StarCraft® II

StarCraft II System Requirements

(Locked)

Guys, are there really a problem with SC2 and case sensitive partition mode on Mac? Are any way to play using a partition like this? (as a plugin, mod or something supported by Blizzard)
I'm updating to OS X Lion for personal reasons, I really hope that I can play after this.
if you have a mac you may be better off just wearing thick rimmed glasses, smoking american spirits and listening to city and color...because it will never play games well as the insides are all made with low end garbage (gray market intel)and an operating system that cant properly transfer information from the already painfully slow hardware.....guess thats what you get from unix and low end intel....its just the truth, how is it that i can play on ultra with a $700.00 Asus laptop and you cant play on even medium on a $1,400.00 air book.... :/ fanboys fail
is HOTS going to have the same min requirements? I'm guessing not.
Support Forum Agent
05/07/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Slint
is HOTS going to have the same min requirements? I'm guessing not.

We'll post the system requirements for HoTs as soon as we know for sure, but it looks like 10.5.8 will not be supported for HoTS.
Hi the new macbook pro retina display support starcraft 2? in high? or ultra? nvidia gt 650m
I've been playing this game for 2 years with mac os 10.5.8. Why can't I play anymore?? I payed good $ for this and it doesn't make sense that you would "un" support the system that I bought the game with.....
For mac users with the new patch it will only work with 10.6.8 or better anything less and your out of luck. This is the old bait and switch. The game was advertised to work with a minimum requirement os. Now that requirement has changed at the whim of the product producers. They have no legal disclaimer to protect them from what was stated on the box. They have to honor there agreement with the customer at the time of purchase. This is a clear cut case of fraud and a class action suit should ensue. For the time being just ask for a refund, that's what i did. As for starcraft if you like upgrade your os and continue to play. But be warned when a company gets in the habit of forcing things onto there customers that are not in the contract it's hard to stop. Next month you may have to upgrade your graphics card to meet there requirements. So my advice is to get out now and maybe leave with a little coin in your pocket. The most probable out come is they will not issue a refund but ask for one anyway. This way when the lawsuit is won you will receive compensation for the purchase price of the game.

Sincerely: A NYC corporate lawyer

P.S. You must ask for a refund if you expect to be compensated . On the other hand this
does not bar you from upgrading to a new os and continuing to play starcraft. Get paid
and continue to play starcraft got to love it.
Those requirments were not on the orginal box!!!!! Blizzard fix your mistake!!!!
Minmum requirements MAC 10.5.8 why change???????
Thank you very much for this patch, it has really improved my starcraft 2 experience. I have a mac 10.5.8. You're awesome Blizzard! Lemme just go out and buy a new computer and operating system! Awesome patch, omg now the graphics and menus look so slick, even though I play on minimum and have been for 2 years since beta. I really think Blizzard's next move should be to drop Windows XP users, and to add more facebook integration. I mean seriously, XP sucks. Why not make all those poor losers who run on XP finally get off their crappy computers and buy a copy of Windows 7? Blizzard is #1 in my heart <3. Best troll since the launch of Diablo 3 :D
How much HD space is needed to upgrade to 1.5? It says I don't have enough HD space required to upgrade. I have just enough room for SC2, D3, and Aion.. (since new patch now puts it at 35+ GB) I have just a few GB left. I'm using my bf's computer until I receive mine.
Because people like me who have to use an old Win XP system at the moment while I'm waiting on MY computer to be shipped would still like the option to play SC2. That's why.
Support Forum Agent
If you're doing a new install, I'd say 10 GB to be safe, but after it is all said and done, it may shrink down to 8GB after the 1.5 optimization. You may just need a few extra gigs to help expand files before shrinking.
i am running OSX 10.5.8 and have been running starcraft 2 for 2 years with no issues. Now it will not open and I am apparently below the minimum requirements to run the game because I require 10.6 now? how do I play starcraft without paying for the newest mac operating system?
Hmmm....
Edited by IcyBlaze on 8/27/2012 4:43 PM PDT
So here are my tech specs

OS 10.8.1
2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
750GB 5400-rpm hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

I don't see my graphic card on the list.

I have tried Ultra and nothing bad happened when I was in single display mode during the game.
If my Mac can run SC2 Terran campaign, will it be able to run this one? I'm on the unsupported list, but I'm also on the same list for the original.
Support Forum Agent
What are your system specs?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)

If you post what you have, then we can elaborate on it.
I know my graphics card is not on the supported list. But it isn't for the Terran one either. I just want to know if its the same specs for both.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]