Epilogue RP Thread VIII

[Lorian Fleet]

{Let him know the cavalry has arrived and I'd like to speak with him when he has a free moment.} The Lorian fleet was already taking up a defensive formation around the station, with Endgame in a holding pattern on one side, it's starboard cannons facing outward.

[Corso]

Excusing myself from the bridge, I head for the hangar and Draconum. It had been a long time since I'd seen my sister.
Reply Quote
[John Jr]
I over heard the comm traffic and answer before the XO could.
{John Flint Jr here, long time no see Gretta. What did you need?}
Reply Quote
[Lorian Fleet]

A laugh echoes through the line before she speaks. {Well, thought we could catch up some, but that'll have to wait. We've brought everything, fighters, capitol ships, cruisers, even Endgame. We're committing everything to this last assault.}
Reply Quote
[John Jr]
{It will have to wait yes. As for the full commitment we are in that boat as well. I'm sure you heard what happened.}
Reply Quote
[Lorian Fleet]

Gretta frowns as she thinks back on the reports, then shake's her head. {I heard. Still have a hard time believing it though.}
Reply Quote
[John Jr]
{Believe it. The only thing that seemed less possible was my father dieing and that happened as well.}
Reply Quote
[Lorian Fleet]

{Fair enough. I'll let you go to finish organizing your own fleet. I'll get mine ready for the assault. I'll assume there's a war council once everyone's here?}
Reply Quote
[John Jr]
{My fleet is about as organized as it will get. Just running repairs with what I have. I do plan on trying to gather what commanders arrive to discuss our strategy.}
Reply Quote
[Lorian Fleet]

{I'll send some of our engineers to help with repairs on your ships. Let me know when the war council convenes.} The line falls silent as it's closed.
Reply Quote
[Victoria]
I curl up against John sort of half listening to his conversation with the Lorian. Mostly all I wanted to do right now was be with John. I already knew what was coming and I dreaded it. "I hope we make it through this ... together."
Reply Quote
[DM]
The XO aboard Illador answers the call from the Loki class Cruiser.
"Greetings is there something we can help you with?"

IC:
{Yeah, this Sam Tailor. Stefan told me to report to Poltergeist for orders. You people just got yourselves a merc fleet. Tell us what needs done, and we'll do our best.}
A lazily confident, almost bored sounding female voice replies.

OOC:
Amanda, Apollo, Leah, where are they?
Edited by Warhawk on 10/18/2013 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I figured they could all arrive here soon with Apollo's and Terance's contacts.
Reply Quote
That is fine with me on when those three arrived.

[DM]
{Right have your cruisers group around the larger ships while having on set of weapons batteries online so no one gets hit in crossfire should the Splitters try anything while we are here. Have your smaller and more maneuverable ships set up in the outer perimeter as well as having them ready for running skirmishes. Anything else?}

[John Jr]
I take off my comm piece and set it on a nearby end table.
"We will Victoria. I know we will..."

[Ivan]
I set coordinates for where John was gathering people at hoping to make it there soon. I was a little frustrated that my warp drives were down for the moment since they almost over heated from the last jump. I exit the cockpit and approach the people in the hold area.
"I am taking you to a Poltergeist station where several refugees are being gathered. From there you can go about your own ways or you can stay and help it is your choice."
Edited by LeKroger on 10/18/2013 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
IC:
{Hmm... Well, there's the minelayers... if you know where they'll be coming from, we could lay one hell of an ambush... and then there's that Protoss ship... The Void Shadow... when they charge up that main gun of theirs, it'll cut one hell of a hole through damn near anything; capital ships, small moons, you name it. It take some time to charge so they'll need protection while they're at it, but the quantity of destruction you'll get is completely worth it. The missile boats are best in the back with some fighter support. Their missiles are long range and hit hard. With all their firing tubes and even greater magazine space, they'll just sit back and relentlessly pound away. Not fun to be on the receiving end of.}
Reply Quote
Then let their forces bleed against the Splitters. I have several Leviathans growing currently, and I will need a place to field-test the new breed, preferably somewhere..... isolated. The Cerebrate sends, beginning his own experiment. This was the first time it had spun essence at all, and it expected mistakes.

Scylla: We will find a suitable test bed for your experiment Cerebrate but you may have to be patient. Upon hearing the comm traffic she laughed coldly This is working out even better than I expected! The Terrans are preparing one final assault, time, is on our side Cerebrate.

Ivan: The man snorts and pulls out a device and begins managing his credits that were stored in off world banks, an intent look on his face as he began planning.
Edited by FegelKitteh on 10/19/2013 9:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[Ivan]
I glare at the man for a minute thinking that I should just left him back on that planet.
I step towards the work bench that was gathering some dust and open the wall safe that was hidden above it. Inside were several artifacts and items that varied from Terran tech to Protoss then to Xel-Naga. I grab all of them and start to assemble what looked like a large rifle from the various items. Once it was done I check it's power cells before slinging it onto my back.
"We should be arriving there in a few hours. If you need anything between now and then Delta or I will help you the best we can."

[XO]
{Not sure where they would be coming from. For all we know they would be planing to warp in on top of us. Again larger ships with heavier weapons should be in the core while the smaller or faster ships should be on the outer ring ready for skirmishes. Feel free to have the mine layers set up a perimeter in case the choose to not warp in on top of us.}
Edited by LeKroger on 10/19/2013 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
IC:
[Sam']
{You hear the man, get those minelayers to work! And make sure to have them use manual detonation, there's too many different ships out here to be using IIF!}
Can be heard in the background as She relays the orders;
{One other nasty trick with the Void Shadow is to have them hide off behind some asteroid way off in hell and gone. So when the Spiltters show up, they can power up their main gun unnoticed. It's a scary as hell trick, one that nearly cost me my ship once.}
Sam says with a chuckle.
Edited by Warhawk on 10/19/2013 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[Victoria]
"We better ... and I'm staying here by your side so don't even think about telling me to leave." I say poking John to emphasize my point as I swing my legs over the arm of the couch and lay on my back with my head resting on his lap.
Reply Quote
[John Jr]
"Why am I not surprised you'd say that."
I start running my hands through her hair as she lay here head on my lap.

[XO]
{Those details will be discussed in our war council.}
Reply Quote
One woman says, "May I have some water please?" she says hoarsely and the others agree and they ask for some water though Tony than said "Can I have some wine, please?" He says, clearly forcing out the 'please'.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]