The time has finally come for the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm beta test to come to a close. With our sincerest thanks to you, the thousands of testers who participated, the beta will be brought down for good tomorrow, March 1.
We really appreciate all of your replay testing, your social testing, the bug reports you submitted, and the feedback you gave us. We read every word of it, and got a lot of useful data, and are looking forward to rewarding everyone who accrued enough XP to level all three races to level five with exclusive rewards.
Speaking of the beta feedback forums, we’ll be locking them tomorrow. We suggest that you write your final post(s) there as soon as possible, if you have anything further to share.
We also suggest that you delete your locally installed beta client. Neither of the retail versions of Wings of Liberty or Heart of the Swarm will ever use the files that made up the beta. That’s 8 gigabytes of space on your hard drive that you’ll want to reclaim as soon as possible.
If you’re looking for StarCraft content to consume as we put the final touches on the new expansion, here are several things you might have missed:
- Our 12-part StarCraft lore Q&A starts here
- “StarCrafts” Season 1
- Team Evil Geniuses Pro Tip Collection #1
- Preview: The Heart of the Swarm Leveling System
- Preview: Clans and Groups
- Why We Featured That Arcade Game
- New Units Spotlight
- Community-Submitted Dances Coming in Heart of the Swarm
- Free Name Change & Paid Name Change Update
- New StarCraft Short Stories
We’ll see you on March 12!