At first, notable holo director Ottmar Drenthe balks at the idea of creating an advertisement for arms manufacturer Axiom Ordnance’s latest product . . . but when he realizes the assignment’s unlikely opportunity to create art, he is more than willing to become part of the story he was hired to tell. After all, he is Drenthe.
Check out Command Performance now! And if you’ve missed any of the previous short stories, here you go:
- In the Blood By MATT BURNS, 1/22/2013 The street urchin Vik confronts humanity’s dark underbelly every day, but when he crosses paths with stolen zerg larvae, he discovers what it truly means to be a monster.
- A War On By JAMES WAUGH, 2/12/2013 Haunted by his past, Virgil Caine is forced to make a choice: escape the front lines and live the rest of his days in peace, or avenge his fallen brothers and go to war against the nightmarish zerglings.
- The Teacher By MATTHEW MAXWELL, 2/20/2013 A Dominion scientist has cracked the secret of the Swarm's control over the Zerg... but when the Dominion military takes a firm hand over this dangerous new weapon, who will end up controlling who?
- Frenzy By KAL-EL BOGDANOVE, 2/28/2013 A small-town marshal risks all to save her family and her home from a ravening horde of winged killers.
- Cold Symmetry By CAMERON DAYTON, 3/7/2013 Stranded on Aiur's zerg-infested moon, a lone veteran zealot finds his courage, skill, and endurance put to the ultimate test.
- Icehouse By MICHAEL O'REILLY and ROBERT BROOKS, 3/14/2013 Become a reaper or die trying. Welcome to the Icehouse.
- Just an Overlord By GAVIN JURGENS-FYHRIE, 3/21/2013 With Kerrigan out of the picture, the zerg are just mindless animals, hardly a threat to Dominion marines... right? As Meatbag Squadron is about to find out, even the supposedly most harmless zerg can be a terrifying enemy.