The following changes have since been removed from the Balance Test:
- Interceptor cost increased from 10 to 15.
- Widow Mine
- Primary target +shield bonus reduced from +35 to +20
As we've been discussing recently in the Community Feedback Updates, there are some changes we'd like to explore after seeing the results of recent balance on the ladder and in tournament events. As of today, these changes are now live on and ready to be experimented within the Testing section of Multiplayer. Check out the full changes below, and after you've had some time to test them, let us know what you think.
- Widow Mine
- Splash damage +shield bonus reduced from +40 to +25
- Movement speed changed from 4.1343 to 4.725.
- Acceleration speed changed from 3.675 to 4.2.
- Parasite Spore weapon damage point changed from .1193 to .0446.
- Health increased from 80 to 90.
- Liberators in defender mode should now always be revealed when attacking enemy units
- Several base locations on Cactus Valley LE have been slightly re-positioned according to feedback
- Textures in several areas of Cactus Valley LE have been improved
If you're interested in the StarCraft II Balance Team's reasoning behind these potential changes, you can check out the Community Feedback Updates as well as their most recent update announcing these specific changes.
We’d like to remind you that feedback based on playtesting is the most helpful information you can share with us at this time. We kindly ask that you spend some time playing games in the testing section before offering your thoughts on the changes listed above. We look forward to hearing your feedback and please remember that none of these changes are final.