StarCraft® II

Mar Sara Wastes -=- 7v7 Melee Map -=-

Mara Sara wastes is an epic 7v7 max melee map. Featuring gameplay styles of 7v7, 4v4v4v4 (Not working ATM) 4v4, 3v3, etc. This is in fact, my very first complete map ever, so if you see something wrong, I have an excuse. Anyways, I found a challenge presented by Chiseen. He wanted somebody to make him a map for 14 players using his template. I accepted to make it because I was honestly bored at the time and it seemed like a great idea. What came out of that was Mar Sara Wastes, an epic melee map. There are 4 bases, in 7v7, one base per team will, unfortunately, be missing one player. That I cannot fix, as though the editor can only support 15 players maximum. So, as you all know, 15 cannot be split evenly. I also realize that it may be nearly impossible to have a full 14 player game running unless planned. That, cannot be fixed, especially with the popularity system in place.

This map features:

16 spawn points
    16 naturals (1 per player)
    4 In-base gold expansion
    4 Gold Expansions
    8 Island Expansions
    4 Center Expansions
    8 Xel'Naga watch towers

I also found these videos, thanks ForceSC2strategy!

FFA:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pmgv5pnXfI
5v5:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBY6BM7X8N0

*Please note, I do not fully understand the editor, so I really have no idea how to make multiple, non FFA teams. If you know how to do this, please say how.

**This map is created by Unneta, layout was created by Chiseen. (See Below)

***Chiseen's concept:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/whothatchineze/16playertemplatev11.jpg

To search for the map, simply search "Mar Sara Wastes" and it should pop up. The real one without any added junk or clones are under my name (Unneta)
Edited by Unneta on 6/20/2012 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
looks great.

Only change i'd make is the crosslike rock formation at the center. It's too straight and artificial. Try to make it a bit more natural looking, like wavy and some rocks on that cliff to give it a more...rocky effect.

Really fun looking.

Is it playable online yet?
Reply Quote
looks great.

Only change i'd make is the crosslike rock formation at the center. It's too straight and artificial. Try to make it a bit more natural looking, like wavy and some rocks on that cliff to give it a more...rocky effect.

Really fun looking.

Is it playable online yet?

It is playable.

To join it, set the filters in "Join game" to melee, and the second one to other. There's two for some reason, choose the one that says Melee, not Meele.

You can also search it in the "Create Game" button.

Have fun.
Reply Quote
Map has been updated!

V1.1

New features include:

Fixed some mixed up cliffs.
Improved center rock formation.
Added more doodads
Added Critters
Deleted some particle effects for better performance.
Reply Quote
Buuuuuuump
Reply Quote
I dislike doing this but...

bump
Reply Quote
Do you have a screenshot of the actual map? I don't think my computer would be able to handle a 7v7.
Reply Quote
It is on the sc2mapster page.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/mar-sara-wastes-7v7-melee-map/

It has been changed slightly, ie. the center "hub".

Do you have a screenshot of the actual map? I don't think my computer would be able to handle a 7v7.

I'm sure it could work for you, Chiseen (he made the concept and helped me test it) ran it on a 1st generation Mac Book. It was lagging some, but only when there happens to be some action, and let me tell you. There is a lot of action.
Edited by Unneta on 11/19/2010 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I dislike bumping
Reply Quote
cool map i just played it with my friend
Reply Quote
Map has been updated!

V1.2

New features include:

More decals
Terran Tarmacs in some spots
Improved terrain around the bases
more doodads
Gold center hub slightly changed.
Made several mineral patches easier to defend

cool map i just played it with my friend

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Epic bump

The map is now bobbing from the front page to the 5th. If you catch it up top, I recommend trying it! I doubt you'll get another chance.
Reply Quote
Awesome map!
But you should more add more doodads.
They make the game look much better.
Reply Quote
Thanks!

01/13/2011 7:54 PMPosted by Plznote
But you should more add more doodads.
They make the game look much better.

Thanks, but I already have over 1,300 individually placed doodads, but, I'll see what I can do.
Reply Quote
Minor Update!

Update includes:

Over 300 more doodads
Improved some slight mineral and geyser movements
Top Right Base is now 100% unique in terms of theming
Reply Quote
i have to hand it to ya this map really is epic. i tested it out with 7 very easy a.i. and it took almost an hour to get them all just because of the space on the map. i didnt get to check out the top right cornor but i will next time. it is a very well made map and i enjoyed it very much. if you know of any more maps like it please post them an i will check them out as well.
Reply Quote
Epic 6 month bump!

I have updated the map to include more doodads and general fixes.

V2.0

More doodads
    Fixed spawn points
    Particle effects corrected
    Added some more variety
    Cleaned some unnecessary crap

I also found these videos, thanks ForceSC2Strategy!

FFA:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pmgv5pnXfI
5v5:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBY6BM7X8N0

To search for the map, simply search "Mar Sara Wastes" and it should pop up. The real one without any added junk or clones are under my name (Unneta)

Enjoy!
Edited by Unneta on 6/20/2012 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]