekkeloko on 9/18/2013 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]