Neverending Story

Blizzard Employee
08/30/2014 02:51 PMPosted by Lizzard
After 2 days from now there will be 10 months since Alpha journey, soon we will have whole year of testing, testing and testing (if you're lucky enough to beat up those millions of people standing in queue behind you).

So far in this long journey we've seen many exiting changes like new map, different systems, skins & heroes and lets not forget about heroes balancing changes and map changes.

Time flies, and I've been seeing a few post lately to the effect of "we've been in Alpha for over/nearly a year!" and I wanted to step in and remind everyone that the Technical Alpha phase of testing actually began in mid-March of this year, so we've actually only been in Alpha for a little over five months (and that's assuming you got in in the very first wave of invites).

Development is continuing at a good pace, and we've added a lot to the game in the last few months: everything from Hero up-rezes, new skins, a new map, UI and progression changes, and more. You can bet there's more where that came from, and that we'll continue to keep you updated as development on Heroes moves forward!

Thanks for your continued feedback and passion for Heroes of the Storm!
Reply Quote
Well all that aside I have loved the last few months. I would like to see a king of the hill style control the zone type of map added in wit the others and maybe a support calss from diablo maybe monk or cain? maybe a few more siege class as I love this idea so much ty for using it... and im prepped and waiting to test any new stuff you guys are cooking up for us.
Reply Quote
08/30/2014 07:39 PMPosted by Lizzard
(actually I love playing their games and there's no reason to stop playing)

08/31/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Lizzard
I'll better play other games and focus on something else

hmmm *scratches head*

Kay...

Blizzard is known to take its time to make great games. And this is in Alpha because of all the bugs that still happen.

Have you ever been disconnected? Ever got the screen that said you have been reconnected but havent? Yeah... that happens all the time.

Its a free game that costs nobody money (unless they choose to). So why do you sound so upset?? If you enjoy it and for you its running smoothly then why are you walking away?

I'm so confused by this OP!!
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Vaeflare
Development is continuing at a good pace, and we've added a lot to the game in the last few months: everything from Hero up-rezes, new skins, a new map, UI and progression changes, and more.

Thank you Vaeflare for clarification on the date and that development goes as planned.

09/01/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Legionnaire
Have you ever been disconnected? Ever got the screen that said you have been reconnected but havent? Yeah... that happens all the time.

I haven't been aware about server issues and other connection problems until I've watched recent Pax, I assumed it's all been fixed long time ago.

09/01/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Legionnaire
If you enjoy it and for you its running smoothly then why are you walking away?

I'm not walking away from the game because I have no access to it. I'm just saying it will be a lot longer then I expected it'll be to get access ...unless they'll increase invites which doesn't seams like they will before fixing servers.

I guess I'll have to wait for more details from Devs Q&A hoping they'll fix servers soon and that they'll start increasing invites.
Reply Quote
Let's also not forget server limitations. Discounting Lizard Squad's attacks, there've been other noticeable server issues with just the low numbers of players in the alpha.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:03 AMPosted by LASCAR77
No matter how long it takes, the tech alpha should go on until it is sound to be released as "BETA". Alpha is meant to explore every possibilities by gathering all feedbacks from players who really want to help develop the game and actually work on it until they find it satisfactory to release it as beta to the grand public.

That's very shallow alpha description. Actually alpha is to make sure game is playable at satisfactionary level, that there are all the most important features like ranked more (which is there but disabled), tutorials, campaigns and versus modes (for balancing).

08/30/2014 08:02 PMPosted by Fujin
They still have to finish Spectator Mode, Replays, Resume, Achievements, Clans, Profiles, the system that will replace artifacts, and Ranked Mode

Things like above except Ranked mode can be implemented during beta as players don't really need spectator mode to play a game and test it .
Replays, clans and other things can always be added later so going back to LASCAR77 it's actually not about feedback only. If Blizzard would want a feedback only they would let streamers play and wait for feedback from players about game.

There's also difference between Alpha and Blizzard's Alpha which you forgot but it's worth mentioning, many companies request money for access to alpha and game looks like it's nowhere near finish, more like they've started making it. On the other side Blizzard's Alpha looks like other company's beta which obviously frustrates people and they wonder why it's even in Alpha if it looks like Beta.

As I said many features mentioned aren't really required in this game but if they won't fix servers now then it might be even harder for them to do it once population increases so in my mind priority they have right now is servers and other features will be added later or when they work on fixing servers which is now (like it happened with artifacts). After all just because server department has problems doesn't mean they should stop whole team.

P.S. It's still a mystery to me what kind of problems they have apart from DC's(serious or not really) but it doesn't look that great, I think they work on it quite a while.
Reply Quote
Its sad to see this kind of response to something as awesome as alpha testing. Getting a sneak peak to a game allows you to get the good and bad.
Good?
Months of earlier access to a game that you would never have gotten. Blizz can also respond to things more quickly in a world that has not been set (artifacts quickly removed after community response to it).

Bad?
We're going to see a game without getting the real version for longer - what a tease (especially if you don't have access). You see the bugs in action, and probably subject to the most volatile period of broken characters.

Personally, i'll take early access to a game like this any day over waiting.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 10:42 AMPosted by Muffin
Personally, i'll take early access to a game like this any day over waiting.

I agree, I'd really like to get into this alpha. I will play this game anyway when it comes out, but being able to play with other people who are new and the ability to be on the frontier of finding exploits and imbalances is awesome. On one hand for using them to win games and on the other to help blizzard with the balancing and fixes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]