Introducing the 64-bit Technical Alpha Game Client
We’ll be releasing a 64-bit version of the Technical Alpha client with our next patch, which players on 64-bit Windows systems will be able to start using just as soon as maintenance concludes on patch day.
If you’ve got more than 4GB of RAM installed in your machine, the 64-bit client will allow the game to utilize this extra memory, reducing the risk that you might run into an Out-of-Memory error while playing Heroes of the Storm. We’ll make further improvements to the 64-bit client with future game updates, but for now, check out the instructions below to find out how you can set up and run the 64-bit client after our next Heroes patch.
64-bit Client Launch Instructions:
1. Launch the Battle.net App and click the Battle.net icon in the top left corner of the app.
2. Click “Settings” from the dropdown list, and then select “Game Settings” from the Settings menu.
3. Next, find Heroes of the Storm on the Game Settings menu and uncheck the box labeled “Launch 32-bit client” (pictured below.)
4. Finally, click “Done” in the lower right corner, and then launch Heroes of the Storm to begin using the 64-bit Technical Alpha client.
5. If you’d like to return to using the 32-bit version of the Heroes client, simply re-check the box labeled “Launch 32-bit client” in the Game Settings menu.
Once again, kindly keep in mind that the 64-bit Tech Alpha client will only available to users on Windows systems at first, but if you’re a Mac user, don’t worry! We’ll be making a Mac version of the 64-bit client available for use in the future, as well.
Stay tuned right here on the official Heroes of the Storm site, because patch day, and the 64-bit Tech Alpha client, are just a stone’s throw away.