StarCraft® II

StarCraft II System Requirements

(Locked)

Blizzard Employee
UNSUPPORTED:
(If you have any of these then your system is not supported)
- Mac OS X 10.6.0/10.6.1/10.6.2/10.6.3

Why is Mac OSX 10.6.3 Unsupported? I get major graphic issues with 10.6.4

There are issues with 10.6.3 too.
I dont think the small issues with 10.6.3 are worth all the problems that come with 10.6.4.

Also on the retail copy the Minimum System Requirements are 10.6.2 or Newer?

So if I'm running 10.6.3 why is it "Unsupported"?
Edit.. deleted what I typed. Found post through search and didn't realize it was mac forum.
Edited by Cinderblock on 8/11/2010 5:49 AM PDT
Blizzard Employee
I dont think the small issues with 10.6.3 are worth all the problems that come with 10.6.4.

Also on the retail copy the Minimum System Requirements are 10.6.2 or Newer?

So if I'm running 10.6.3 why is it "Unsupported"?

We only test the latest versions of any major OS(10.6.4 and 10.5.8). That said, earlier versions might work just fine.

If you are using 10.6.3 and you don't see any problems, that's great, enjoy the game :)
Why would you put the GT 130 under Low. Typo :P?
Edited by Simplicity on 8/18/2010 5:24 PM PDT
The GT130 is pretty crappy. It’s barely a step up from modern integrated solutions.
I get 170 fps on low with the gt 130 -.-
Edited by Simplicity on 8/28/2010 10:33 AM PDT
The recommended configuration should allow you to play the game on medium.
Recommended video cards for medium:
ATI Radeon X1900
ATI Radeon HD 4670
NVidia GeForce 9600M GT
NVidia GeForce 320M

What's the disparity on performance with the ATI Radeon HD 4670 and the NVidia GeForce 320M? I feel like there has to be one and that the 4670 is better than the 320 with SC2 and if that is the case, by how much? Can a blue report on this?
What's the disparity on performance with the ATI Radeon HD 4670 and the NVidia GeForce 320M? I feel like there has to be one and that the 4670 is better than the 320 with SC2 and if that is the case, by how much? Can a blue report on this?

Or rather, how much slower will a Mac with the following specs:

13" MacBook Pro (Mid 2010)
2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo
8GB of SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 320M (256 MB Shared)

be than a Mac with the following specs:

21.5" iMac (Late 2009)
3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB of SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 4670 (256 MB Discrete)

?
Edited by Yebubbleman on 8/20/2010 9:56 PM PDT

Or rather, how much slower will a Mac with the following specs:

13" MacBook Pro (Mid 2010)
2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo
8GB of SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 320M (256 MB Shared)

be than a Mac with the following specs:

21.5" iMac (Late 2009)
3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB of SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 4670 (256 MB Discrete)

It has more to do with the screen resolution than anything else really. At the 1280x800 that the Macbook uses, the 4670 could run SC2 easily on high shaders. But because the iMac’s native resolution is 1920x1080, the 4670 will deceptively play much closer to the 320M, just at a much higher resolution. The 320M would choke at just about anything above 1280x800 unless you set everything to low.
Edited by Frost on 8/21/2010 2:56 PM PDT
It has more to do with the screen resolution than anything else really. At the 1280x800 that the Macbook uses, the 4670 could run SC2 easily on high shaders. But because the iMac’s native resolution is 1920x1080, the 4670 will deceptively play much closer to the 320M, just at a much higher resolution. The 320M would choke at just about anything above 1280x800 unless you set everything to low.

I guess, then speaking generally, with respect to the individual computers in question (namely the Late 2009 21.5" iMac and the Mid 2010 13" MBP), which machine (sans any external display) will run it better relative to the machine, and by how much? I ask because I'm torn between getting said iMac now and then saving for the MBP later or just getting the MBP now.
Well, honestly at this point it boils down to the desktop versus mobile laptop. Would you take your Macbook everywhere you go, or be content to set it up in a room and have it live there the remainder of it’s life?
lol... is there any computer out there that can run this game on ultra?

Get the latest and greatest is about all you can do for that.
I can run my settings on ultra with no glitches... i got the 2010 27" iMac...
A quad core i7 with a 1GB video card will make short work of the settings requirements.
I don't get that my video card is supported on Windows, but not the Mac. ??? Lame.
So-- is Blizzard going to do anything for me? I am a long time customer of the WoW and Diablo games. The fact that I have ran the campaign multiple times, and do multiplayer with my friends for months... And now? My computer is not supported.

It is absolutely ridiculous. I have ran the game nearly flawlessly with my video card until this new patch. Now my video card is not supported. Thank you for the big hit in the face Bliz. I will be pulling my accounts until this is fixed. A $60 game should work a little longer than a 2 months or at least come with a bigger warning/press release or something.

Not very responsible of you.
So-- is Blizzard going to do anything for me? I am a long time customer of the WoW and Diablo games. The fact that I have ran the campaign multiple times, and do multiplayer with my friends for months... And now? My computer is not supported.

It is absolutely ridiculous. I have ran the game nearly flawlessly with my video card until this new patch. Now my video card is not supported. Thank you for the big hit in the face Bliz. I will be pulling my accounts until this is fixed. A $60 game should work a little longer than a 2 months or at least come with a bigger warning/press release or something.

Not very responsible of you.

Totally Agree, This is total nonsense that anyone can play this game for 2 months and then not work. All because of one patch we can not play? Blizzard needs to do something about this and soon. I have the same issue Ziplock and its total Bull.

Do something about this soon Bliz or a full refund is needed.
If Bliz id going to screw over all of the mac users with this one patch I don't think its worth it to keep buying the products. What will they do next? Will they do the same thing wit WoW in the next patch/expansion? Blizzard either needs to adjust these settings for the graphics card or refund my money or else I too will discontinue all of my accounts that I hold on here.
Blizzard Employee
Can you post your video card and your OS?
Blizzard was totally unprepared from the start.
1. It lags like crazy, even when playing in offline mode.
2. No matter what settings I put it on, it will lag and the graphics screw itself over.
3. Even my friends with pros sometimes freeze up and get an error report.
4. I can't find my "Blizzard" folder thanks to you now that you moved it. I've searched, and all it came up with was the old one that didn't exist anymore. I did read the patchnotes and I did look in my apps folder and it wasn't there.
I have had to force-quit an insane amount of times... AND I HATE IT.
My OS: 10.6.4
Vid Card: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Since the patch my brand new macbook pro that ran it on high graphics runs like #%!@ now. Sweet. Where are the mac beta testers? They must have slept in or something.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]