Heroes of the Storm™

PAX Prime Info?

Normally, I just check in with this forum or the News section of this site ... but today there's nothing at all. I kinda thought that, with PAX Prime going on, this would be a heavy news day, and I've been disappointed.

Was anything new or interesting discussed in this morning's panel? Is any additional gameplay footage going around? Is there ... anything at all?

I'm not constantly dying for news, but today was kinda built up and I'm getting nothing. I mean, I wish I could be there at PAX, but I have a family, a job, and a Masters Program to attend. I know I won't get everything - I just hoped to get SOMETHING today.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Lord Dreadman
Reply Quote
... they're at PAX, how are they supposed to be posting news WHILE being at PAX?

There may be some news out of aggriate sites, but Blizzard typically won't do a writeup for an event until after the event is over
Edited by Fujin on 8/29/2014 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not true, dude. They often have a writeup ready to go before the event and release it during the day, and, anyway, I'm less curious about Blizzard's take on PAX and more interested in fan sites.

It's just that none of the ones I follow have anything yet. I wondered if anyone knew of another one. Nice to know Fujin doesn't, but does anyone else?

Lord Dreadman
Reply Quote
Me don't know either, sorry.

In all seriousness I expect the news within the next 8 hours.
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 04:16 PMPosted by LordDreadman
Not true, dude. They often have a writeup ready to go before the event and release it during the day, and, anyway, I'm less curious about Blizzard's take on PAX and more interested in fan sites.

Not for Heroes of the Storm. The last two major events haven't had one until after the event, likely due to there not being any PR staff attached to the program.
Reply Quote
Still nothing. That's weird, right?

With all the potential interviews and people playing these new heroes, I've heard nothing at all about them. I'm less annoyed or excited now .... Mostly, I'm just confused. This game has been covered to death when the game hasn't changed in weeks, yet now, with big changes in the wings, nothing.

Strange.

Lord Dreadman
Reply Quote
Have you check the "News" tab?

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/

It has some info about Pax, but if you're looking for more there "probably" wont be any more news until the end of Pax.
Edited by Arch on 8/31/2014 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, I saw it. It's kinda what made me want to rant again. ;)

I was so excited to click it ... and so disappointed to read it.

Oh well, I'll continue to wait.

Lord Dreadman
Reply Quote
it's probably more like "here's 3 new Heroes" we have new battleground and other thing which you probably know anyway.
Reply Quote
They're showing the same stuff at PAX as they did at Gamescom as far as I know. I guess there may be different questions asked to the devs, but you'll need to wait for the sites that are asking the questions to post their interview text.

Otherwise, check all the information from Gamescom from the sites around.

I suspect shortly after PAX we'll see updates to the alpha *fingers crossed*
Reply Quote
08/31/2014 01:19 AMPosted by Lizzard
we have new battleground and other thing which you probably know anyway.

haven't heard of a new battleground or anything so any sort of reveal on that would be cool.
Reply Quote
If you want some information regarding all the 3 new heroes, you can check out the reddit forums. Just google "reddit heroes of the storm".
Reply Quote
08/31/2014 01:21 AMPosted by RearAdmiral
haven't heard of a new battleground or anything so any sort of reveal on that would be cool.

Garden of terror
Reply Quote
08/31/2014 01:42 AMPosted by Lizzard
Garden of terror

I thought you were referring to something they might reveal at PAX.

Would be a bit odd if they revealed an already revealed and released battleground at PAX.
Reply Quote
MVP - ANZ
They'll have a full recap at the end of PAX.

Mind transcends our material form.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/29/2014 03:45 PMPosted by Fujin
... they're at PAX, how are they supposed to be posting news WHILE being at PAX?

There may be some news out of aggriate sites, but Blizzard typically won't do a writeup for an event until after the event is over

Pssshaw! I'm way ahead of you! ;)

I've been making posts throughout PAX Prime on Facebook and Twitter, and I've also posted a new blog which covers what we've been up to at this year's PAX Prime! I'm planning on continuing to update it throughout the convention as well!

If you have any particular questions regarding what we're up to at PAX, just let me know, and I'll check back and I'll do my best answer them in this thread.
Reply Quote
This may be a bit audacious, but I'm gonna ask anyway.

How about a gameplay video with Azmodan as the main player so we can watch his abilities, Vaeflare? Anub'arak is good too ... but he seems less interesting than Azmodan (I know, it kills me to say it too).

Pretty unlikely, I'd say, but I've seen community managers pull off some amazing things on these forums. Do what you can. :)

Lord Dreadman
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/31/2014 11:51 AMPosted by LordDreadman

How about a gameplay video with Azmodan as the main player so we can watch his abilities, Vaeflare? Anub'arak is good too ... but he seems less interesting than Azmodan (I know, it kills me to say it too).

Pretty unlikely, I'd say, but I've seen community managers pull off some amazing things on these forums. Do what you can. :)

Lord Dreadman

While you won't see a new gameplay video direct from the show floor here at PAX Prime (our video team handles those sorts of things back home in Irvine HQ), this video we recently released shows these three exciting new Heroes in action.

That said, we're definitely working on videos for each of these characters for when they're released, and additionally, we're working towards releasing short ability videos for each Hero, like the ones you see here on the lower part of Rehgar's Hero Page.

I helped out with a recent playmatch which featured these characters. I'll see if I can track down the VoD of that match if one's available. :)
Reply Quote
08/31/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Vaeflare
08/31/2014 11:51 AMPosted by LordDreadman

Lord Dreadman

While you won't see a new gameplay video direct from the show floor here at PAX Prime (our video team handles those sorts of things back home in Irvine HQ), [url="http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/15200759"]this video we recently released[/url] shows these three exciting new Heroes in action.

That said, we're definitely working on videos for each of these characters for when they're released, and additionally, we're working towards releasing short ability videos for each Hero, like the ones you see here on the lower part of[url="http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/rehgar/"] Rehgar's Hero Page[/url].

I helped out with a recent playmatch which featured these characters. I'll see if I can track down the VoD of that match if one's available. :)

Thanks, man! I'd love to see it!

Lord Dreadman
Reply Quote
here is an interview with dustin browder.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/14057676596#1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]