We’ve just published a new version of the StarCraft II Balance Test Map to the Custom Games list titled "Bel'Shir Vestige LE (2.0.11 Balance v1.1)". As you may be aware, we decided to tweak a couple of the changes proposed in the previous Balance Test Map for the reasons mentioned in David Kim's recent forum post. Thank you very much for your play testing and feedback on the last test map. The experiences and thoughts you sent our way contributed to the changes below, and we're ready for a new round of testing.
During this time, please keep in mind that none of the changes listed below are final. Our plan is to first consider each change, and test additional changes after reviewing your feedback, if necessary. Now, let's have a look at what you'll be testing:
- Revelation casting range has returned to 9.
- Units that burrow or cloak while under the effects of Revelation will once again be revealed after unburrowing or uncloaking.
- Sentinel Missiles splash damage radius has returned to 1.75.
- Sentinel Missiles now deal reduced damage to units caught within its splash radius based on their distance from the target:
- 40 damage within 1.25 radius
- 20 damage from 1.25 to 1.5 radius
- 10 damage from 1.5 to 1.75 radius
Once again, feedback based on play testing is the most helpful information you can share with us. We kindly ask that you spend some time playing games on the balance test map before offering your thoughts on the changes above.As always, thank you for your continued feedback and support. We’d like to restate that we’re trying out these changes to see how they affect current gameplay, and none of them are set in stone. Once you feel you’ve had enough time to test thoroughly, we welcome you to join us in this discussion thread.