I'm trying myself on a melee map, using this tutorial as reference.
And also some of the Blizzard WoL melee maps (because I cannot find a Heart of the Swarm melee map pack, anyone got a link?).
I got some questions / could need some tips:
1) Do you need to follow certain guidelines to make the map available at all or is this just make the map better and have more people play it?
2) 8 normal and 7 rich mineral fields is the minimum, but is there a maximum?
Now I don't want to put 20 mineral fields in one place but what about 9 rich ones for example?
Likewise, is there any problem with 3 Vespene geysers? And do gold expos normally come with rich Vespene geysers or normal ones?
3) Where to place Xal'naga Watchtowers? And how many? Normally there seem to be 2 around the middle, giving some view of the main paths a big army would take across the map, any other good locations?
4) On a 1v1 map, how many expos are necessary? I started a map and am not sure if I got enough of them, so far 3 (including natural) +1 gold on either side, for a total of 8.
5) Is absolute horizontal symmetry that important? How about minor differences?
How about horizontal AND vertical symmetry?
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.