1440x900 Highest Res on Retina MacBook?

(Locked)

I dunno if this is a bug or simply not supported... However, the PC version runs at much higher resolutions.
I'm playing on a 15" Retina MacBookPro myself and my resolution is 1920x1200 which represents the resolution I chose for my OS X. I guess the maximum resolution you can set in-game is the screen-resolution you chose in the OS X preferences. Not sure if bug or feature thou...
Yeah, but my resolution is 1440x900 Hi-DPI, which is really 2880x1800
Same problem on a Macbook Pro 15" Retina, game resolution max is 1440x900. Looks great on my Yamasaki @ 2560x1440.

Related:
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9742134319
Wanted to chime in, I'm on a 13" MBP and the game is downscaling as well. Hoping they have the opportunity to look at fixing this soon, I'm sure it will look great once it's running at native resolution and from playing on my desktop (1920x1200) it appears the assets are high res enough to where the increased DPI of retina screens shouldn't be an issue.
Also, I just tried editing the options.txt file located in "~/Documents/Library/Application\ Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone/options.txt" (weird place for this, but there's another thread re. that already) to have the correct resolution and while it doesn't work (not surprising) when you go to the options in game, the current resolution is set to blank, leading me to believe that the file is being parsed by the game engine to some degree.
Actually game works at 2880x1800 resolution just fine - so it's only lacking actual support for HiDPI displays.

To play it in 2880x1800 resolution - find some utility for mac to switch it to "native resolution" (like QuickRes) and game will list 2880x1800 resolution as supported mode.

Beware things in native resolution become small!
Actually game works at 2880x1800 resolution just fine - so it's only lacking actual support for HiDPI displays.

To play it in 2880x1800 resolution - find some utility for mac to switch it to "native resolution" (like QuickRes) and game will list 2880x1800 resolution as supported mode.

Beware things in native resolution become small!

yea it looks like garbage with a utility - I tried it. the window takes up a quarter of a 15 inch laptop screen. hardly a fix
I love my retina display but it is quite disappointing to see how little support there is for it. I hope blizzard pays attention to us because this is the perfect laptop game. Although I do have to mention that running the game at 1440x900 looks pretty good compared to other games I've placed at that resolution. (Scrolls for example)
The same problem here, and it's February 2014! These pixels look awful.
Only partial solution I've found so far is to change my resolution to as high as the screen supports before launching the game and then it gives me that as an option on my 13" Retina but proper HiDPi support would be awesome, especially once the iPad version comes out and it will look better :0
This is still not fixed. Blizzard please fix this, every other of your games recognises Retina displays - it seems only the Hearthstone devs messed this one up.
Edited by Thaek on 3/30/2014 3:30 PM PDT
+1
Has there been a blue response on this at all? I can't find a single one in almost 6 months of people posting this issue... makes me really sad :(
same problem here - please fix this blizzard!
Same problem. If you fix it, I pledge buying a few packs! ;)
Hi Blizzard,

Thank you for HS. I really like the game, but I would strongly prefer retina support. When can we expect it? ;)
+1
It would be very nice if we could just get a blue comment on the subject of retina support. We all just...want the shiny! :'(
+1
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]