StarCraft® II

Call to Action: October 2 Balance Testing

Community Manager
We’ve just published a new Balance Test Map to the StarCraft II Custom Games list entitled "Bel’Shir Vestige LE (2.0.11 Balance v1.0)". This time we're kindly requesting your assistance in testing changes across all three races. Have a look at the changes below, then give them a whirl on the test map!

Protoss

Oracle
  • Movement speed increased from 3.375 to 4.0
  • Acceleration increased from 2 to 3
  • Revelation casting radius increased from 9 to 10

Terran

Armory
  • Vehicle and Ship Weapon upgrades have been combined into just one upgrade.

Siege Tank
  • Siege Mode attack period decreased from 3.0 to 2.7

Widow Mine
  • Sentinel Missiles splash radius decreased from 1.75 to 1.25

Zerg

Roach Warren
  • The Tunneling Claws upgrade now increases burrowed Roach movement speed from 1.41 to 2.25

If you’re interested in the reasoning behind these changes, you can check out this Forum Thread written just last week by David Kim and the StarCraft II Balance Team.

We'd like to remind you that the changes listed above are not final. Once you've played a few games on the test map, please feel free to let us know what you think of the changes by leaving a comment in this thread.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
will do ty :D
Reply Quote
Sweet!
Reply Quote
How bout transition time in and out of Siege mode decreased by 25%!?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I like how the changes look but could you take a look at my thread I think this will help make revelation more useful both in general and vs Zerg.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10102860843?page=1#1
Reply Quote

We'd like to remind you that the changes listed above are not final.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm ready for them to be final NOW. lol...j/k, take your time. I think the changes seem to be headed in the right direction.

10/02/2013 07:44 PMPosted by Nasreth
if this oracle change does not work I recommend looking into a possible energy upgrade to make it's attack more sustainable in the later stages of the game.

The Oracle change I do believe could be "better". I would like to see the Oracle not die as easily, do less damage vs light, but more damage vs buildings.

The option to harass add-ons, supply depots, pylons, tech structures OR workers would be nice and would add long term viability to the unit. You balance it by not allowing the Oracle to just straight up be devastating to worker lines like they are now...more of an all-around harass unit would be nice IMO.
Edited by Protostitute on 10/2/2013 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Again, I'm going to point out that the DT change was prematurely removed due to forum whining. It could have at least been tested. I hope the balance testers at Blizzard aren't being swayed sky-is-falling forum posters.

Hope the widow mine change helps TvZ.
Reply Quote
make tanks 2 supply already
Reply Quote
definitely something to get use to for sure. Kind of missing the Widow mine splash vs mutas for sure tried to get a thor or 2 didnt work as well as i wanted.
Reply Quote
hope you are monitoring the current winrates... as these changes will mess a lot of things up if left as is
Reply Quote
Off from work (finally) and tried out a TvP. Please note that I play at silver/gold level.

GAME ONE

The tank and WM changes are very noticeable. The WM nerf was just enough to make the Tank shine. The increased fire rate and the combined upgrades really do increase the power.

The upgrades made it easier to transition from Mech into Skyterran. If there is any issues in TvZ with a mech style tech switch, you can always increase the cost of the upgrades to compensate.

I haven't tested the Oracle or Roach changes, give me a few more games to test that.
Edited by Qendel on 10/2/2013 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WM change inevitable, I am SO excited for this roach change though, I just hope its enough to see more usage of it, its a cool ability. Nydus Worm Next please. Even just ask the community for ideas if u are having a hard time TY :D
Reply Quote
10/02/2013 08:21 PMPosted by GarmBrood
I am SO excited for this roach change though, I just hope its enough to see more usage of it, its a cool ability.

I just played two TvZ's. If those games are any indication, you have a lot to be excited about. The roach buff is BOSS.
Reply Quote
Good Man! I capped my net so I can't play for a couple days :(.
Reply Quote
So I just finished playing two TvZ's against someone about my level (gold/platinum), and a third against a masters player. Some feedback so far:

1. The roach buff is BOSS. I was caught completely unprepared. He would come up, attack, burrow and heal, rinse and repeat. I tried so hard to build turrets but he would snipe my SCVs and then burrow. I really underestimated how strong this was. By the time I got my bases well defended, he had already transitioned to ultralisks. I was able to do better the second game, but as a terran player, +1 from me on the roach buff. Do not underestimate this ability in TvZ: you will get embarrassed.

2. The widow mine splash radius decrease is noticeable. I was going up against mostly roaches in the first two games so I wasn't expecting much, but just looking at the graphic the radius looks a lot tighter, and it felt that way, too. In the third game the widow mine was hitting locusts and it really wasn't doing much splash.

3. Tanks feel better now. I don't know if it's strong enough to make a real difference in the higher level, but they just seem to handle better against roaches now, and were pretty good support to my MMM. I like it.

This is just three games, but these are what my first impressions are. I'll try some more and report back.
Edited by JorgeCis on 10/2/2013 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard I am very worried where you are taking this game
Reply Quote
Going to play when I'm done with my programming homework.
Reply Quote
10/02/2013 07:56 PMPosted by InfamousOne
hope you are monitoring the current winrates... as these changes will mess a lot of things up if left as is

Play the map first.
Reply Quote
10/02/2013 07:41 PMPosted by KobayshiMaru
How bout transition time in and out of Siege mode decreased by 25%!?

I think that is a great idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]