We’ve just published a new Balance Test Map to the StarCraft II Custom Games list titled "Bel’Shir Vestige LE (2.0.11 Balance v1.0)". This time, we're testing a few balance tweaks across all three races in Heart of the Swarm multiplayer. During this testing phase, please keep in mind that none of the changes listed below are final. Our plan is to first consider each change, and potentially test additional changes after reviewing your feedback. Let's have a look at what you'll be testing:
- Movement speed increased from 3.375 to 4.0
- Acceleration increased from 2 to 3
- Revelation casting radius increased from 9 to 10
- Vehicle and Ship Weapon upgrades have been combined
- Siege Tank
- Siege Mode attack period decreased from 3.0 to 2.7
- Widow Mine
- Sentinel Missiles splash radius decreased from 1.75 to 1.25
- Roach Warren
- The Tunneling Claws upgrade now increases burrowed Roach movement speed from 1.41 to 2.25.
If you're interested in the StarCraft II Balance Team's reasoning behind each change, you can check out David Kim's recent forum post.
Once again, feedback based on playtesting is the most helpful information you can share with us at this time. We kindly ask that you spend some time playing games on the test map before offering your thoughts on the changes listed above.As always, thank you for your continued feedback and support. We’d like to restate that we’re trying out these changes to see how they affect current gameplay, and none of them are final. Once you feel you’ve had enough time to test thoroughly, we welcome you to join us in this discussion thread.