Diamond Hunter Deck

Hey,
I thought I'd just share my Hunter deck that I'm currently playing. I'm in Diamond 2 at the moment (I know, not Master, I must suck), and have been finding matches quite easy apart from the exception of some people (usually Rogue).

Deck

2 x Hunter's Mark
2 x Tracking
2 x Unleash the Hounds
2 x Timber Wolf
2 x Explosive Trap
2 x Snipe
2 x Ironbeak Owl
2 x Scavenging Hyena
2 x Starving Buzzard
1 x Eaglehorn Bow
2 x Animal Companion
2 x Ironfur Grizzly
2 x Houndmaster
1 x Explosive Shot
2 x Savanna Highmane
1 x Gladiator's Longbow
1 x King Mukla

General Strategy

For this deck, strategy mainly varies from class to class. The main point from this is whether to play aggressive early or play into mid/late game.

Classes like Priest, Shaman, Warrior and Paladin (from my experience) don't have the best early game board clear, which allows me to play 1, 2 and 3 mana cards early, and poke with them. I usually play 'Unleash the Hounds' if possible early if I've got some good cards in play, just for the pressure. Normally I play this with say 2-3 cards on my side, swing for roughly 10, give or take, and force them to play defensive, which is easier for me.
Once I get to this stage, I find it's pretty much game over. By this time I can pull out my Savanna Highmane's or King Mukla, use another Unleash the Hounds (assuming I have one) and swing for huge damage as well. I use Snipe on rounds I know they can play a good creature (e.g. turn 3 with Ironfur Grizzly) and Explosive Trap is saved if I get overwhelmed, which can happen. I use my two different bows to kill taunt creatures (I sacrifice Health for Board Control, which in my opinion always helps me win).

Other classes such as Rogues and Mages, which I have the most difficulty I tend to play differently. Some Rogues and Mages absolutely destroy me, and others have a very hard time. I'm not too sure why some are easy and some are hard, I guess it's just luck of the draw, but I'm not sure. These two classes have great removal so I try and save cards up for a large nuke during one round, and possibly further rounds if they do not deal with it. I play some low mana cards early to try and force some removal cards from them. With these classes, I usually use my Bows to attack directly, unless a taunt is played. Once I know the board is safe (excpt cards like Assassinate, Poly etc) I either play multiple cards at once, combined with Unleash the Hounds to put a lot of pressure down, or Savannah Highmane with Unleash the Hounds. Some people think this is a waste, but 7 damage when they aren't expecting it is a big deal, and they are forced to kill it. This of course then procs the deathrattle effect and I have more beasts next turn.
Normally they do not have enough board clear by this point that I can take the game in the next round or two, depending on how much I poked previously and how much board clear they used during the start.

I know this deck may not look like much from first glance, but I've played around 40(?) games with this deck to get to Diamond 2, and I would average my win rate at about 80%-85% (Unless I get a string of Rogues!). I'm still finding opponents in this league to be fairly easy, with some harder than others, but I'm currently on a 12 win streak, which is always nice :)

Just a side note, King Mukla may be replaced in this deck for something else. I find that if I play him wrong, and they just buff an existing minion with the Bananas, they can kill Mukla, and they have a free buffed creature. I only play this when they have few cards left, and I have an Unleash the Hounds at the ready for more pressure.

If you have any questions about this deck or play style, or if you want to criticise or abuse me for how bad the deck or play style is, please leave a message below and I'll reply Asap :)
Reply Quote
One other point is you can swap the Bows for Snake Traps or other cards if you feel the need. I take bows to deal with Taunt creatures which then leaves the board free for clear. I normally ignore their minions unless I'm getting low or maybe low on cards. I take one Deadly Shot for that 'one' situation where I really need it, e.g. Lord of the Arena has been played, in which this works wonders, and has won me the game on several occasions.
Reply Quote
Priest can kill anything under 3 attack for 2 mana thus your earyly game is shot and they can turn there heal special into a 2 damage where every they want to aim it, so yeah they do have early game clearing. Warriors can put on a fiery war at turn 2 and can kill your early game build up.

And king mukla can so back fire on you
Reply Quote
King Muk can be great in certain situations, also if played right opponent wastes two mana to get his minion destroyed by silence (owls)/deadly shot or moved back into his hand without them by freezing trap.
Reply Quote
I run a very similar deck right now but instead of the Mukla card which I don't' have I run King Krush. At least 80% wins with this deck. Happy Hunting! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]