StarCraft® II

4000 + apm

I know that you can spam apm early game......I have been around since launch and have played quite a few games...in the thousands but I played a zerg today who 6 pooled me. His apm finished at 427 and he quit because I got walled in before he could get in my base......

But in watching the replay his apm was spiking near 5000 apm......How does one even get their apm that high spamming........Im confused...I have never, ever seen this before. Anyone know what you can do to spam 5000 apm?
Reply Quote
replay please?
Reply Quote
can upload to: http://drop.sc/
Reply Quote
I'd imagine it'd be one of 3 options:

A) A bot.
B) Hotkey configuration allowing one action to be preformed multiple times when the key is held down.
C) A bug with the APM counter.
Reply Quote
answer D

1. Registry hack using FilterKeysSetter.exe boosting repetition of keys from default 33 per second to ~75
(depends from keyboard and OS)
2. Hotkeyed to a single key option select ability or target.
3. Selecting overlord
4. shift+m+ hotkeyed key.
5. 4000 EPM.

Without registry modification you can get something about 2k EPM.

Here replay:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100897574/epmtest.SC2Replay
Edited by ThetaOptimus on 11/1/2013 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
answer D

1. Registry hack using FilterKeysSetter.exe boosting repetition of keys from default 33 per second to ~75
(depends from keyboard and OS)
2. Hotkeyed to a single key option select ability or target.
3. Selecting overlord
4. shift+m+ hotkeyed key.
5. 4000 EPM.

Without registry modification you can get something about 2k EPM.

Here replay:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100897574/epmtest.SC2Replay

Why would you use a hack/cheat with no functional value?

I could see if a cheater somehow made a program to follow a script to make his macro perfect while microing units. Think how Diablo 2 bots worked for example, using objects in the background as waypoints and such to direct the bot what to do and where.

Of course, anyone using such a cheat would eventually get caught somehow, or their real skill would just suffer and they'd be exposed as a fraud if they tried to play a tournament. Caster would be like, "What happened to that great macro this guy used to have?"

I'm guessing you could make a program that could force a script like that, by over-riding keyboard input. Put workers in a control group at the beginning of the game so it can select the workers without you necessarily having the screen centered on them, and issue a build command to them as needed. I wouldn't know how to program that, but a D2 bot maker might know how to do that.

It could conceivably be done without actually "hacking" the game, using stuff like timers to track unit movements blindly, and by doing something like making a map of the terrain in the cheat program so that it just "knows" where its possible to make stuff.

Hmmm, I'm not encouraging cheating by any means, I'm just musing over possibilities that a cheater might explore.

If I were going to cheat, and I knew how to code that, it's probably what I would do, because it's theoretically undetectable and because it's actually not breaking any game rules, it's just making a perfect build order whether or not the player has the APM and concentration to actually do it in-game....but I never used cheats in Broodwar player vs player*, and I don't intend to start now.

* okay, once or twice as a joke, but then I uninstalled it because the game sucked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]