StarCraft® II

StarCraft II System Requirements

(Locked)

Can you post your video card and your OS?

Blizzard--
My Video Card (Integrated in Macbook): GMA X3100

READ:

I understand that this does not meet the system requirements (I did not know before I bought) but I tested on the beta and it worked, I bought the game when it first came out and it worked for TWO whole months; until this patch came out messing up everything. If this was not meant to be played on this computer then it should not have worked for the first two months.

What should I do??
i use to run it on ultra just fine .. untill recently i went UP from 32 bit windows xp to 64 bit and for some reason the frame rate is TERRIBLE now and im looking for some insight in these forums
1. Out of curiosity, given that the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT and the GeForce 7600 GT as supplied by Apple only run in Windows via Boot Camp, how well will they run in Windows? Will I push past low settings and into medium or will low be all I have? I ask because I may be getting a used 2006 Mac Pro in the near future through work.

2. I'm guessing that they're probably not DirectX 10 or higher cards, so I'm guessing that I'd have fastest performance with Windows XP, by virtue of XP being a smaller OS than 7. Is this true?

3. Assuming I get this Mac Pro, I may be considering an upgrade of the video card to a Radeon X1900; yay for old technology that is still newer than what I have at home. :-\ That said, if it's too much hassle to deal with, I may just stick with a new Mac mini with the GeForce 320M instead, though, I'm wonderin, how much faster or slower is the 320M than an X1900? Or are they pretty closely matched? If it makes a difference, I'm probably hooking up whichever computer I get to a 24" Samsung LCD monitor, with (I'm presuming) a 1920x1080 resolution. What say you all?

Thanks.

Do any of you think that support for the GMA X3100 will come out or they will soon support it?
My game ran perfectly (on low) and after 1.1.3, minimap is inactive, some units don't even appear, addons aren't there. its just horrible.
My computer CAN run the game, the only reason it doesn't is cause the graphics card isn't supported. Anyone think support is coming out?
Edited by Maddjack on 12/2/2010 7:36 PM PST
If i wanted to play SC2 on ultra, what is a good video card to pick up?

<blockquote data-quote="7776384597"><div>Posted by LoGo</div>

Blizzard--

READ:

I understand that this does not meet the system requirements (I did not know before I bought) but I tested on the beta and it worked, I bought the game when it first came out and it worked for TWO whole months; until this patch came out messing up everything. If this was not meant to be played on this computer then it should not have worked for the first two months.

What should I do??</blockquote>

I concur. I also have the same card and OS. The game worked fine before the patch, and now it doesn't work at all. I haven't played for most of the school year, and now I'm on winter break finding out I won't be able to relax and put my $60 to use.
Edited by Babu on 12/15/2010 2:47 PM PST
I am interested in the latest Macbook Air with the following specs. Does anyone have any experience with this computer? how does it run? Running on low is fine but if it can run better please let me know. I'm afraid to buy this computer and it run poorly.

11-inch MacBook Air
(MC505LL/A) 11-inch MacBook Air
(MC506LL/A)
Processor 1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
L2 cache 3MB shared
System bus 800MHz
Memory 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM onboard (4GB maximum)
Storage2 64GB of flash storage 128GB of flash storage
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
Display 11.6-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1366-by-768 resolution
There seems to be alot of bickering. From what I hear, a lot of people are trying to run SC2 with old computers, and quite frankly, some unimpressive graphics cards. Even if this is not the case, the MacBook Pro is not a well 'gaming' computer, it's VRAM is maxed at 512mb, which is recommended specs in game for MEDIUM settings and textures. I got a mid 2009 MBP, 2.26 Duo, 4G RAM, and an NVidia GT 9400M, running the game at high terrain, ultra effects and textures, and low on everything else (high physics and reflections ON). I get 70fps, with a drop to 10fps on 200food battles. I don't usually experience problems with the game, unless it's due to to simple lag, which is sometimes to be expected. That's all I can say for now, although I DO believe and support those of you who've spent good money on a game from a good brand, only to find that your new shiny computers can't run the darn thing due to a patch.
Posted by Babu
<blockquote data-quote="7776384597"><div>Posted by LoGo</div>

Blizzard--

READ:

What should I do??</blockquote>

I concur. I also have the same card and OS. The game worked fine before the patch, and now it doesn't work at all. I haven't played for most of the school year, and now I'm on winter break finding out I won't be able to relax and put my $60 to use.

Exactly the same predicament. It used to work just fine before the last patch. Either fix it or give me my money back.
@Rutger
I'm running the same system.

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM

2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (512MB)

Constant lag when playing campaign -- all Medium (recommended by the game) settings.

I was really excited to play this, now I'm just disappointed.

same here
suggest setting but still lags!
2.53 GHz Core i5
4GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 330M 256MB

I've been getting a lot of lag, and heats up quick with "high" resolution; which the gfx card is listed on the first post.

I lower it to medium, it's tad better; but have to play low to resolve the lag issues....

No resolution yet on Mac support??? Kind of pointless when Blizzard informs about the specs that required to play on "high" resolution but yet it lags a lot.

Support Forum Agent
I know SC2 is very graphic intense and it can made any portable heat up quick. It's more graphic intense than WoW, and WoW does it it up a bit.

I would try the recommended settings and just lower the Shaders option, to see if it helps any.

I would also do an SMC reset to make sure the voltage is reset to the GPU too, in-case the heating issue made the voltage limited.

Resetting the SMC on Macs with built-in battery.
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer. Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter does not change states or temporarily turn-off when you reset the SMC.

Any better?
I love STV. All the animals are so nice. They just run out of the jungle as your passing by and greet ya. I just have a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I run through. No, wait, that warm and fuzzy feeling is the friggin Tiger that jumped me.
I just moved to Europe for 5 months and I was wondering with every patch that comes out, new videocards are added to the playable list. Will the Intel GMA 950 ever be added to playable video cards or should I just accept the fact that I will not be able to play anymore since I am on my 2008 MacBook.

In the states I had a nice PC. Now I'm saddened and only survive by watching replays.
Any word about the Intel HD 3000 and the AMD Radeon HD 6490M/6750M employed in the new Early 2011 MacBook Pros? I'm guessing that the HD 3000 is only a hair worse than the 320M and that the 6490M is a bit worse than the GT 330M and that the 6750M is quite better than said GT 330M, but that's only going off of the Macworld.com benchmarking review. Any blues get a chance to mess with these machines?
Thinking of buying a laptop with the following graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6570. A website I checked out said that worse cards could play the game on high settings, but did not confirm that it would work with this game. I'm curious, will it?
Mine does, but of course I run the game on Windows 7, and with a GTX 560.
I'm just wondering, if I buy the pc version of this game, will I be able to play it on the mac. I was looking at starcraft ii at gamestop, but it said pc. If I buy that version of the game, will I be able to play it on the mac?
Support Forum Agent
The install DVD should be a universal install and contain both PC/Mac information. If for some reason this doesn't, you can download the Mac client from Battle.net after adding the authentication key to your account.
Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Fri-Tue 1:45 pm - 10:45 pm CST
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
Dedicated to making your Mac/Blizzard Experience an awesome one!
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.-- Lao Tzu
I've asked this a bunch in other threads, but have gotten no clear answer; the list of which Apple-supplied GPUs will run StarCraft II on which settings is out of date and doesn't at all add in the GPUs shipped in the 2011 Macs such as the Early or Late 2011 MacBook Pro (256 MB discrete AMD Radeon HD 6490M, 512MB or 1GB discrete AMD Radeon HD 6750M, or 1GB discrete AMD Radeon HD 6770M), the higher-end Mid 2011 Mac mini (256MB discrete AMD Radeon HD 6630M), any of the Mid 2011 iMac GPUs (AMD Radeon HD 6760M, 6770M, 6970M). While I can assume that any AMD Radeon HD mobile GPU whose model name starts with a 67 or higher is probably better than last year's NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, it'd be rad to know at what settings do these GPUs run StarCraft II natively and without hiccup. Similarly, while I can only assume that the Intel HD 3000 runs StarCraft II faster on lower settings and worse on medium and higher settings, confirmation or denial of this would be helpful as well.

Would a blue care to either enlighten us or at least modify the front page?
I'm just wondering. Did you guys ever put in a patch where the Geforce 7600 will run SC2 on a mac? I was running through bootcamp on snow leopard but the hard drive got a bug so I deleted the hard drive and was reinstalling but guess what? OS Lion (I upgraded) won't run boot camp for XP! It is perfectly able to but it just doesn't feel like it for some reason. So, either I buy windows 7 just to play or hopefully installing on my mac will work. I've wasted so much time just troubleshooting this stuff. so annoying.
Edited by Danzig on 12/26/2011 3:46 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]