Budget Master-Ranked Rogue Deck!

My name is Caesium, for all intents and purposes, and I'm here to give you the cheapest and most brutal deck you could possibly want.

Q. What are the perks?

A. NO Epics or Legendaries! In fact, I only run 6 rares in the entire deck.

Q. How does this deck work?

A. A symbiotic combination or Spell Power and Taunt minions, coupled with cheap and deadly rogue spells, allows this deck to bring enemies to its knees.

Q. Sounds okay so far, but does it actually work?

A. It's gotten me to Master 2. It works like a charm, and if you add me (caesium#1672) I'd love to show you.

Making the deck:

We rogues are tricks of the trade, doing whatever it takes to win. In this case, that would be spending as little as possible without reducing the potency of the Rogue type.

So, what will you need?

760 Arcane Dust. That's it. That's less than it takes to craft two epics.

What do you need to craft?

2 Headcracks (Fantastic at comboing for massive damage)
2 Azure Drakes (Solid stats, Spell Power, and a card draw. How can you say no?)
2 Argent Commanders (Useful for running into stuff)
2 Defias Ringleaders (This + Coin or Backstab = Two minions for the price of one.)
2 Eviscerates (Great at shredding taunt minions or the enemy hero's face)

What Rogue Cards do you need?

2 Backstabs (Nukes a single minion. FOR FREE.)
2 Shivs (Card draw and potentially awesome damage with spell power)
2 FoK's (Nice board clear potential with Spell Power, and a card draw)
2 Assassinates (The surefire way to kill Deathwings, Divine Shielded minions, etc.)

What Neutral Cards do you need?

2 Kobold Geomancers (Nice little packages of Spell Power)
2 Dalaran Mages (More survivable Spell Power Minions)
2 Ironfur Grizzlies (Protection for your other minions in the early game)
2 Ogre Magi (Bulky minions with spell power)
2 Sen'jin Shieldmastas (Most irritating taunt minion in the game early on. Use it. :D)
2 Lords of the Arena (Awesome damage and a good amount of health to soak hits)

And that's the deck. Please give me any constructive feedback, understand that although this works for me it might not be great for everyone, and please remember: Yes, there are better cards to use. Yes, Edwin VanCleef isn't in this deck. But this is a budget deck. This is how you can pubstomp Paladins, shank Shamans and destroy Druids with minimal cash. For its price, you'll not find another deck this good without farming for years. So good luck, have fun, and pwn teh noobs, k.
Reply Quote
I'd honestly recommend adding Gadgetzan Auctioneer to the list of required crafted cards. Seriously, that one card has let me set up enough game-ending combos to get me from a rut in Platinum all the way up to Masters' this morning.
Reply Quote
I'd question it being cheapest most brutal deck. The deck I posted a few weeks back that got me to 1 star masters was running 2 rares, and now at 3 star master I play on a deck with 4 rares. And even then, i'm sure there are still more efficient/cheaper ways to do it.
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 03:33 PMPosted by TianZi
I'd question it being cheapest most brutal deck. The deck I posted a few weeks back that got me to 1 star masters was running 2 rares, and now at 3 star master I play on a deck with 4 rares. And even then, i'm sure there are still more efficient/cheaper ways to do it.

Maybe I've got the wrong deck you posted, but that deck has 2 copies of Patient Assassin (Epic).
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Hyshade

Maybe I've got the wrong deck you posted, but that deck has 2 copies of Patient Assassin (Epic).

That's the same deck, i just happened to throw those guys out a couple days after i added them in, haha. They didn't really do what they were meant to do since they just got AoE'd down.

I had the 2 elven archers back when I got to 1star masters (i think i posted that in the thread). Then i switched to 2x patient assassin, then switched to 2x perditions blade (what i'm using now).

I also switched the 2x sprints for 2x conceals somewhere along the way.
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 08:32 PMPosted by TianZi

That's the same deck, i just happened to throw those guys out a couple days after i added them in, haha. They didn't really do what they were meant to do since they just got AoE'd down.

I had the 2 elven archers back when I got to 1star masters (i think i posted that in the thread). Then i switched to 2x patient assassin, then switched to 2x perditions blade (what i'm using now).

I also switched the 2x sprints for 2x conceals somewhere along the way.

I primarily play control Mage, but lately I've been trying Caesium's deck. I find its really hit and miss right now, but I haven't played it a lot so I find myself having more bad luck than good with it right now. Many times I get overwhelmed with mobs of small creatures and no Fan of Knives in sight. Weapon attacks by the hero are insane though, especially after 2 applications of Deadly Poison.
Reply Quote
hello,

I tweaked your deck abit, and I'm now grandmaster with it. the idea behind this deck is great 5/5. !

I wonder what cards will remain after rogue nerf.
Reply Quote
Awesome deck!
Im 3 star diamond after 2 days..
Reply Quote
this deck is weak againts priests and mages probably now (most common opponents)
faerie dragon is best 2drop against them, and more reliable than coin defias.
2headcracks are ok, but chaper to get sinister strike with so much spellpower,
lord of the arena looks like a bite for mind control.
dalaran mage with 1/4 lost its potential to trade with 3/2 2/3 mobs, id skip him.
Reply Quote
hello,

I tweaked your deck abit, and I'm now grandmaster with it. the idea behind this deck is great 5/5. !

I wonder what cards will remain after rogue nerf.

What did you change it to? Please post a decklist!
Reply Quote
Thanks for posting! I've been wanting to pick up rogue but had 0 luck before reading this! I'm still not out of 2-Star Platinum but I'm starting to win games again! I use a very similar deck but same strategy, utilizing SP and Taunt for kill power and survival. Really love the synergy of this deck idea! Currently running:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#82:2;135:2;164:2;198:2;205:2;280:2;326:2;378:2;382:2;417:2;471:2;479:2;542:2;568:2;659:2;

Mind you, this is largely based on what cards I have available. There are some things I'd like to swap out, but this deck wins unless I get a terrible draw... Even then, that's about all you can ask from a budget deck!
Edited by Cyxe on 10/25/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Auctioneer is better than argent commander in the deck. Commander is very nice for the 2 for 1, but auctioneer can just outright win you the game. I also feel like you should reexamine lord of the arena, I know it adds another rare to the deck, but sunkeeper is really good for a 6cost taunter.
Edited by Dejekt on 10/25/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Dejekt

I used to run Auctioneer. But I always wanted my drake that gave me a card right away and +spellpower. And the times I got him out, he got removed/silenced so fast. My conclusion is that any card like this that works as long as I have board control and get lucky that the oponent doesn't have silence, damage, or removal, is just bad design.

I have to comment on your statement about Argent Commander. This card always trades 2 for 1 with me. ITS better than assassinate 70% of the time. Kill a 4 health minion and he stays on the board. Even if he gets removed the next turn it was a 2 for 1 trade.

I found board control is more important than getting a wombo combo off. Keep the preasure up, and wittle them down. That type of deck doesn't have to worry about Mind Control, Mage kill, UtH, etc. SO far its winning the most out of my other Themed/gimmicked rogue decks.
Reply Quote
I def think commander is a fantastic card, just that if you drop an auctioneer late game it's usually a huge advantage, there should be room to run both though honestly. I really dislike the 6/5 i guess. He's the only thing in your deck that dies to shadow word death, so they will have it for him a lot of the time, and since he's bigger he makes a better MC target than some other cards.
Edited by Dejekt on 10/25/2013 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's not my deck, and I agree with you on the 6/5 Lord of the Arena. I run sunwalkers myself because , again 4 attack power is great against priests. In fact in my rogue deck, the only minions that can be shadow worded are:

Sylvanna (which isn't always a bad thing)

THe rest are designed to destroy priests and works well verse every other hero as well.

Oggi Maggi
Azul Drake
Argent Commander
Sunwalker
Black Knight
Dark Iron Dwarf

THe smaller attacks are
Kobold
Ringleader
Clerics (3/3)
sheildmasta

Which are ok if they kill.
Reply Quote
I'm playing around with this deck in master 3* i've tweaked the deck abit and i'm going 12-1 right now.

Full decklist:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#131:1;135:2;164:2;280:2;286:2;326:2;364:1;378:2;382:2;388:2;395:0;417:1;435:1;463:1;471:2;479:2;525:1;568:2;659:2;
Edited by Dreadcookie on 11/10/2013 7:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
What would you change in a non-budget version?
Reply Quote
Hey man I would like to say thanks for the deck it got me to 1 star plat in one day my wins with this deck are currently 35 W - 3 L also I did drop headcrack as I am not a fan of the card and put x2 auctioneers in headcracks place which gave me pretty extremely good draw! Also this deck can make pretty awesome come backs if you can survive the early game hell Ive won 4 of my games with 1 hp with this deck. Also to anyone wondering if this deck is worth building it is as it is very cheap and works great
Reply Quote
Oh I also almost forgot I dropped Argent commanders for x2 deadly poisons since it gives me some better clearing and a low mana cost spell for comboing with the auctioneers
Reply Quote
is this deck still viable?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]