Changes are better, but still why decrease the splash damage?
Every race has 100% splash damage, why only apply it to the widow mine?
Come on guys..
- Fungal growth kills super easily bio, especially when chained one after another.
- Baneling, wow, with that super radius and same damage, what can I tell (though yes, their radius is lower)
- Colossus, melts marines or probes or lings with the same damage
- High Templars totally destroy light units with storm, and same area damage...
- Ultralisks well.. do I have to mention their damage?
- Thors same vs. clumped air units but with the "magic box" gets countered now so easily
I think only the Planetary Fortress has the same deal... but it is such an immobile structure (not unit)
that i think it is probably fair it remains the same.
And only the Mutalisk has a bounce decreased AOE damage...
Toss takes sneaks a quick oracle (ony one!) and can decimate 10+ workers in a matter of seconds!!
To sneak a mine into a mineral mine, micro it, save it, pick it up, etc., is so hard already and now, one of the small chances to make good damage to an opponent, is being potentially nerfed? by reducing the area damage related to the radius?
So now, if we sneak one mine, Terrans won't be able to actually kill workers?? What it this?? Are you serious?
We will leave lots of injured workers then while a single baneling or oracle can decimate tons of workers, plus oracles are much faster and fly, and baneligs are so inexpensive... And banelings have a 2.2 radius (Mines 1.25, lower) and banes will do 20+15 (extra vs. light) with more radius, and same damage..
Who is really complaining? Why does this has to change? I watch a lot of SC2 tournaments (PRO's and some amateur) and nobody really over uses Widow Mines..
Still love the game and paid for my virtual blizz con ticket.. hope after or during the event I don't get the super bad news...
If you reduce the mines radius damage, then PLEASE apply the same rule TO ALL area of effect units.. of all three races at least...