Heroes Release date?

(Locked)

Any idea when this game will be out for everyone?
Blizzard have made no official release date announcements, nor have they made any for when Beta will begin.
As we are still in the earliest phases of testing it is unlikely that an open Beta will happen until at least six months in the future, let alone a full release. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more like a year.
Judging on past efforts, and the fact that they know they need to make this game truly epic to compete with the titles out there right now, we are in alpha stages, with clearly alot of work ahead of them. I would bet the beta to begin in about 7-8 months, and a good 7-8 months of beta, I believe we are talking spring of 2016 when this game is in full release and ready.
09/01/2014 03:45 AMPosted by Shahab
Judging on past efforts, and the fact that they know they need to make this game truly epic to compete with the titles out there right now, we are in alpha stages, with clearly alot of work ahead of them. I would bet the beta to begin in about 7-8 months, and a good 7-8 months of beta, I believe we are talking spring of 2016 when this game is in full release and ready.

LOL. more like mid 2015.
I would say March- Aug 2015.
Soon™
09/01/2014 03:49 AMPosted by MostlyPanda
LOL. more like mid 2015.

2016 is a more reasonable estimate. We aren't even in Beta yet, and Betas typically last at least a year.
I've participated in betas for lots of different games, and 85% of the time they lasted from 4 days to 6 weeks. RARELY have they lasted longer than 2 months.

Alphas don't seem to have any time frame, since there is typically only a rough outline of what the game needs to look like.

Take Archeage for example. This is a huge, free to play sandbox MMO with a full crafting system (including dozens of different houses, boats, farms, gear, etc) and warfare on the high seas. Four CBEs (closed beta events) lasting between 3-8 days, followed by (coming in sept) 4 days of open beta, then a four day head start for people who paid for it, then release. The point of which was to add thousands more people each time, testing their servers. The developers laid out their goals for each event and met them. All told, they had less than 3 months of beta testing for a game that will handle many thousands of concurrent connections across many continents. And yes, I understand that HotS is not an mmorpg, clearly. Just pointing out another companies approach to beta testing.

As far as I understand the development of this game, the main thing being tested in the last few months is server stability, not bugs in the game (not that they don't exist). I haven't seen many well defined goals that the team is working towards. If Blizzard servers can't handle the amount of traffic on them (and judging from in game lag it has gotten MUCH better) then they will stay in the holding pattern of Alpha indefinitely.

Once beta actually starts, I would expect it to wrap up quickly, as they should have defined goals to accomplish. I assume they will add more server space (or perhaps have already done so) and really try to ensure stability before any kind of transition happens.
I could foresee a very short beta as well, because this rather unique alpha might help test things prior to beta.

Of course what really matters is Blizzard's past behaviors for betas, not other companies.
Community Manager
09/01/2014 03:37 AMPosted by Daniel
Any idea when this game will be out for everyone?

We are still deep in development and are currently in the Technical Alpha phase of testing. We haven't yet announced a release date for Heroes of the Storm, but you can bet that when we do, we'll let you know all about it. :) Hang in there!
09/01/2014 03:45 AMPosted by Shahab

Have you ever been in a beta? I can tell you they don't typically last that long. For example the diablo 3 and starcraft 2 beta's were roughly 4-5 months. And Blizz is famous for having exceptionally long alpha/beta development stages in comparison to other companies. And considering the game has been in "friends and family alpha" since January the beta shouldn't be that far off. That said there has been nothing official as of yet.
Based on popular games like Minecraft and Dota 2, do not expect full release anytime soon especially with a Blizzard game. I give at least 1 year of alpha and probably 6-12 months of beta.
This is Blizzard we are talking about. Plan for at least a year and a half after the original release date. I don't remember last time Blizzard released a game on it's original release date.
10/04/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Skevich
This is Blizzard we are talking about. Plan for at least a year and a half after the original release date. I don't remember last time Blizzard released a game on it's original release date.

StarCraft 2. Diablo 3. Heart of the Swarm. Reaper of Souls. I don't even know about the WoW expansions, but id bet that they were released on their release date as well.

Don't confuse the projected completion time with an actual release date, because they are not remotely the same thing.
Edited by Kelthar on 10/4/2014 2:29 PM PDT
I'll make a "bold" statement:

25/10/2015 (or 10/25/2015 US format) :D
Just buy the founder's pack in closed beta, easy access easy life easy win :3
10/05/2014 02:56 AMPosted by Volya
Just buy the founder's pack in closed beta, easy access easy life easy win :3

I hope they announce this Founder's Pack real soon, tired of waiting... :(
Probably at the start of closed beta, or the second part of it.

Can't wait to play it with all my friends, this game is so much fun in duo, can't imagine at 5 !
Edited by Volya on 10/5/2014 5:03 AM PDT
Beta release/announcement at Blizzcon. Release a few months after that. The game is very solid despite balance/ui/whatever issues. The "turnover" has been exceptionally fast at Blizzard nowadays. Hearthstone came out very quickly and Heroes has shown to be developed very quickly as well. Seeing the differences from early alpha to now is shocking. They could easily release a Beta very soon.
I do expect Beta shortly after Blizzcon, I think it's going to last 4-8 months though, not be released shortly after that.
I'm just guessing, however.
Edited by Jacquerel on 10/5/2014 9:09 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]