Mid-Game Stoppage But Opponent Keeps Playing

How about the network issues?
Game starts to act awkwardly, when your connection starts to glitch.
Happened to me a few times, but since my connection issues were short timed they didn't have much of impact. Cards sticked at some odd locations, where disconnection met them.
Anyway, after dragging or reusing them they appeared to act normally.
Reply Quote
Happened to me just now in Arena as well.

I was about to start a game vs a warlock, (I'm playing a warrior)

When loaded up the board is grayed out, similar to when you go to the left and check what was just played in the "combat log".

A similar freeze happened yesterday in Arena when I was playing vs a hunter, I couldn't do anything but he still played the game, it eventually defreezed after 4 turns or so. I was playing a mage I think.

Needless to say, I already lost the game.

I have played somewhere around 200+ games, never happens in ladder, only in arena thus far. The games are about 90% ladder,10% arena.
Reply Quote
Grimster I want to clarify for you that Rolkyr asked for your system's DXDiag and probably can't assist you with your issue until you do. For clarification on how to do so, follow these steps:

• Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
  • Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘
  • This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  • At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  • This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  • Save this to your desktop.
  • Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  • Ctrl+V (paste) the information to this forum.

It should include your system information and lot of other lines of text. Summarily, it is a report of your computer status and how it affects your system. None of the report can be used to your disadvantage, no private information is revealed.
Edited by Sakura on 10/19/2013 5:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Snuske - I was beginning to think that I really was the only one with problems like this. The same thing happens to me. Nothing worse than having it happen during Arena and return with a loss. I've received rewards before opening them in Arena as well. Stay strong, friend! We'll get through this! lol

@icantswim - Thanks, that what I figured. I'm hesitant to do it until I get some kind of Blue response though. I don't want to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling if it is going to be the same effect due to my system. Of course, it probably would be worth it to possibly cure my only frustration with this game...

I'm so torn! And frustrated...yeah, mainly frustrated.
Reply Quote
@Sakura - I did post that a while back. But, animal acted like they didn't see it either. Here it is again:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3072MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Display Memory: 1788 MB
Dedicated Memory: 508 MB
Shared Memory: 1279 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Reply Quote
@Sakura - I did post that a while back. But, animal acted like they didn't see it either. Here it is again:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3072MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Display Memory: 1788 MB
Dedicated Memory: 508 MB
Shared Memory: 1279 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

There should be more (a lot more) information than that. Are you following all the steps or just copying the first screen when you run the diagnostic?

This is for a different game, but this poster created a pretty thorough walk-through and includes a Spoiler tag showing what a report should look like: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1742903-obtaining-a-dxdiag-log/
Edited by Sakura on 10/20/2013 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It has been running fine the past 2-3 days, so I'm hoping we're in the clear!
Reply Quote
Okay, so everything has been running fine since my last post(almost 3 months!). However, the past three days have been a return to the nightmare. However, now it is to the point where once in a match I can't play after turn 2. This has happened in every mode over the past three days. Has this been an issue again with others lately?
Reply Quote
@Grimster:

Are you executing heavy down- or uploads while playing the game?
Have you ever had any network problems?
Do you have any firewalls or similar running that could interfere with your connection?

Your problem sounds somewhat familiar to how the game responds, when played on a hard pressed connection.
Edited by DocHoliday on 1/16/2014 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
@DocHoliday:

No, I normally don't run anything else while I'm playing beyond beyond my anti-virus program. I don't normally have network issues, but do run a firewall. I don't have it set at the highest security settings, but I don't turn it off when I'm playing either.
Reply Quote
I had a similar but different issue here - http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11205010492

My next game, without any changes client side, went fine however.
Reply Quote
@Kzay

Just read it. Those are exactly the kind of issues I had about 3 months ago and am currently now having again.
Reply Quote
You'll probably want to provide that full DXdiag report people have mentioned (you've only provided the most basic info, not the full report).

Open up DXdiag, let it load in, and then hit "Save All Information", down at the bottom near the "exit" button. A save dialog will pop up and let you choose where to save that file, though I think it defaults to the desktop which is easy enough.

Open the file and copy and paste the entire thing into here. It will look like spam, but the Blues know how to read it all. =)
Edited by Tiakatt on 1/17/2014 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Okay, this is happening literally every time I get on now. I may be able to play a few full games here and there, but literally every time I get on I run into this issue. I'm frozen out of games far more often than I'm able to complete them.

I've seen it mentioned several times that dxdiag does not give up any sensitive information, but in this day and age, I'd feel more comfortable passing it straight to a Blizzard employee via e-mail or some other means. Would it be possible to get support outside of the forums?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
I just had a similar bug. I couldnt play anything but the end turn was grey and the timer saw it like i was afk, I missed 2 turns and then the 3rd i could play right before the rope burned up and then the next turn i couldnt play "i cant do that". Free arena win for my opponent. http://imgur.com/a/hvnpF Here are some screen shots. Turn 4 I could play minions after the rope started and then not again. I spoke with my opponent and he could see my taunts and attempts to click cards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]