We’ve just published a new version of the Balance Test Map to the StarCraft II Custom Games list titled "(2)OvergrowthLE (2.1.3 Balance v1.0)". In this new version, we’ll be testing changes to the Widow Mine’s splash damage, the Thor’s AA prioritization, and we’ll be decreasing the duration of the Mothership Core’s Time Warp ability. During this testing phase, please keep in mind that none of the changes listed below are final. Our plan is to first explore how each change impacts the game and potentially test additional changes after reviewing your feedback. Let's have a look at the full list of changes you'll be testing in this version:
- Widow Mine
- Splash radius increased from 1.25/1.5/1.75 to 1.5/2/2.5
- Changed to prioritize their AA weapon over the AG weapon
- Mothership Core
- Time Warp duration decreased from 30 to 15 seconds
Balance Testing Extension Mod
We’ve also updated the Extension Mod for balance testing, so that you can try your hand with these changes on maps other than Overgrowth. Those of you who are interested in trying out the Extension Mod can use the following steps to get a game started:
- Navigate to Browse Maps on the Custom Games menu,
- Select a map and click the Create with Mod button in the lower right corner,
- Choose to sort by Blizzard Mods from the dropdown list at the top of the screen.
- Select the “Balance Test Mod” Extension from the list and then hit Create Game.
We’d like to remind you that feedback based on playtesting is the most helpful information you can share with us at this time. We kindly ask that you spend some time playing games on the test map before offering your thoughts on the changes listed above.
As always, thank you for your continued feedback and support. We’d like to restate that none of the changes listed above are final. Once you feel you’ve had enough time to test thoroughly, we welcome you to share your feedback.