StarCraft® II

The Long Discussion Home.

Interesting.

...Interesting. Alright, accepted.
Reply Quote
What's so interesting? :P
Reply Quote
Character’s Name: Joseph Cronus

Characteristics: Joseph is a strong, outspoken man who stands about 6'11", has shocking blue eyes and a scar on his left cheek from an attack from a Zergling during the defense of the new Overmind. People like to call him muscle bound, which isn't far from the truth, but to call him a brute or stupid is a gross mistake. He weighs 250 pounds and most of it is toned muscle. He's got platinum blonde hair and is clean shaven, unable to grow facial hair like his father. Out of armor he wears a tan muscle shirt, digital green camo army pants and black, steel toed combat boots. He carries a bowie knife on him at all times, even out of armor. His armor is painted black with red flames on the shoulders and chest, and is the CMC-330 armor he picked up during his time as a mercenary (It's description is in the War Pigs PRP, but if it isn't allowed, I'll just use the 400) and the visor has a dragon's head (or would it be face?). Uses an augmented C-141 Gauss rifle he'd been working on to resemble his skill. Now it looks more like a sniper rifle, longer barrel, adjustable zoom scope, only burst and semi-auto firing functions, than the gauss rifle he was issued before leaving for Koprulu. Also uses a modified C-150 pistol, featuring an extended magazine and laser targeting system. Flies a Valkyrie with a lowered ammo count in order to allow for rapid deployment and the addition of gauss turrets to act as air to air weapons and an adjusted targeting system to allow for missile targeting air to air and a warp drive.

Role: Marine, Pilot

Attributes: Expert

Backstory (pre-interbellum): Joseph was born in an area that at one time was known as Boise, Idaho to a pair of loving parents, albeit middle class ones. Jim and Tammy Cronus gave Joseph anything and everything he wanted, as during his birth, the doctor discovered scar tissue that would keep his mother from having more kids. Growing up, he'd always had an obsession with the military, specifically the sniper infantry division. He spent days at the range after he turned ten, practicing to earn the degree of accuracy needed to get him into a sniper squad.

The day he turned eighteen, he enlisted and was sent to standard boot camp. During the weapons training, he excelled, but was overlooked for the Base Commander's nephew for the sniper squad. Embittered by this favoritism, he spent the rest of basic training his body and mind, practicing hand to hand combat with a Bowie knife his Drill Sergeant had given him so he'd have a second skill set to rely on rather than just his personal sniper regimen. He'd get a second chance, some day.

Backstory(post-interbellum): After the Fall of the UED, Joseph was lucky to get off of Char alive. Borrowing an abandoned Valkyrie, he fled Char and flew to the nearest hospitable planet, then Agria. When he arrived, the colonists took him in and helped bandage his wounds. Once he was recovered, he set to repairing his CMC-400, replacing all the damaged parts with spares brought to him by the colonists. Once it was done, he repainted it to remove any obvious trace he was once UED then he set out to find the first mercenary job he could. For years he spent his credits on upgrades to both armor and weapons, his pistol and rifle soon showed what his specialty was, long range support and assassination. His armor upgrade came after a botched job involving the unexpected arrival of the Zerg on the planet, who not only killed his target, but nearly killed him.

His armor beyond repair and barely usable, he started asking contacts if they knew any one who could get him a new suit. After months of asking, a contact in Dead Man's Port offered him a suit of the CMC-330 series, an offer he didn't pass up. Once he'd learned the pros and cons of the armor, he went back to work, even helping Raynor's Raiders on occasion. When word reached him of the gathering to go home, he didn't hesitate to head there. The Valkyrie, now fairly modified as well, had served him well and he couldn't stand to let it go, and so he flew it to the station.

OOC: I put too much thought into this guy for another one. If he dies, which he most likely will, I request permission for an epic death.
Edited by Zarkun on 10/19/2013 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, only one for now. If I can think of another before the ship leaves, I'll post them, but this is it for now.
Reply Quote
Accepted. Will be good to have some toughies with us.
Reply Quote
Kor is a marine. I think Thane has a Marine or two also. If you need/want I'll run a couple minor chars/NPC's
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Jester
OCC: SF has the other Engineer, and Naitsrich has one. No idea when SF will be posting, so should Mike just talk with Naitsrich's character or shall we just advance to them heading to a shuttle?
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 10:04 AMPosted by TheLostMorph
think Thane has a Marine or two also.

Natasha is a marine annnddd... Kevin, no, Sasha, no, Sarah, no, James, no... That's all.
Reply Quote
In my defense, technically he's a sniper now. He'll probably need a new C-141 or 14. Your pick.
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 10:04 AMPosted by TheLostMorph
Kor is a marine. I think Thane has a Marine or two also.

10/19/2013 11:58 AMPosted by ThaneKrios
Natasha is a marine

Pah... you expect me to remember the occupations of all these little minor character peasants?

In all seriousness, while I'm not having much trouble memorizing the names/jobs of the major chars, I tend to be the type of person who refers heavily to character sheets. If I screw something up in the RP, point it out so that I can fix it... or just blame Ian.
Reply Quote
KO, need you to answer the question I put in quotes above Thane's post.
Reply Quote
Quick question, has the ship arrived yet?

I have a post planned out, but I have to wait until I can get in the bridge itself.
Reply Quote
Do we have a head engineer? I have a character that could fill that hole. I have a well-written character I'd like to flesh out a little. If it's too late or whatever, I understand.
Reply Quote
Yes, we do have a chief engineer. My character, Mike, is said engineer.
Reply Quote
Bummer. Maybe I'll just make an engineer anyways? :P
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Jester
OCC: SF has the other Engineer, and Naitsrich has one. No idea when SF will be posting, so should Mike just talk with Naitsrich's character or shall we just advance to them heading to a shuttle?

Hm... Sorry I didn't answer this.

SF is back now, so hopefully he can take care of that now. Sorry again.

10/19/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Naitsrich
Quick question, has the ship arrived yet?

It will be arriving shortly.

Spoilers! Le Gasp!
Reply Quote
Does LVH still have room for another participant, or would that make things a bit too much?
Reply Quote
heres what I've got for Kor's goliath. if you need me to change stuff I will. If you want a how she got it ... tomorrow maybe ... also just a question ... could she have recovered a diamondback? I can give a decent explanation how/why later ... feeling worse than CR when he gets into one of his 'moods' while I'm typing this.

Goliath(naming later): about 10% larger than the standard Goliath. More powerful legs hold up the increased armor and weapons. Upgraded weapon load out. Equipped with multi-lock weapons system, charon boosters and Ares Class Weapons System(campaign upgrade for range)
Edited by TheLostMorph on 10/22/2013 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just bought that actually XD It's the Phobos weapons system if memory serves.
Reply Quote
i do believe that is Viking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]