StarCraft® II

Epilogue RP Thread VIII

IC:
[Amanda]
There's an awkward silence over the link;
"Tha.. that's not true... You've done more than you know."
I reply. Uncurling, I stretch and reach out for the wall to push off of and back to the corridor. My hand finds empty air. Looking around I release that I'd somehow managed to get myself floating just out of reach of anything;
"Aaaannd I could use a little help right now."

[Stefan]
I chuckle and shake my head;
"That's cutting it rather close."
Edited by Warhawk on 10/30/2013 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[John Jr]
"I know it is but doing it that way there is less chance of detection of the ship arriving. Incoming warp jumps are far to easy to trace."

[Leah]
One moment..
I revert my hand back to normal before blinking to where Amanda was.
"Got yourself stuck here huh?" I say as I use my telekinesis to push myself to her.
Edited by LeKroger on 10/30/2013 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
IC:
[Amanda]
I nod wryly, a little embarrassed;
"Yeah.. somehow."
Reply Quote
[Leah]
"It happens..." I grab Amanda and move us to the door of the low gravity room.
"There... Now I guess I can go back to practicing.... I've been getting part of John's briefing through the link... I don't think Victoria is going to like what he has planned."
Reply Quote
IC:
[Amanda]
"Oh? What's your brother going to do now?..."
I ask, a little worried.
Edited by Warhawk on 10/31/2013 12:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[Leah]
"Seems that he is planning on taking a Splitter ship into the large cluster of their ships over Korhal IV and setting off a large nuke. Not his best plan in my opinion."
Reply Quote
IC:
[Amanda]
"That... that can't be the entire plan... right?"
I ask, now more than a little worried.
Reply Quote
[Leah]
"No it isn't... After the bomb goes off all the ships that we and our allies have are going to warp/fly into the fray while the Splitters are disorganized by the bomb."
Edited by LeKroger on 10/31/2013 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
IC:
[Amanda]
"Well, that's not so bad... How is he planing on getting out of there in time?"
Reply Quote
[Leah]
"A well timed blink just before the bomb goes off." I start to walk down the hall now.
Reply Quote
IC:
[Amanda]
I whistle and shake my head;
"That's cutting it awfully close. I take it Vic isn't too happy about it?"

[Stefan]
"A bold, risky, one shot plan... I like."
Edited by Warhawk on 11/2/2013 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[Leah]
"I don't think she knows yet. I am sure she won't be once she does however..."

[Ivan]
I look over the plan again on my own holo-pad..
"John.... you know you are pretty much almost guarantied your own death."

[John Jr]
I don't reply to Ivan but just keep looking forward at the people gathered.

[Ivan]
I mutter a curse before putting the holo-pad down.
"Damn it John... There is another way isn't there?"
Again he doesn't respond. I growl before Shadow Stepping out of the war room and onto my ship starting to try to think of an alternate plan so he doesn't have to risk his life like this. Not like dad did...
Reply Quote
IC:
[Stefan]
I think hard for a moment;
"Would you be able to set up a force field around the bomb that would drop at the last second before it's explosion? That aught to give you enough time to warp out of there safely."
Reply Quote
[John Jr]
"Possible but again it falls under timing issues. Wait.... Delta run a scenario with Ivan's Detonator Egg?"

[Delta]
"Running new scenario adding in the detonator egg factor...."
Reply Quote
[Corso]

"Sorry, John, but I can't let you go through with a crazy plan that puts you where your dad was. Do you really want to put your siblings through that kind of pain again? Just for 'mission success'?" My eyes were cold and unforgiving, the thought of John hurting his family like that impossible to allow.

[Apollo]

"I'm with Corso, John. There's a better way you don't want to share with anyone because you don't want to let them stop you." I stood up after having Sam stand up so I could, a hand coming to rest on the Slayer Blade mostly out of habit in high tension situations. "What's the other way?"
Reply Quote
[John Jr]
"The other way that Ivan mention had a much much lower chance for success. Same start by blinking the ship in but I would blink out well before the bomb went off." I say ending with a sigh.
"I did however forget about Ivan's detonator eggs. There is the problem with those having a short fuse however. It might...."

[Delta]
"Probability of success stands the same though casualty rate drops more. More specifically is master Ivan makes a rather large detonator egg."

[John Jr]
I glance over towards Delta nodding. "...Do that."
Reply Quote
IC:
[Stefan]
I shake my head;
"War is war. People are going to die. All we can do is minimize our losses. Without that surprise attack, the body count is going to be far worse... Better to lose one man than ten-thousand more... However, I've got another idea. Hook the nuke up to the ship's warp engines. When the ship goes into warp, the nuke arms, when the ship drops back into N-space, it explodes. You should be able to get the ship there with auto-pilot, so nobody has to be on board..."
Reply Quote
[Corso]

I round and Stefan and pin him in place with the look on my face. "You don't f*cking get it, do you? Of course you don't, you're a Dominion left over who lives as a merc. These three, all they have left is each other! Their mother and father are dead and if John goes through with this, detonator eggs be damned, he'll end up just like his father! And don't think he'll go through with using the warp drive. I know him better than anyone but his siblings." I shake my head and head to the door, stopping to look at John. "You've always been afraid to think out plans yourself. Numbers can be changed by random variables, which, no matter how good your @ss hole of an AI is, can get all of in an equation. In all reality, there are too many." Leaving, I head for the mech hangar, deciding to run maintenance on Draconum.

[Apollo]

Watching Corso leave, I look back at Stefan. "He's right, Uncle Stef. That was cold, even for you."
Reply Quote
IC:
[Stefan]
I snort;
"No, it's called looking at the big picture. If we don't hit the Splitters with that nuke before our actual attack, our losses are going to be astronomically higher. Everyone's lost someone to the Splitters, the only difference between them and Flint's kids is their societal position. If we were to not send the nuke as our surprise attack because we weren't willing to lose one person to save the lives of countless others, what kind of people would that make us?"
Reply Quote
[Apollo]

"I'm not saying to not use the nuke, I'm just saying that if there's some other way, one that doesn't add to the body count AT ALL, then why are we ignoring it?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]