Ready for the next entry in our ongoing StarCraft II short story series?
It was supposed to be an easy assignment: take a squad of recruits out to the ruins of Tarsonis, make camp at the abandoned Ghost Academy, and play war games for a few weeks to prep the recruits for combat. With Kerrigan out of the picture, the zerg are just mindless animals, hardly a threat to Dominion marines... right? As Meatbag Squadron is about to find out, even the supposedly most harmless zerg can be a terrifying enemy.
- In the Blood By MATT BURNS, 1/22/2013 The street urchin Vik confronts humanity’s dark underbelly every day, but when he crosses paths with stolen zerg larvae, he discovers what it truly means to be a monster.
- A War On By JAMES WAUGH, 2/12/2013 Haunted by his past, Virgil Caine is forced to make a choice: escape the front lines and live the rest of his days in peace, or avenge his fallen brothers and go to war against the nightmarish zerglings.
- The Teacher By MATTHEW MAXWELL, 2/20/2013 A Dominion scientist has cracked the secret of the Swarm's control over the Zerg... but when the Dominion military takes a firm hand over this dangerous new weapon, who will end up controlling who?
- Frenzy By KAL-EL BOGDANOVE, 2/28/2013 A small-town marshal risks all to save her family and her home from a ravening horde of winged killers.
- Cold Symmetry By CAMERON DAYTON, 3/7/2013 Stranded on Aiur's zerg-infested moon, a lone veteran zealot finds his courage, skill, and endurance put to the ultimate test.
- Icehouse By MICHAEL O'REILLY and ROBERT BROOKS, 3/14/2013 Become a reaper or die trying. Welcome to the Icehouse.