StarCraft® II

Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 28)

Perhaps you should provide links to past bars in the history section.

Oh, and in honor of the release of Ender's Game I propose a new drink.

The Little Doctor.

It may be an MD, but trust me, it won't be fixing you up anytime soon.

Yes, I know I'm early with that, but I can't wait. If they fail to do the book justice (as the trailers imply they may) I will personally hunt down and kill every member of the production team, forum Code of Conduct be hanged.
Never read the Ender's Game.
-stares deeply at a wall-

Oh, and Duke, I totally forgot there was a site. :P
And the RP is up.
*Continues tinkering with the device, as if on cue, a cannon blasts and explodes in my face*

Well this can't possibly get any worse... I've used almost everything from A-Y. Don't ask about Z. There is a reason why I don't use the Z items...
I'm thinking of doing a fantasy RP, preferably something low-management that I can do at the same time as LVH.

I've never done one before, and would like to try my hand at the genre...
Never read the Ender's Game.
-stares deeply at a wall-

Oh, and Duke, I totally forgot there was a site. :P

Shame. On. You. Go read it.
just in case anyone is even slightly interested ... Gate to Infinity is up(previously Gate Project for those that participated in that) ... just wanted to put that out here ...
Had an interesting religious insight (holiday season does this to me).

One thing that always bugged me about the story of Jesus' death is the fact that he was only dead for three days. I mean, sheesh. He knew he was getting resurrected, and for an eternal being three days is nothing. Hardly seems like a big deal, so why should his Father be grieving and everything? Minor separation.

Then I thought of places in sci-fi where you see beings capable of thinking extremely quickly. Some characters, intelligent machines particularly (such as Speaker for the Dead's Jane or the unnamed android in that bit Zanon posted), experience a second as a much longer period of time (like when Ender gets mad at Jane and turns of his link with her for an hour: for her it's ten thousand years of loneliness).

If a computer could do this, surely an omnipotent being would take it to the extreme.

My conclusion: to God, every second is an eternity. Thus, to Him he was parted from His son for an eternity. Kind of put in perspective for me.

/end religious rambling.
Cannot wait until Obscurity starts.
10/29/2013 06:23 PMPosted by KnarledOne
My conclusion: to God, every second is an eternity. Thus, to Him he was parted from His son for an eternity. Kind of put in perspective for me.

Very interesting. Since God is outside of time, this seems like a logical conclusion.

Although... I'm not sure here was the best place to put this. I still enjoyed it, though.
10/29/2013 06:52 PMPosted by FegelKitteh
Cannot wait until Obscurity starts.

Mecha, that time is now~
:D
10/28/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Thundercrash
Shame. On. You. Go read it.
No money. No go. Deal with it. :3
I propose we set up a fund to purchase a copy of Ender's Game for Crymson. We would not be true friends nor sci-fi fans if we allowed any one of our number to continue in Enderlessness.
Orrr
I could just send my copy to him.
You know...
after I read it...
=whistles and walks off=
I haven't seen it either, so I am kinda curious what it is like.
I haven't read it either. I wanted to last summer but... :(

Maybe this summer? I'm reading so much great litterature, some easy reading sci-fi sounds awesome...
... *eyetwitch* you people ... must read it ... I read the whole of the main story line in a month ... READ IT!!!!
Nah...
maybe later.
I am ashamed of you people. Not reading a great piece of art as Ender's Game.

I wash my hands of this weirdness.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]