Acount Progression wiping ?

Hello there !

i was been playing Heroes for a while , and i cant get around the idea why our account progression will be wiped out the second the game goes live, people who are participating in alpha version are trying to get lvl up and get enough gold to unlock all the heroes they can, but the idea of resetting all the progress that players spent so many hours to complete is kind of a let down , i personally am disappointed to see this coming , and i found this quit exhausting and waste of effort to do any progress in alpha access , i mean come on no body wants to do it all over again .
why we cant at least have our unlocked heroes as a token of appreciation ?
Reply Quote
People who are participating in alpha are here to test the game for live release. Your goal should be to have fun and test the game/maps/heroes. Your end goal should not be to unlock all heroes and lvl up all the way(even if this eventually happens anyway) because from the beginning we have known of the wipe.

Signing up for a beta, let alone an alpha, comes with the knowledge that in most cases everything will be wiped. Its not just early access to the game.
Reply Quote
09/04/2014 08:46 AMPosted by Cinnead
People who are participating in alpha are here to test the game for live release. Your goal should be to have fun and test the game/maps/heroes. Your end goal should not be to unlock all heroes and lvl up all the way(even if this eventually happens anyway) because from the beginning we have known of the wipe.

Signing up for a beta, let alone an alpha, comes with the knowledge that in most cases everything will be wiped. Its not just early access to the game.

and why is that ? you said your goal should be to have fun ?
let me start with a question :
how many errors and bugs occurred to you since starting to play this game ?

we are testing the game and we are playing with heroes that are mostly locked and the price to unlock them are way too expensive and it almost takes around 300 , 400 Hours of game-play to unlock them all . and there are more heroes yet to come in nexus in every patch , this alpha access may long for another year , you are telling me ,hey lets play and progress and unlock all the heroes and play with them , then when the game goes live all the progress you had play for a long time are gone and you have to do it all over again ? for casual players this might be nothing , but for those who waited 3 years for this game its not fair at all . i know what do you say brother i truly do , and believe me heroes is not the first blizzard beta game i have accessed .

all i'm saying is just this vision if you want to clear the profile lvl and all the other things when the game goes live go ahead do it already but at least let us have our heroes unlocked which we spent so many hours farming to unlock them , thats all .
Edited by Anim4lity on 9/4/2014 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
then when the game goes live all the progress you had play for a long time are gone and you have to do it all over again ? for casual players this might be nothing , but for those who waited 3 years for this game its not fair at all

Why does it need to be fair? I bet you some people would say it's not fair that you have access to the game right now and they don't.

Just because you specifically may not have found any bugs/errors doesn't mean other people haven't.

You were invited to help test it out, why should you get anything at all? It's not as if they forced you to play.

This would be like asking to have your WoW char at max level already because you leveled it up during the beta.
Reply Quote
Why does it need to be fair? I bet you some people would say it's not fair that you have access to the game right now and they don't.

Just because you specifically may not have found any bugs/errors doesn't mean other people haven't.

You were invited to help test it out, why should you get anything at all? It's not as if they forced you to play.

This would be like asking to have your WoW char at max level already because you leveled it up during the beta.

you are relating two totally different thing and making a logic out of it , my brother .
i was summoned to nexus to battle out , and see how the heroes and everything interact with one another . if i was to keep the profile lvl and rank lvl (though its not added yet ) that would be quite what you say , we must not keep the profile lvl , hero lvl , and all those stuff because it would not be fair for the other players .
but do you see my brother heroes in hots alpha are not unlocked , ergo , in order to make them playable we have to unlock them first . and its a very very very long procedure for those who spend game gold (not real money) on heroes , i want to try every single hero of this game but by the gods i have to pay 10,000 for some heroes which if you have played this game long enough you would know how devastating is this .
how the hell am i supposed to help feedback when most of the time im trying to farm gold . :| and then i have to do it all over again .

ps : about the errors , i have seen all the bugs and errors heroes had to offer ;)
Ps 2 : i dont know why did you bring the wow , i assume another false comparison buy in case you may not know , wow beta players can create a lvl 100 character with full pvp gear in beta , tell me why they should keep this char in live ? that's total nonsense .
ps 3 : player in wow with full endgame gear in beta are at the end game , so whats the point of playing in live with those chars ? but in heroes even though if you have all heroes unlocked , its just beginning .
Reply Quote
It's alpha! Period

/Thread Closed.
Reply Quote
you are relating two totally different thing and making a logic out of it , my brother .
i was summoned to nexus to battle out , and see how the heroes and everything interact with one another

No I'm really not relating two different things.

It doesn't matter why you THINK you were invited, but you were invited solely for testing purposes. This is not an early access to the game.

how the hell am i supposed to help feedback when most of the time im trying to farm gold . :| and then i have to do it all over again .

They invite tons of people so that everything will get tested, not so that every person will test every single thing. You provide feedback on the parts of the game that you did experience.

Really, you agreed to the fact that you get nothing out of this when you signed up, so I honestly don't understand why you think you should be entitled to anything.
Edited by Allarius on 9/4/2014 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/04/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Allarius
They invite tons of people so that everything will get tested, not so that every person will test every single thing. You provide feedback on the parts of the game that you did experience.

feedback, this is exactly what I'm doing right know .

Really, you agreed to the fact that you get nothing out of this when you signed up, so I honestly don't understand why you think you should be entitled to anything.

i did agree only to participate in beta , again that's what I'm doing right know , participating .

you sir are having a different understanding of my perspective , the soul intention of my request is that why there should be such thing . why not keeping the heroes.

if you are not going to do so , at least make all heroes unlocked in alpha so everyone can play them long enough to find out what are their heroes's problems in game .

anyhow , i would like to see a blue post to Clarify if there is going to be somehow any chance that our heroes stay unlocked after the game is released ?!
Edited by Anim4lity on 9/4/2014 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
you sir are having a different understanding of my perspective , the soul intention of my request is that why there should be such thing . why not keeping the heroes.

Fair enough. I don't agree with you, but I understand your point.

anyhow , i would like to see a blue post to Clarify if there is going to be somehow any chance that our heroes stay unlocked after the game is released ?!

I can say with almost 100% certainty that they will never do this. You can wait for a blue post(If one even chooses to comment on the subject) but I wouldn't expect a much different answer.
Reply Quote
The wipe is to ensure that all players begin the game on a level playing field.

What we, the Alpha testers *are* getting is a HUGE amount of experience with the game. That's going to translate to drastically faster progress once the game launches.

That's what I'm looking forward to taking with me into launch. A deep, fundamental knowledge of the games systems, along with the pride in knowing I helped launch the title.

If the thought of losing your progress bothers you, then perhaps you shouldn't be taking part in the Alpha.
Reply Quote
09/04/2014 08:33 AMPosted by Anim4lity
i mean come on no body wants to do it all over again .
why we cant at least have our unlocked heroes as a token of appreciation ?

So, what you are saying is:

Playing heroes matches is a chore to get in-game shiny things. Who would ever play heroes knowing they'll lose all those shiny things in-game?

?

And nothing about the above looks wrong to you?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey!

Just wanted to shine some light on the topic of: "Why not just unlock all the Heroes for testing?"

Having the Heroes locked just as they would be when the final game is released, allows us to test our process and understand how our systems will work. From there, we can evaluate and understand important things such as gold gain, hero unlocking, and player progression. If we were to unlock all heroes, we wouldn't be able to test the system which means we could release the game with some flaws. I don't think anyone would want to experience that. :P

This is the first time Blizzard has ever created a game like Heroes of The Storm. We are receiving and processing a large amount of data with every game you play. So, with that being said, thanks for testing the system and please continue to provide feedback! Your words and opinions will help shape Heroes of The Storm into the awesome game that we all hope to play for years to come!
Reply Quote
you would HATE doing any QA as a job. You lose your progress every other week.

....so much Mario Party.
Reply Quote
I like how he pretends that wiping hero/profile levels would be a bad thing if you got to keep unlocked heroes.

I'd love to wipe my profile level to get all that gold again!

OP, its on you if you've sunk so much time into a game in alpha that you knew going in was going to be wiped to the point where you are going to be bothered that the wipe happens.

Not sure why you think a WoW beta isn't a fair comparison, you can get premade level 100 characters, but you can copy an existing character and level it normally. There is no expectation you get to keep those characters, even the ones you leveled yourself.
Edited by Althizor on 9/4/2014 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All I ask for is that by the time the wipe happens, talent gating has been removed from the game.

That is all.
Reply Quote
First off, this game is AMAZING! It's the first MOBA that has gotten me hooked and having researched others, I honestly have no desire to play any other. That said, it does bum me out knowing my account will be wiped. Having to relevel to me isn't such a bad thing, but I really don't want to lose out on my favorite heroes.

09/04/2014 06:33 PMPosted by ihatefx
All I ask for is that by the time the wipe happens, talent gating has been removed from the game.That is all.

^ THIS! It really kinda sucks having to be a burden to your team because you haven't won 2 matches to unlock your good spells. I get the intention of the system is to provide a meaningful form of progression but honestly, I find myself not playing free heroes just because I know I can't use a lot of the good talents (sorry but block has nothing on war paint).
Reply Quote
09/05/2014 01:32 AMPosted by Kakkarot

^ THIS! It really kinda sucks having to be a burden to your team because you haven't won 2 matches to unlock your good spells. I get the intention of the system is to provide a meaningful form of progression but honestly, I find myself not playing free heroes just because I know I can't use a lot of the good talents (sorry but block has nothing on war paint).

You gain enough experience in practice games to get those in no time. This is a non-issue. Sure, back when you had to be a higher level, it took more XP, this was a valid argument, but not any more.
Reply Quote
Dude... OP....

You are here to test all those systems

Did all your unlocks... unlock okay?

Because quite a few people had trouble.. lost gold.. heroes didnt unlock

We have been given copious amounts of gold.. for an assortment of things.. for example... the artifact system.. we had been given gold when they wanted to test it (Here is some gold.. use it to buy artifacts so they can be tested) ..... Well some people like myself.. hadnt logged on during the 48 hours (Yeah they removed it within 2 days due to problems with balance) so i had a big pile of gold ... and well i spent it on unlocked the rest of the roster (yeap..I got em all)

that is first and foremost... unfair on the aspect of earning gold

Real money purchases... MAY be wiped (they havent yet) .. if they do.. you get that credit back and can immediatly use it to re-purchase what you had.. or get something different ...

Wipes are done because sometimes a certain iteration of the client will not work unless it happens..like extreme major changes to the purchasing database and such (I dont really know because i don't work for Blizzard... i just know from working on a few student and indie titles)

It sucks.... i mean... I am level 40... .with 5 level 10 heroes ... a master skin for tyrande .... and every hero unlocked .... with most of them being level 5+

but.. with a wipe... comes a fresh plate of gaming goodness
Reply Quote
If anyone is interested, I've been tracking my gold gain versus where it used to be prior to the July 23 patch that changed dailies to 200 gold and added win/loss rewards per game:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B71d6NiG2ZlUI59YjlNVgiNJ7IquRCamBaKrjLPZpF8/edit#gid=0

09/05/2014 08:33 AMPosted by Vertoxis
Yeah they removed it within 2 days due to problems with balance

Actually, Artifacts lasted approximately 6 or 7 days. But yeah, it was gone pretty quick after a huge negative backlash from the players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]