StarCraft® II

Protoss Chrono Boost

Since Chrono Boost is easily the weakest of the 3 "economic fixers" and becomes even weaker as the game goes on, I had an idea to keep it good throughout the game.

1) Allow Chrono Boost to be cast on UNITS and CANNONS to half their cooldown for 20 seconds.

2) In team games, allow Chrono Boost to be cast on allied units and structures to have the same effects as it does to your own units and structures.

A Chrono Boosted hatchery would produce Larva every 7.5 seconds instead of every 15, for example.
A Chrono boosted Bunker would have marines that shoot twice as fast.

3) If that is too good, you could allow an alternate, more expensive version of the spell for casting on UNITS and Cannons, like 50 energy per cast when targeting units or cannons, instead of 25, for example.

This would actually put Protoss' economy booster on par with Zerg and Terran throughout the game.
Edited by Wade on 11/10/2013 6:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
oh god my sides. I cant... I cant even...
Reply Quote
A Chrono Boosted hatchery would produce Larva every 7.5 seconds instead of every 15, for example.
A Chrono boosted Bunker would have marines that shoot twice as fast.

That would be so broken. EVERY match would turn into boosted 6 pools or bunker rushes.
Reply Quote
I think Zergs have the weakest economic fixers due to them having to choose between army or workers. Also, if they miss one inject, that's one inject lost forever and some spare energy saved on the queen. This can be argued that it can be used for creep spread, but who on earth would use your lava inject queen for creep spread inside their main base(before the 19th larva)? Chrono boost is fine the way it is. Late game, you can use it on your buildings to boost the production time of your unit. It's not the same as 2x attack speed, but having 2 of the same unit is essentially the same thing. If it did boost the attack speed of say a cannon, then it would allow all Protoss to easily forge FE or Moco FE, into defending all attacks for 11 minutes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]