StarCraft® II

Blood Rain

Hello everyone. Just wanted to return with a story. The story is based in the universe called Risk of Rain. It's a fun side-scroller Rogue-style indie game. I'll explain the story of the game somewhat throughout the story.
It will take place from the beginning from the eyes of the survivor you play as.

Just have this overpost just to let you guys know this'll probably be the only thing i do on the forums and I am open to any good or gut-busting criticism.

So open your escape pod.

Check your weapons.

Take a look around.

Get ready.

Weather seems nice, for now...It might rain later.
Edited by Korozain on 12/5/2013 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Good to have you back Korozain. I take it you're not RPing due to life being it's usual busy self?
Reply Quote
Yes sir. Driving school, color guard, AP world history was more demanding than i thought...

But its dying down a bit now so I'm happy to be back

:^)
Reply Quote
Prologue

UES Contact Light, a space train carrying loads of cargo to human colonies and cities on distant planets. The train is a large craft with 4 columns of 3 main cargo holds. A total of twelve cargo bays, capable of transporting hundreds of thousands of materials, supplies, goods, weapons and all of the sort across human space.

Cargo Bay 7...
Wooden crates, steel boxes an an assortment of many different containers full up the cargo bay.

A hooded man with a black robe, a long red cape and a large red ornate semi-circle hat appears. He draws a large sword from the robe, the blade splits like that of a snakes tongue at the end, and is well longer than his upper body, and wider than many of the crates. The azure blue sword cuts deep into the hull, destroying the entire bay, and the debris flies out, explosives. Hard metal alloys and all the other things collide with the rest of the ship in a brief, chaotic moment and the ship spins out of control and in a matter of minutes is plunging unto the crust of an uncharted planet.

The planet is Apnenon VI, all attempts to explore ended in the loss of 4 probes and 3 men. Whatever horror lie wait in this planet are now watching. Waiting... Preparing...

They know there is one survivor. And his pod landed in a dried up lake with scaffolds oddly built all around and inside of it.

The pod, remains stagnant, and the natives of the planet crawl in, ready to flood the new alien.

The sky is cloudy, and its going to rain soon.

But not water...
Edited by Korozain on 12/5/2013 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Risk of Rain, eh? Never seen an attempt to write a story about that. I'm intrigued.
Reply Quote
Risk of Rain story..... I shall definitely be keeping an eye on this......

Edit: Want to point out that the scaffolding set up was debris from the crashed ship, most likely.
Edited by Jester on 12/6/2013 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Good to see some folks have actually played the game, hehe. I thought it would be something cool and fresh in the minds of us writers and RPers.
Reply Quote
hang on i pressed tab when i wasnt finished, this post is still WIP
Edited by Korozain on 12/6/2013 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Log 1
Day I

It's been about 7 hours after the UES Contact Light crash landed on this uncharted world, Apnenon VI. I know not what lies here, but whatever waits for me here, has destroyed probed, and killed men before either could get passed the thick atmosphere. After opening my escape pod I was immediately "Greeted" by the sounds of the natives. The gurgled screeches and crackling chitters do not seem friendly at all. In fact they even see mocking.
I seem to have landed in a dried up lake bed. It has scaffolds built up all around and inside of it, some sign that the life has some sentience. I took whatever gear was in my pod:
• 2 .44 cal semi-automatic pistols with plenty of ammo
• Some standard issue HS-VVI armor
• A backpack with a lot of space
• O2 tanks
• And a couple of credits

I packed up and head out, ready for whatever lies on the road ahead.

Or so I thought...

The natives were very hostile, they were humanoid Lizard-like creatures. They seemed to all be wearing shoulder pads and other small fragments of armor in the same places. I watched 2 fight eachother for whatever reason, and their bite would probably tear through my armor, considering it completely destroyed the trunk of a tree...
I stumbled upon an underground nest when wandering in a cave, and had pretty much poked a stick at a wasp hive.
I ran as fast as I could, but ended up having to fight them anyways. The pistols did well against them, but even still they were very resilient, and it took a few shots to take down just one. After making it out of the cave, most stayed back, but the few that ran after me were killed by a mysterious shot from both my pistols that when fired simontaneiously fire a large, energy amplified bullet that pierced through all of them.

These things were fast and resilient, they aren't hard to kill, but pray to god if one get's near you that you die fast. Or that they don't eat you...
I later found out that these things were called Lemurians... I found a small holo-pad with this name and a picture of the same creature shortly after wandering around away from the cave. Someone else was here.

And I have to find them.

Log 1, end.

A day passes, the survivor, Alan Traymond, had sought shelter in a smaller, and much more secure cave. He closed the cave with a decent sized boulder, so that nothing would be able to get in without a struggle...

He must sleep well, for the flood that awaits him in the morning...
Edited by Korozain on 12/6/2013 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
A man with a long red cape and the large jeweled hat like those the Aztecs wore and a large sword stands before him in the middle of an odd grey plane. The sky is nothing but blackness, and the white sand below them is blank and constant.

The man reaches into his cloak and pulls out a card, and throws it down, and as it contacts the ground it immediately spawns a monster. A column of molten lava shoots out from the sand and knocks Alan back, who is now paralyzed with fear. The heat begins tearing his armor away slowly, and burning his flesh from the inside out. The column stops, and comes back down.

At him.

The orange and black eyes of the beast glare at him as it plunges down after him. As it nears closer the heat increases rapidly, causing his skin to peel as it comes down. The pain and burning keeps going, then peaks at a height of intensity he has never felt.

In a sudden he wakes up, sweating, still shaken from the dream. He closes his eyes and covers his face and sighs. "God damn... I need to get the hell out of here..." The ground begins to shake.

He looks outside and something is emerging in the sand outside the cave. A large brown crab-like creature emerges, and scuttles towards him, rather fast for its size. It crushes the rock blocking the entrance to the cave with one clasp of it's claws, and it stares at him.

"Sh*t."
Edited by Korozain on 12/10/2013 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Log 2. Day 3

There was... A Sand Crab attack... At least 4 of them emerged outside my cave last night. They, just demolished the rock. I hoped that the rock was narrow enough for them to not fit through and not give up. No, they just smash their claws together, and crush them with the force of their gigantic appendages, and a savage bite that sends chills down my spine...

I managed to dash past it when it opened a hole in the cave and I made a sprint just anywhere... They chased me, I shot them, the only bullets making a dent were the AP rounds I loaded into a mag every so often to conserve ammo. Even then, I used almost half my munitions...

I hope that this Jungle isn't so bad...

As Alan wanders the murky Jungle floor, waiting for something to strike, he finds a chest. "The hell, a high security chest? Damn, I wonder how to open it..." He approaches it, holstering his guns and looks at it closely. He sees 3 slots above the lock of the metal chest.
These slots... Their shape is... Familiar. The coins maybe? He thinks to himself, then reaches in his backpack, remembering some coins he found after his Sand Crab encounter. "Damn, I only have two... Looks like I need to go on a coin hunt..."

He takes not of his current location, and uses a bullet to carve into nearby trees, marking the 'treasure'.

Alan wanders for a brief 10 minutes, when he hears the earth moving below him. Oh god... No, please, not more of those crabs... The sound stops. The silence is a brief, yet deafening moment. As quickly as the silence started, it ended with a swarm of Lemurians bursting from the ground. They snap their jaws, and stare at him. The fear Alan once felt, now turned into an unknown, unexpected rage.

He loads two filled magazines in his pistol in a split second, drags his left foot out hard, digging his foot into the ground as he does so, lowering his position. And brings up his pistols, firing at the surrounding creatures, unloading on them, every shot hitting its mark on a Lemurian. After the flurry of bullets, but one survives, but barely. It limps to him, trying to gain speed and surprise him. But it's forehead is met by the barrel of his gun, stopping it. Alan stares at it for a second, the creature's eyes go from an enraged haze, to a scattered fear. Before it could turn to run, it's life is ended, with a Hollow Point round, breaking into it's skull, the bullet breaking and releasing the fragments into its brain, and then exiting through the back of it's head, then falls. Lying in a pool of it's own blood, among it's dead brothers.

Alan walks over to it, and stomps on it's head, until it's a mush of brain matter and broken bones. He soon comes to, shaking his head, and looks at the destruction. The death, the blood, and the pure chaos he caused... He trembles in fear of what he managed to do...

Oh no... He's back...
Edited by Korozain on 1/9/2014 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Love risk of rain, and think it's cool you made an RP on it. I always thought the Commando looks like a marine from SC2, damn is that game hard... the frustrations....
Reply Quote
It is, but that's why its unique. I'm glad you like it, stay tuned for the next part!
Reply Quote
Log 3, Day 4
Kaze has returned. Kaze is a sadistic, psychopathic alter ego that lies within me. Thankfully he only emerges in times of extreme danger, but alas, he only emerges in times of extreme danger to him... He turns my body into a vessel that feeds his bloodlust like a methodical butcher.
No...
He's more than a butcher, he is more than a killer, more than a monster. Maybe more than a demon... He is something else, I don't know what... But I don't like the feeling he leaves when he recedes back into the dark abyss of my mind.
It doesn't help that I've lost some memories when I crashed here.

God help me...
End Log 3
Reply Quote
Log 4, day 6
I've been wandering through this Jungle for... 2 days now? Swarms of Lemurians and these... Golems. When they emerge, a column of red light appears, and the earth inside the column rises up and makes a skeleton in a split second, then more earth and stone mash together to create these tough, durable sentries. When they attack they try to smash me with their massive hands, but also clap their hands together with such a force, it feels the the shockwave of a frag grenade...
End Log 4

Alan had been taking refuge in small Lemurian tunnels he finds, clearing them out then taking shelter in them. So far the strategy has been working, and is now wandering the jungle, looking for... Well, anything.

Very soon after the sun rises, he finds a chest.
Lodged in the skull of a deceased creature... It looked like a large cat of some sort, but it's about the size of a small mammoth. He examines the chest, noticing 3 slots where the center where a lock would be. He notices the shape, he looks in his backpack and takes out 3 coins of the several he's collected over time. He places them inside, then there is a brief silence. The chest takes in the coins, and it opens slightly, the sound of gas releasing, and pressure adjusting. He opens it and inside is an old worn Teddy Bear. On it is a label that reads "Tough Times". He reaches to grab it, and when he does, he is suddenly filled with a thought in his mind.

He sees a house. And a man examining the grass around it.
"Ronald! Get your as* down here!" a man with a deep and loud voice cries out. In seconds a young boy comes into the scene from the house.
"Yes fath-" The boy is immediately struck by the man, a quick yet firm punch to the gut. The bear, in the boy's hands, holding it close to him as he cowers in fear, but expectation of the impending beating. A tear forms in his eye from sadness and pain both...

Now there is a school... The boy, he appears older, but still young. The bear is on his backpack, a bit more worn. He is attempting to open a locker when a larger, possibly older child knocks him down. He and others around laugh, and the older child kicks him in the gut constantly as the sneer jeering comments at him. His face is blank, but showing pain, not from the bully, but from his emotions.

Now war. The boy is now a man, and fighting in a war. Bombs dropping, explosions booming, tanks rolling, gunshots firing. And the man has the worn bear with stitches and a missing eye strapped to his right arm. The man is by himself, being looked down upon by an enemy soldier. The soldier has his gun pointed at his face, a mask covering his face. He yells "You ready to die, kid?" before striking at him with the butt of his gun. The strike lands once, twice, but the third time it's stopped. And the man stands, and yanks the gun away with tremendous force, then grabs the man by the cheeks with one hand and rises the enemy above the ground. He holds him, the enemy soldier now in fear of the pain, the anguish, the anger and power he now sees in the man's eyes. He glances at the bear strapped to his arm.

His last sight before his neck is snapped.

Forced backward as the thought shoots through his mind, Alan stumbles backward and falls on his rear. "The hell... Was that... Me? Or someone's memories..." He says, during the second the memory jolted into his mind, he felt the incredible pain of the thought, and as it fades, he feels... Stronger, more durable as constant beatings would do to a human...

He takes the bear and puts it in his pack, and continues his journey.
Tough Times... They make us all, as they do break us...
Reply Quote
Log 4, day 6
I've been wandering through this Jungle for... 2 days now? Swarms of Lemurians and these... Golems. When they emerge, a column of red light appears, and the earth inside the column rises up and makes a skeleton in a split second, then more earth and stone mash together to create these tough, durable sentries. When they attack they try to smash me with their massive hands, but also clap their hands together with such a force, it feels the the shockwave of a frag grenade...
End Log 4

Alan had been taking refuge in small Lemurian tunnels he finds, clearing them out then taking shelter in them. So far the strategy has been working, and is now wandering the jungle, looking for... Well, anything.

Very soon after the sun rises, he finds a chest.
Lodged in the skull of a deceased creature... It looked like a large cat of some sort, but it's about the size of a small mammoth. He examines the chest, noticing 3 slots where the center where a lock would be. He notices the shape, he looks in his backpack and takes out 3 coins of the several he's collected over time. He places them inside, then there is a brief silence. The chest takes in the coins, and it opens slightly, the sound of gas releasing, and pressure adjusting. He opens it and inside is an old worn Teddy Bear. On it is a label that reads "Tough Times". He reaches to grab it, and when he does, he is suddenly filled with a thought in his mind.

He sees a house. And a man examining the grass around it.
"Ronald! Get your as* down here!" a man with a deep and loud voice cries out. In seconds a young boy comes into the scene from the house.
"Yes fath-" The boy is immediately struck by the man, a quick yet firm punch to the gut. The bear, in the boy's hands, holding it close to him as he cowers in fear, but expectation of the impending beating. A tear forms in his eye from sadness and pain both...

Now there is a school... The boy, he appears older, but still young. The bear is on his backpack, a bit more worn. He is attempting to open a locker when a larger, possibly older child knocks him down. He and others around laugh, and the older child kicks him in the gut constantly as the sneer jeering comments at him. His face is blank, but showing pain, not from the bully, but from his emotions.

Now war. The boy is now a man, and fighting in a war. Bombs dropping, explosions booming, tanks rolling, gunshots firing. And the man has the worn bear with stitches and a missing eye strapped to his right arm. The man is by himself, being looked down upon by an enemy soldier. The soldier has his gun pointed at his face, a mask covering his face. He yells "You ready to die, kid?" before striking at him with the butt of his gun. The strike lands once, twice, but the third time it's stopped. And the man stands, and yanks the gun away with tremendous force, then grabs the man by the cheeks with one hand and rises the enemy above the ground. He holds him, the enemy soldier now in fear of the pain, the anguish, the anger and power he now sees in the man's eyes. He glances at the bear strapped to his arm.

His last sight before his neck is snapped.

Forced backward as the thought shoots through his mind, Alan stumbles backward and falls on his rear. "The hell... Was that... Me? Or someone's memories..." He says, during the second the memory jolted into his mind, he felt the incredible pain of the thought, and as it fades, he feels... Stronger, more durable as constant beatings would do to a human...

He takes the bear and puts it in his pack, and continues his journey.
Tough Times... They make us all, as they do break us...
Reply Quote
NEW POST INCOMING! I'm just posting here so i don't have to go to page two of JRB to edit and whatnot. Sorry for the wait everyone. I've just been at a loss for ideas for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
Log 5, Day 9
The only reason I can keep track of time now at this point is because my PDA does it for me... Hell, if it wasn't for this I think my sanity would have died a long time ago. This hellish wasteland looks like a nice, peaceful place to live, but no. It's plagued with hostile aliens, I don't know WHY but it's starting to become just purely annoying... Yesterday I managed to fall into a large ravine that seems to be just littered with extraordinary amounts of fungi. I mean literally, there is a mycelium-like substance coating the walls, floor, ceiling, stalagmites, stalactites... Just everywhere. And glowing fungi, big fungi, small one's that will snap at you... And these tall-salamander like grey things. These bipedal horrors look peaceful, and then with their weird eyes that are on opposite sides of their head gaze down on you, a look going from blissful yet aimless looking and wandering, to a sudden contrast to a focused hunter about to kill it's prey. It spits some kind of high-speed acid that is like a sniper bullet. Damned thing almost killed me but some walking mushroom popped up and shook out some spores and smoke that immediately killed the f*cker... Luckily my armor and mask protects me from inhaling it, as it spread pretty far. But I'm not sure how well I'd do in the middle of the thick cloud... As of now, I'm hiding in a cave with normal stone, it's small but big enough for me to be kinda cozy... I hope I don't find anything new tomorrow.

But hope hasn't gotten me anywhere...
Edited by Korozain on 5/15/2014 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Notes: A lot more to come possible readers. I have already written a lot more, just revising and I will be posting in a little bit. But until then, and it shouldn't be long, Enjoy!

In the fungus filled cavern, Alan sits with his knees close to him, corpses all around him. Some of the dead creatures weren't even shot, they were just beaten with their own limbs. He had just finished killing a horde of these monsters. Kaze overcame his consciousness once more, and his rage even greater than before. Alan feels himself being lost in the dark recesses of his mind. Why does he exist… Did I do something in my life that I can’t remember…?
Sits there for almost an hour, before he is interrupted by what feels like an earthquake. He feels an immense heat, like in his dream he had a few days ago.
IT’S REAL!?

The Magma Worm erupts from the ground, a column of fire explodes to the top of the ravine. It reaches the peak, and comes back down at twice the speed. It’s burning eyes glare at his very soul as it flies down for the kill.

With unreal speed, Alan sprints and dives out of the way, the Worm burns a hole in the fungi-covered stone. The heat already starting to irritate his skin. He jumps up and fires a double shot at the worms body, still going into the ground. A pained roar erupts, and almost on cue, another group of Mushrums, Spitters and Lemurians jump down from the ledges above. “God damn it, why now of all times…” He starts to run again, the Spitter’s already shooting at him, he doesn’t feel or hear it pass him, he just sees it impact near him. Alan climbs up a vine to a higher platform, temporarily safe from danger.

He looks down and see the worm about to burst out again. Carefully, he steps back, a pace fast enough to get out of the way, but not quite running. It explodes out, and Alan shoots at every part of it he can. The worm reaches it’s peak, and begins to come back down. He doesn’t run, he looks at it. It’s burning eyes stare at him again.

He fires a double shot and then empties his mag on it’s head, then dives backwards, narrowly dodging the worm.

He repeats this, each time waiting a split second longer, getting another round in, slowly wearing it down. He notices a mask on the floor, it seems to resemble a skull or something of the sort. He doesn’t mind it, he has bigger problems right now. The worm is waiting. It’s taking a while for it to come back up.

Something isn't right…

The very ground shakes and bellows, as if in pain, and the worm bursts out of the ground with such force and vigor that it destroys the stone under it, creating a large crater that appears to keep getting bigger. The worm comes straight for him, no matter where he runs. The rock under him shatters, and explodes upwards, taking him with it. The worm reaches it’s peak for a last time, and when it goes down, it launches towards Alan, now falling back down. As the worm draws closer, he fires, aiming for it’s eyes, each shot hitting it’s mark. The worm opens its giant mouth, inside is the maw of hell.

Alan fires one more desperate shot, down the worms throat. The bullet goes into the worm, slowly melting inside the long, burning body, and it hits something.

It’s heart.

Just as the worm is about to swallow him whole, the fire dissipates, and nothing is left but the bones of the giant worm flying at him. He grabs on to one of the ribs and hopes the skeleton can break his fall. Plummeting back to the bottom of the ravine, he closes his eyes, part of him hoping this will kill him.
Edited by Korozain on 12/17/2014 3:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
He is back in the empty plane. But the man is not there. Just emptiness. But he doesn’t feel alone. He feels like he being watched, and there’s something behind him. But every time he looks back, there’s nothing. Then he is paralyzed with what feels like a cold hand on his shoulder. “I have been watching you. I am pleased with your progress. And I know about the darkness within you, it’s only a matter of time before it overcomes your very soul. You are the first to make it this far. But you won’t make it much farther…” The feeling disappears as soon as the voice stops talking.

“WHO ARE YOU!?” Alan yells. He then begins shooting at the emptiness around him, and then he feels a deep pain in his abdomen. The man’s large sword now protrudes from his body.

“I am Providence. His voice, His hand, and His power.”

The world around Alan crumbles, and Providence with it. He feels his very soul being torn asunder as he is burned from the inside out.

Alan wakes up abruptly, hitting his head on a rock. “God damn it” He says, rubbing his helmet (it does no good but he does it anyways.) He looks to his right and see’s the broken skeleton of the Magma Worm.
On the ground, the worm’s eye fell out. It’s still looking dead at him. A black eye, burning orange iris and a red pupil, and the eye itself appears to be on fire. He bends down to touch it. Upon contact it ignites and dissolves into a fire that ravages in a single line that swirls up his arm and into his helmet, bypassing the armor itself and getting in and on his face where it seeps into his eye. The Magma Worm’s eye is now his, still watching, but now for him. In pain, Alan rips off his helmet and holds his new eye. After the initial pain is over, he realizes the air is breathable.
“Interesting…” he says with a twitch, the eye still burning hot. The infernal eye allows him to see more things now. Footsteps, corpses and an essence… A greater being was once here.
Providence.

[Log 6]
Day 11,
Yesterday, I fought the Magma Worm, and I killed it. After it died, all the other monsters appeared to be absent. I wandered the caves for a while until i found… Well… A teleporter. I stepped on it, not really knowing if it was going to kill me or not, at the time I wasn’t even sure what it was. Once i stopped moving the teleporter activated. A bright light surrounded me and suddenly I was in a kind of dark yet beautiful plains area, and the teleporter is only one way apparently, because I wasn’t standing on one when I arrived.
I wandered around for a little bit. I passed a few trees, and there are a lot of cliffs and random floating islands everywhere. The sky is purple and the best way to describe the place is a Twilight Meadow. It’s dark but peaceful. After a while I saw a bunch of little child-like beings of light. Most were white but some were orange, blue green, red, just all kinds of colors. They seem peaceful… But knowing my luck on this God forsaken planet, I decided to stay away. BUT SADLY THEY HAVE THE EYES OF EAGLES!
They saw me when i tried passing by, they turned into the most vile things. They point and a beam of light shoots out of their fingers, it’s like a horrific game to them. I killed them, and they screamed like a child would. A faceless, blank child. The fact that none of them have any facial features whatsoever, just a round ball for a head, and it screams. In pain. Is f*cking terrifying.
But what is more terrifying, is the parents. Giant hulking masses of some crystalline light, I don’t know. I’m not a f*ckng scientist. All I know is that fighting one would be hard, but at least, AT LEAST, 8, is suicide. I ran, and ran. I climbed up a vine leading to one of the floating islands and sat there. I sat there and thought, “Why, why is this planet so horrifying…” And then this… Thing. Appeared. It was a black figure, its limbs got narrow towards where the hands would be and just faded into smoke, a never ending smoke coming from the ends of the misshapen limbs. And one big, red, bulging eye. Staring at me. Staring at my god damn soul. It stared at me for what felt like forever, then it… Teleported away… This place is a peaceful hell. I wouldn't be surprised if the flowers were actually demons that want to skin me alive…
[Log 6, End.]
Edited by Korozain on 12/18/2014 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]