StarCraft® II

The ULTIMATE SC2 Optimization & FPS Guide 2.0

About that "Leatrix Latency Fix"... reading the documentation (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html) we see that it tweaks the way TCP works, but IIRC StarCraft 2 works on UDP. So... it should do nothing.

Am I wrong with this one? I have some latency issues sometimes and I'd like to avoid installing stuff blindly.

EDIT: Also, on the frameratecap/frameratecapGlue topic... those lines are used to set the maximum framerate you want to hit. The first one kicks ingame and the second one is for the menu screen IIRC.

Cheers.-
Edited by PatchTossko on 2/4/2014 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
02/04/2014 02:33 PMPosted by PatchTossko
About that "Leatrix Latency Fix"... reading the documentation (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html) we see that it tweaks the way TCP works, but IIRC StarCraft 2 works on UDP. So... it should do nothing.

Am I wrong with this one? I have some latency issues sometimes and I'd like to avoid installing stuff blindly.

EDIT: Also, on the frameratecap/frameratecapGlue topic... those lines are used to set the maximum framerate you want to hit. The first one kicks ingame and the second one is for the menu screen IIRC.

Cheers.-

You'd think so. But for some reason it helps with network spikes, so I still recommend it. I don't know exactly why it does that though.
Edited by Duke on 2/7/2014 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Duke
I hope you found it helpful, any questions or issues you have concerning this thread can be posted here. Hope it helped you!
Reply Quote
How does the Razer Game Booster interact with the Blizzard Launcher? If I launch SC2 from the Razer launcher, it just brings up the blizzard launcher and I have to launch it from there. Do you know if I'll still get the boost?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
02/10/2014 08:12 PMPosted by MikeySCE
How does the Razer Game Booster interact with the Blizzard Launcher? If I launch SC2 from the Razer launcher, it just brings up the blizzard launcher and I have to launch it from there. Do you know if I'll still get the boost?

Yup. I've tested this.
Reply Quote
fixed most of my issues can play 4v4 again without freezing
Reply Quote
Great Great post Duke, with some difficulties, now, i am able to play 1on1 macro games over 20th minute :O and this wasn't even far possibly for me since i approaded on this thread. i wanna ask you two things, you would probably become my hero if you will help me with that :OOO
the first thing i want to ask u, is a full variables.txt settings for my very very weak computer (for hots)
my computer characteristics:
p4 dual core 3000 overcloacked to 3300
nvidia geforce gt 440 zotac 256mb+128
ram dimm 300 mhz 3 gb (1 bank of 1 , 1 bank of 2 , they are also different)
hdd maxtorr 160 gb
and another 60 gb older hdd i use for windows and some other small stuffs

what im really searching for since hots beta, is a complete variables.txt edit which works properly for my computer helping me to get more fps and fluid game i give 000000 f***s about sc2 graphic looking, i just wanna play macro game!!!!!! i even cannot expand ram with this motherboard, cause it is pretty old....

and as second thing, excuse me if im asking much but i see you're a nice and professional guy
im not really sure at how i should specifically set my nvidia control panel for my GeforceZOtacGT440 boosting ALL and ONLY for starcraft 2 fps increasing and performance.
i would be glad if u would answer me. cheers p.s. im [eX] mYi.UnknownUser of hots beta
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
03/02/2014 07:40 AMPosted by llllllllllll
Great Great post Duke, with some difficulties, now, i am able to play 1on1 macro games over 20th minute :O and this wasn't even far possibly for me since i approaded on this thread. i wanna ask you two things, you would probably become my hero if you will help me with that :OOO
the first thing i want to ask u, is a full variables.txt settings for my very very weak computer (for hots)
my computer characteristics:
p4 dual core 3000 overcloacked to 3300
nvidia geforce gt 440 zotac 256mb+128
ram dimm 300 mhz 3 gb (1 bank of 1 , 1 bank of 2 , they are also different)
hdd maxtorr 160 gb
and another 60 gb older hdd i use for windows and some other small stuffs

what im really searching for since hots beta, is a complete variables.txt edit which works properly for my computer helping me to get more fps and fluid game i give 000000 f***s about sc2 graphic looking, i just wanna play macro game!!!!!! i even cannot expand ram with this motherboard, cause it is pretty old....

and as second thing, excuse me if im asking much but i see you're a nice and professional guy
im not really sure at how i should specifically set my nvidia control panel for my GeforceZOtacGT440 boosting ALL and ONLY for starcraft 2 fps increasing and performance.
i would be glad if u would answer me. cheers p.s. im [eX] mYi.UnknownUser of hots beta

Yo. Sorry for the late response.

To your first request...
I guess I could, though that'd take time and testing. Things can get complicated if you mess around with the variable.txt to much.

To your second request...
can you take a screenshot of your Nvidia control panel for me so I know for sure you're in the same one I'm using?

Also, you may want to look into getting a new computer.
Reply Quote
oh well if it would take long so i don't wanna employ you too much... maybe can you only help me to set just the most important parameters? always if you have time.
the screenshot i taken from my nvidia control panel is this :
http://rapidshare.com/share/200764CF8590A76FDE9A17678D8C853D
yes i know i may buy a new pc but actually i cannot , else i wouldn't check around every possible tweak for my actual computer :(:(
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
In your nvidia control panel, go to the "manage 3D settings" section found on the left, then either select or add sc2.exe to the list.

Find "texture filtering - quality" and set it to high performance.
Find "power management mode" and set it to prefer maximum performance.
Find "maximum pre-rendered frames" and set that to 2.
Reply Quote
thank you very much! i am always so unsure of what i should do to tweak the graphic card for sc2, ill let u know soon how those new changes improved my gaming possibilities
thanks for your time, very much
Reply Quote
In improving visuals, I discovered that the TerrainTextureSize=4096 setting causes a terrible FPS drop on the Monlyth mission in WoL D:
With all the remaining settings I keep with constant 60FPS

Also, one question, is it GraphicsOptionOverallQualityVer7[15] = 4 or GraphicsOptionOverallQualityVer7 [5] = 4? In the variables it is the [15] one

thx for the guide, anyways <33
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
In improving visuals, I discovered that the TerrainTextureSize=4096 setting causes a terrible FPS drop on the Monlyth mission in WoL D:
With all the remaining settings I keep with constant 60FPS

Also, one question, is it GraphicsOptionOverallQualityVer7[15] = 4 or GraphicsOptionOverallQualityVer7 [5] = 4? In the variables it is the [15] one

thx for the guide, anyways <33

The [5] one. You can try the [15] one too and see if it does anything.
You're very welcome :D
Reply Quote
Good guide!
Reply Quote
Improving Performance
Large address aware
This will allow Starcraft to use up to twice as much RAM, this can very effective in improving low end FPS if you use a 32 bit operating system. The difference is much smaller on a 64 bit system. This can fix a wide range of memory issues. Remember that to use this effectively, you should have 4GB of RAM or more. Effects may vary. Download it here.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34392&d=1269231650
That links directly to the file, so it will download automatically. Unzip and open up the executable. Once you've opened it up, follow the steps.
Step 1, select the SC2 executable (.exe).
Step 2, check the check box
Step 3, Save.
Done!

Unparking your cores
Create a restore point before this just in case! ONLY for those with multi core CPUs. This should be fairly safe for most people. Keep in mind that this can effect temperatures a bit, but more so for laptop users.

This is a tweak that will essentially keep all your cores 100% ready for work at all times. It is a registry tweak, but this download will make it simple for you.
http://www.coderbag.com/Uploads/Unpark-CPU-App.zip
That link goes directly to the file, so it will download as soon as you enter it in. Unzip it and open the program up. Below is a quick how to video I found. You must restart your PC before it can take effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyo6H3W-vu8

NOTE: Unparking cores has been show to cause crashes in some rare cases, this mainly occurs among laptop users. Luckily, any issues caused by unparking can be reverted.

Setting up graphics properly

Heya Duke, I used UnPARK and Address Aware,

Since I have experienced Multipule crashes, Of the game, And other software (chrome, explorer.exe)
I'm on a lenovo IdeaPad (notebook)
With an i5 and 6gb ram / nVida 635 1gb / intel HD 4000

I made a restore point before hand as you said, I reverted back to that point, But still continue to have these issues, any suggestions?
Edited by FlutterShy on 6/18/2014 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
06/18/2014 07:46 AMPosted by FlutterShy

Since I have experienced Multipule crashes, Of the game, And other software (chrome, explorer.exe)

I made a restore point before hand as you said, I reverted back to that point, But still continue to have these issues, any suggestions?

You can try running the core unparker again but instead of unparking the core, park them.
You can also go into your BIOS and reset to default settings, then turning it off and take out the battery and leave it off for 5 minutes. This may fix the issue. But I don't think that fix is the one for your particular case.

What version of windows are you running?
Edited by Duke on 6/18/2014 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 08:30 PMPosted by Duke
06/18/2014 07:46 AMPosted by FlutterShy

You can try running the core unparker again but instead of unparking the core, park them.
You can also go into your BIOS and reset to default settings, then turning it off and take out the battery and leave it off for 5 minutes. This may fix the issue. But I don't think that fix is the one for your particular case.

What version of windows are you running?

WIN 8.1 / Laptop Came with 8. But I had to update to WIN8.1 inorder to recieve more updates.

Also, Getting into bios is going to be a problem. I had a thread like this on lenovos support site, but noone there could help me either. (getting into bios)

I Cant access bio's. the computer wont let me. Unless theres more ways of doing it.
Edited by FlutterShy on 6/21/2014 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
If you still have this issue, you can simply reinstall just the wintows 8.1 update, you can contact Microsoft about this, its not to hard and it may fix it. I've done it before.
Reply Quote
I'm having trouble about how to create a Starcraft 2 REAL shortcut.

SC2.exe opens up battle.net launcher. Battle.net shorcuts open battle.net launcher.

Will LAA and Gamebooster work at all if the only thing the shorcut does is up Battle.net Launcher so I can open the game?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
08/04/2014 08:10 PMPosted by SamGamgi
I'm having trouble about how to create a Starcraft 2 REAL shortcut.

SC2.exe opens up battle.net launcher. Battle.net shorcuts open battle.net launcher.

Will LAA and Gamebooster work at all if the only thing the shorcut does is up Battle.net Launcher so I can open the game?

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support and run sc2switcher.exe If I remember it should start up directly but it won't check for updates or anything so it's not recommended to do that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]