StarCraft® II

Balance Test Map Soon

Developer
Thank you for your feedback on all the proposed changes. Here’s a slightly altered list of things that we will be testing soon on the balance test map. Again, none of these are final so please don’t panic.

These are the ones we’d like to try for the reasons given earlier this week:

Terran Mech ground and air attack upgrades combined

Widow Mine splash radius decreased from 1.75 to 1.25

Siege Tank attack period decreased from 3 to 2.7

The Tunneling Claws upgrade also increases the burrowed roach movement speed from 1.41 to 2.25

We’d also like to try a different set of changes for the Oracle:
Oracle
- Speed increased from 3.375 to 4
- Acceleration increased from 2 to 3
- Revelation range increased from 9 to 10

The speed changes are something we’ve tried in the past and we believe this is a better direction than a straight cost reduction for the unit. The main reason is that we’d like the difference between someone who’s amazing with Oracle micro to be able to keep them alive the whole game to get the most out of them, whereas lesser skilled players won’t get as much out of this change. Not only that, this direction is a smaller buff to the all in case and/or early game use cases compared to the previously proposed 50 gas cost reduction.

Revelation right now is the main late game ability for Oracles, meaning if it’s a bit easier to use, we’d see a lot more Oracle usage in the late game as well.

The balance test map will be up for everyone to try soon, so please make sure to play with the changes as much as you can when it goes up. Thank you.
Edited by Spyrian on 10/3/2013 8:40 AM PDT
I like these oracle changes better (though I think it still might end up just making it better early game and no better mid-late game).

And I think the other changes are all steps in the right direction.
Good stuff!
roach burrow movement speed? this isn't enough to bring me back

WM splash decrease??! i'm back in the game
09/25/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Dayvie

1.50 gogo Infamous you can do it make it 1.50 so i can finally stop playing starcraft <3
09/25/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Dayvie
Revelation right now is the main late game ability for Oracles, meaning if it’s a bit easier to use, we’d see a lot more Oracle usage in the late game as well.

So oracles are no longer expected to be harassment late game?

How is protoss expected to build a harassment play-style?
No complaints here, good stuff!
Oracle
- Speed increased from 3.375 to 4
- Acceleration increased from 2 to 3
- Revelation range increased from 9 to 10

Hurray!

I notice the DT change has been removed. I'm happy to see that.

I'd like to see it reinstated, but through some sort of cost, either to the DT itself or an upgrade. This would make rushes less effective, while still giving incentive to use them later in the game.
These proposed changes are way better the the previous ones. I still think the tank needs a lot more than this buff to make it viable, but its a step in the right direction. Good Job Blizzard.
I think any WM nerf needs to come with a rebalance to Terran air spash in the form of Thor buff.
Why can't they just test the DTs AND HTs coming out of the same freaking building
Still disappointed that Nydus worms haven't been touched...
*sigh*

Oh well, I still am going to abuse the roach buff. =P
Overall, i like the direction this is headed!

Terran QQ works!
Gogogo cry more because i am very sure that you are still unsatisfied.
Terran easy mode race.
Thank god the DT change didn't go through. Glad to see mech is still given some changes.
Protoss players never win any tournaments, but the community goes crazy if Blizzard even considers buffing Protoss. This is a terrible thing for the game, our lack of whiny players on forums is really hurting our chances of being competitive.
Edited by Littlesheep on 9/25/2013 11:47 AM PDT
i have published a custom map named: "Whirlwind LE Balance 09.25 (dayvie suggested)" with these changes.

1.75 to 1.25 -> that means that area is cut by ~ 50 %.
Edited by ThetaOptimus on 9/25/2013 11:49 AM PDT
DT change would've made tournaments very funny and fun to watch. Glad to see WM radius go down.

+1 for Nydus change. It's way too costly and seldom used.
Thank you for listening these proposed changes are much better.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]