The next StarCraft short story is here! Travel to an exotic jungle planet, marvel at the beautiful scenery, then run like hell from the local wildlife threatening to tear you to shreds. Welcome to “Great One.”
Marine platoon Torch Seven drops onto the faraway planet Vygoire to find out what happened to a science outpost there. The planet is supposed to be zerg-free, and it is . . . mostly. But as it turns out, Torch Seven has enemies other than zerg.
Head over to the Story Section and check out “Great One” now.
And if you’ve missed any of the previous short stories, here you go:
- In the Blood By MATT BURNS, 1/22/2013 The street urchin Vik confronts humanity’s dark underbelly every day, but when he crosses paths with stolen zerg larvae, he discovers what it truly means to be a monster.
- A War On By JAMES WAUGH, 2/12/2013 Haunted by his past, Virgil Caine is forced to make a choice: escape the front lines and live the rest of his days in peace, or avenge his fallen brothers and go to war against the nightmarish zerglings.
- The Teacher By MATTHEW MAXWELL, 2/20/2013 A Dominion scientist has cracked the secret of the Swarm's control over the Zerg... but when the Dominion military takes a firm hand over this dangerous new weapon, who will end up controlling who?
- Frenzy By KAL-EL BOGDANOVE, 2/28/2013 The backwater moon of Choss has everything: clear skies, gentle winds, deep canyons. Tourists flock there every summer. But as Marshal Rin Shearon is about to find out, this peaceful little vacation spot isn’t just the perfect getaway; it’s also the perfect feeding ground.
- Cold Symmetry By CAMERON DAYTON, 3/7/2013 For more than a thousand years, zealots have been the sword and shield of the Protoss. Stranded on Aiur's zerg-infested moon, a lone veteran zealot finds his courage, skill, and endurance put to the ultimate test.
- Icehouse By MICHAEL O'REILLY and ROBERT BROOKS, 3/14/2013 What would happen if an innocent man were to be put through the grueling regimen that produces the Dominion’s Reapers? Can this man survive with his humanity intact, or will he become just another victim of the Icehouse?
- Just an Overlord By GAVIN JURGENS-FYHRIE, 3/21/2013 With Kerrigan out of the picture, the zerg are just mindless animals, hardly a threat to Dominion marines... right? As Meatbag Squadron is about to find out, even the supposedly most harmless zerg can be a terrifying enemy.
- Command Performance By ALEX IRVINE, 3/28/2013 At first, notable holo director Ottmar Drenthe balks at the idea of creating an advertisement for arms manufacturer Axiom Ordnance’s latest product . . . but when he realizes the assignment’s unlikely opportunity to create art, he is more than willing to become part of the story he was hired to tell. After all, he is Drenthe.
- The Education of PFC Shane By ROBERT BROOKS, 4/4/2013 As frontline troops who lead the way into battle, Dominion marines witness countless unsettling and terrifying sights. But the horrors of war pale compared to the ordeal Private First Class Geoff Shane is about to endure.