StarCraft® II

how do you stop mass maruader!!

everytime i vs terran they go mass marauder, if i make void rays they make widow mines and vikings, when i make immortals, the maruaders studder step until they sround them enough to be able to 1 shot them.. WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO DO!!!! there MUST be some weakness that i dont see
Edited by MrEvan on 11/14/2013 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Immortals counter Marauders, however now you are talking about unit compositions and not Mass Marauder. Go into more details, maybe upload a replay to ggtracker and then look at the unit composition at the start of each battle, and then plug the values into the HotS Unit Tester Online custom map (very useful). That will tell you if your composition sucked VS theirs.

Stutter step can improve the odds of victory for them, but you also have access to force fields. Widow Mines are terrible to face against, but you shouldn't get hit by more than 1 or 2 unless you are trying to dive into a base that has way too much protection.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/14/2013 10:47 AMPosted by MrEvan
everytime i vs terran they go mass marauder, if i make void rays they make widow mines and vikings, when i make immortals, the maruaders studder step until they sround them enough to be able to 1 shot them.. WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO DO!!!! there MUST be some weakness that i dont see

Chargelots with Guardian Shield and upgrades are incredibly efficient vs mass Marauders. Early game you can also mix Stalkers in, because if a Marauder is shooting a Zealot, and the Stalker is shooting the Marauder, the Stalker is actually doing more damage. Later in the game, sure you can mix in some Immortals vs super heavy Marauder compositions, but even better are Archons and Psi Storms.
Reply Quote
Zealots, sentries, and immortals counter them hard.
Reply Quote
voidrays might not be a bad idea, if it really is just mass mass marauder.

they don't shoot up, voidrays shoot down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]