Another puCK AmA

Hey everyone its been a LONG time since I have been here. I would love to answer some of your questions again if you have any! I will not be able to answer all your questions so don't take any offense to that ! Do not ask why I left ROOT because I will simply ignore it. GO AHEAD EVERYONE GIVE ME WHAT YOU GOT!
Reply Quote
Is this like a help me thread?

Why did I lose here? : http://ggtracker.com/matches/4233335
Reply Quote
Hey McGoku I will watch it tomorrow and let you know what I think
Reply Quote
Thanks!
Reply Quote
what is the best way to handle an ebay block with reaper?
I had problems dealing with it with even letting my zealot finish . Becuz he will just attack my zealot which trys to kill the ebay. My mothership core has to be in my main becuz he can just attack the probes and the core is too slow to come back in time. So i even have to wait for the stalker and then kill the ebay which delays everything by alot. Did i miss something?

Thank you <3
Edited by CityShuffle on 10/18/2013 1:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How you should wall off at Akilon Wastes when doing FFE? That ramp is really wide. : / And can that wall be held against 10-pool, or should I try to make cannons at my main if I scout really early pool?
Reply Quote
Is the bisu anti 4 gate a valid stategy in hots and why bisu dt phoenix isn't used by pro players? I mean it sounds good in the paper, is it just extremely difficult to pull off?
Reply Quote
Another question. What Protoss unit hard counters immortals (aside from the obvious air)?
Edited by McGoku on 10/18/2013 5:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As a Gold player, taking a third base versus Zerg is really scary. Many games I lose to Zerg are simply because I'm too afraid of the Zerg player to venture out from behind my FFE wall and take another base.

As you can imagine, this doesn't tend to work well when I fall into this trap. What do I need to take and defend a third base in PvZ, and to a lesser extend, PvT?
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 05:01 AMPosted by McGoku
Another question. What Protoss unit hard counters immortals (aside from the obvious air)?

Zealots do incredibly well against Immortals. Immortals don't do bonus damage VS them, and Zealot attacks are not neutered by the hardened shields. Zealots are also very fast with Charge.

I recommend going into the Arcade in the game, and searching for "HotS Unit Tester". You can see which unit counters which.

Although you mentioned you didn't want to factor in Air, Void Rays absolutely destroy immortals without thinking twice about it.
Reply Quote
3 Sentry questions:

If you open with an offensive Sentry-style play in PvP, what is the maximum number of Sentries you want to make?

Is Sentry/Chargelot a thing (viable) vs Zerg and Terran, and against Protoss who open with Robo or pure Gateway?

If a Twilight Council is scouted, should Sentries not be made, except perhaps 2 of them to Forcefield a ramp if a Dark Shrine is scouted?
Edited by NinjaDuckBob on 10/18/2013 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Did you see the recent Dear vs Maru matches? What do you think about the HT opening with a focus on HT drops with later colossi tech? And what PvT opener do you feel most comfortable with?
Reply Quote
I haven't forgot about your questions! Most of them should be answered sometime today!
Reply Quote
Hey puCK, nice to see you back here with us "normals" :P jk jk!

My question: will you be competing at WCS, if so which one and what level are you aiming for?

Reply Quote
If a Zerg has no 3rd and looks like he's going for an early attack / all in, what would be a good response for a gateway expand player? I usually die to Mutalisks, swarm host all ins, etc.
Reply Quote
When you are playing against a Terran what is the scariest thing that a Terran can do to you inside of game, of the non-cheese variety?
Reply Quote
what is the best way to handle an ebay block with reaper?
I had problems dealing with it with even letting my zealot finish . Becuz he will just attack my zealot which trys to kill the ebay. My mothership core has to be in my main becuz he can just attack the probes and the core is too slow to come back in time. So i even have to wait for the stalker and then kill the ebay which delays everything by alot. Did i miss something?

Thank you <3

Hey! The best thing to do is not panic. Make sure you kill the scv making the ebay with your zealot. If you can't kill it simply start attack the ebay. Once the reaper comes chrono out a stalker and msc. You can leave your msc in your base and have zealot and stalker attack ebay and it shouldn't take long to kill. While all this is happening you could have taken your 2nd gas and or placed a tech building down like your robo.
Reply Quote
How you should wall off at Akilon Wastes when doing FFE? That ramp is really wide. : / And can that wall be held against 10-pool, or should I try to make cannons at my main if I scout really early pool?

Hey, you can hold 10 pool with ffe. On Akilon try to make your initial pylon part of the main wall. Cancel probes if you have to. Finishing the wall is most important, this doesnt mean finish wall before cannon.
Reply Quote
Is this like a help me thread?

Why did I lose here? : http://ggtracker.com/matches/4233335

Hey Goku! Something to think about is you lost your initial colossus and you m moved a lot before attack. Make sure you are not just right clicking and pressing a and left clicking instead! Also something to think about is how much money you are floating. If you are floating money after a production cycle you probably need to add more production. You could have probably had 5 more gateways to make sure you spent all your money. NOTE do not add the gateways until you start to float. This is a notably bad thing to do but at the same time its smart. Reason I say this is because at the professional level you would never have to add these gateways until you are at least 4 base, but since you float a lot earlier you need to come up with a way to spend spend spend. Just keep in mind you should really focus on your spending in hopes you dont need to add more gateways!
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 03:01 AMPosted by Killjoy
Is the bisu anti 4 gate a valid stategy in hots and why bisu dt phoenix isn't used by pro players? I mean it sounds good in the paper, is it just extremely difficult to pull off?

Hey I don 't know what bisu's anti 4 gate is exactly. Dt phoenix CAN be used as a last resort method. but reason it isnt used is because all the opponent has to do is keep making observers and archon/feedback is too good against phoenix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]