StarCraft® II

I want to change the language of my game

I want to change the language of my game because the translation sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Imjackscolon,

Starcraft 2 has different regional versions, each with their own language. There are no options to change the language of the game, but you can install the client for a specific language.

I see you're in the US region so you can uninstall your current game client and then install the English version if you wish. To do that, set the regional setting of the website to "English US" in the bottom right corner of this webpage. Then click on the account option at the top of the page and log in. Once you select Starcraft 2, you should see an option for the English download.

Reply Quote
JonD, But what if you bought Starcraft 2 in Latin America? I live in a Latin country and I bought this game here..I have the game in spanish and I want the game in english.. what can I do about that?
Reply Quote
I have the US English Version, however I want to change it to Korean language, is that possible? I live in Canada
Reply Quote
Any answer to this?
Reply Quote
how is this possible, somehow my language has changed to Chinese, I don't know how this is possible, is this some sort of glitch?
Reply Quote
Okay, im typing in Korean suddenly. I need to switch back, someone help.
Reply Quote
For everyone who is accidentally typing Korean, restart and it should type in English.
Reply Quote
I live in the US region but want a language change to german. is it possible to do this without changing regions???
Reply Quote
is there a way to change it to korean on the US server?
Reply Quote
Now you can download the game in any language .... but YOU WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED to play the game... go figure!
Reply Quote
05/22/2011 11:52 PMPosted by CipheR
I live in the US region but want a language change to german. is it possible to do this without changing regions???

+1
Edited by Meshtatsuo on 10/18/2011 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
apparently you cant change your language... or maybe there is a langueage pack or something
Reply Quote
You can change the language by modifying the game files, you just download the language pack and replace it. but it's against the ToS to modify files, so you make sure having the game in a language you don't speak is worth it.
Reply Quote
wtf blizzard?
Reply Quote
i have same question you got an answer?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
ZeqeMayka, you can change these variables, and see if that helps.
I Live in Latin America and cannot tolerate neither Spanish nor Portuguese for starcraft... i just sounds wrong listening to it. I do not even understand why the language settings are so restricted to areas... what is the problem if i want my whole game to be in English ?

so... Is there anyway to change language to English without hurting the ToS or changing Areas ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]