StarCraft® II

The Long Voyage Home Continues

"Right two people with Natasha, two with me, and two with Stellera. Spread out and get everyone who is alive out." I say as I prep the airlock for us to enter through.
Reply Quote
{"Time is of the essence, Mr. Flint. We can hold stabilizers up for about another two minutes."}

Ian turns away from the console towards James. He stands. "I understand, and I agree with you. However, we will need to deal with this situation carefully. Failing to reprimand him appropriately will destroy what semblance of discipline we possess, but he is still a valuable asset. He is a skilled pilot and has friends among the crew. As much as I would like to take this matter into my own hands, that would undermine your authority as First Officer. I believe the punishment, whatever it is, must come from you... but tread carefully. Don't try to 'beat him,' try to come to an understanding with him. Ensure that you repair the situation rather than aggravate it. That said, I will give you discretion in this matter. Don't make things worse, or I'll be forced to take matters into my own hands, and I think you realize that would be devastating."

OOC:
02/26/2014 08:35 PMPosted by SpacePirate
Medical Staff is kind of getting lost in the fray. If Crymson is taking a vacation, could someone replace his character who is in a leadership position?

An application for a Medical Officer would be welcome. Also, we'll need a new Science Officer (since I killed Nolan Beller off due to SF's nonparticipation). I can do this myself, but would prefer that someone attempt to take on one of those roles.
Reply Quote
{Copy that captain}
"We have only two minutes. Lets move people." I say as I open the door to the damaged area.after sealing the door to the rest of the ship behind us.
Reply Quote
---[Natasha Kale]---

"Ready, sir!" Tasha bellowed from her chest. Her legs fell into a ready position. It was time to earn her keep. When the doors opened, she rushed out and looked for survivors.

OOC: I request a little direction here. How would anybody survive this? What are we looking for, exactly?

---[James Watkins]---

"Sir, with all due respect, we won't be able to come to a mutual 'understanding'. He disobeyed a direct order, and worse, used what influence he had to create confusion in Ember Squadron when it mattered most." James knew he was repeating himself, but he thought it important to stress exactly what it was the Flight Chief had done.

"Now he thinks himself the victim because I didn't give him enough information on the fly in the midst of all that chaos... We won't come to an understanding, he'll just yell and scream that I should have done something. This is about disciplinary action, not an understanding between officers."

"If you're letting this up to me, I think he needs a good constructive beating! Not a literal, physical beating, of course, but he needs his !@# tossed into the brig. He needs to be reminded what happens when you disobey an officer, especially in a crisis like that. But even then, I can't force him to respect my command. This will just happen again."

OOC:
02/27/2014 08:46 AMPosted by KnarledOne
An application for a Medical Officer would be welcome. Also, we'll need a new Science Officer (since I killed Nolan Beller off due to SF's nonparticipation). I can do this myself, but would prefer that someone attempt to take on one of those roles.

I was hoping CR's character could be killed off or something so that an already existing and active character could take his/her place.

You'd have to beg for another character from me. I've already written you five originals.
Reply Quote
"Perhaps I did not make my meaning clear. I gave you discretion in the matter, and I advised you to punish him as you see fit. But this can't be about your ego. This can't be done in such a way as to make the situation worse. If you can, come to an understanding with him... while punishing him."

OOC:

02/27/2014 02:45 PMPosted by SpacePirate
You'd have to beg for another character from me. I've already written you five originals.

Heavens, no. Any more characters from you and this risks becoming a two person RP.

02/27/2014 02:45 PMPosted by SpacePirate
I request a little direction here. How would anybody survive this? What are we looking for, exactly?

Anyone who failed to grab tightly to something was blown out into space and killed. Everyone else would have died from horrific, horrific decompression (not to mention it's hard {OK, actually effectively impossible} to counteract the force of air escaping into void with your hands), but the stabilizers kicked in. As a result, there are some survivors, most of whom are either clinging to something for dear life, trying desperately to open the (automatically sealed) bulkheads, or in the process of collapsing from the terrible damage that they suffered during the section's decompression. It's the latter that you'll need to grab. The others will make a mad dash for their lives the instant the bulkheads open.
Reply Quote
OOC: Was considering on bringing in another character possibly though not certain.
Reply Quote
02/27/2014 03:13 PMPosted by KnarledOne
Heavens, no. Any more characters from you and this risks becoming a two person RP.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---[James Watkins]---

James paused in understanding. Now it was only a matter of finding the right time to confront him. Ideally, it would be right away. But with the current crisis at hand, James wouldn't be able to have a little back up if things got ugly. And he wanted a soldier or two in CMC before confronting him. He also staged a training session and debriefing with Ember Squadron in an hour. It would best be before then.

With that, James took his leave from the Bridge to his private quarters.
Reply Quote
I keep helping those that I could while also keeping an eye on a count down clock I set up in my hud.
{Security teams back to the door now. We have only forty five seconds before the stablizers go down.} I say as I help one last person up and fireman carry her to the airlock ready to seal it to save those who where inside that didn't have a hev suit.
Reply Quote
"My roster shows nobody else in the area, sir," says one of the deck officers. "Only life-signs are Flint and Jackson's teams."

"Good," Ian says. "Mr. Flint, you may withdraw. Mr. Jackson, progress report."

He sits back and waits for the Chief Engineer's response. Thank God we managed to save some. It was going to be a long voyage home, and every death cost more than it should. He realizes that some of the dead might have family or close friends aboard. Something will have to be done for them. Ian never expected everyone to make it home alive, but neither did he expect so many to die so soon...

"Although," the officer says, frowning. "I am getting something unusual here. I thought it was a life sign, but it must be an error of some kind."

Ian doesn't believe in writing anything off as a computer error. "Elaborate."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say we have a life sign right here on the hull, about fifty meters away from the blast site."
Edited by KnarledOne on 3/10/2014 5:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
{Copy that captain.} I reply as I press the button to seal the door. Once the door to the rest of the ship opend I quickly exited and headed for the armory to get my armor off. I still had a traitor to find and that armor was to bulky for me right at the time.
Edited by LeKroger on 3/10/2014 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
{You want some paint and a canvas, sir? I can't rush this. It'll only get done when it gets done. If I had to guess, I need a few more hours. Unless you want to keep the region isolated while we jump elsewhere.} Mike reports, sarcasm evident.
Edited by Jester on 3/13/2014 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If it's okay I join now that would great. Okay here I go.

*Creates new engineer named Sam*

Sam reporting in right now. It's a mess where the explosion hit, everything it seems is offline. But we've managed to make progress reporting status of the emergency teams over here -

Stabilizers - Working and running around the ship
Conventional Engines - All up except one, accelerators are barely running so picking up speed in a emergency will be a problem.
Radar - Severely reduced for now as we only have a sight range of about 10 miles. We should be able to fix it though soon enough.
Automatic Defense Systems - Toasted to say the least..... Almost all systems are offline and we don't have the ability to fix them while out of port.

The Warp Drive.... We can use it for now but I'm worried about what it will happen if we fire it now. First if the thing fires without proper protection it could fry half the ship. Second critical cooling systems have been damaged in the drive itself. If it fires and the parts can't cool down the whole thing will fall apart.

I'm willing to try to repair the thing but it will require us to go outside the spaceship and into the warp drive.
If we want to repair it I'll need this at a minimum.

1. Two hours at least to repair the entire thing. We can't move much and we can't go to full power.
2. It'll take at least a team of us engineers to fix the thing. I'll need them to repair the thing with me.

Ready when you are. Just tell me when you want to get started.

-Sam
Reply Quote
WHOA WHOA WHOA. HOLD YOUR HORSES, RECRUIT.

Did KO go over your character for approval? Typically, you have to get your character approved so that you won't have issues jumping into an RP. The character sheets help too, so people don't constantly have to ask you questions.

There should be a sign-up link on the first page.
Reply Quote
No need to freak out, Naits.

@Aaronlev:

You seem like you could pull an engineer off perfectly. You're more than welcome to join. However, I would ask that you submit an application sheet for Sam really quick. Let me see if I have a link to the sign-up page...

EDIT:

Here's a link to the discussion thread...

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10160436200?page=1

And a link to the first chapter (which has an app format on the first page)...

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10127342809?page=1
Edited by KnarledOne on 3/14/2014 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for understanding didn't realize there was a form to fill out. Filled it out on the Discussion thread and submitted it. Glad I could join the crew.

Also you guys looking for a medical officer? I could make that my 2nd person if you want?
Edited by aaronlev on 3/15/2014 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, I believe we are. Our only medical officer died due to inactivity.
Reply Quote
WHOAK, I disappeared briefly and forgot about this.

IC:

03/10/2014 09:06 PMPosted by LeKroger
{Copy that captain.} I reply as I press the button to seal the door. Once the door to the rest of the ship opend I quickly exited and headed for the armory to get my armor off. I still had a traitor to find and that armor was to bulky for me right at the time.

"Good work, Mr. Flint. Standby for further orders. We may encounter a little more trouble before we're done here."

03/13/2014 02:16 PMPosted by Jester
{You want some paint and a canvas, sir? I can't rush this. It'll only get done when it gets done. If I had to guess, I need a few more hours. Unless you want to keep the region isolated while we jump elsewhere.} Mike reports, sarcasm evident.

"I understand your frustration, but we need speed. Give me everything you can."
Reply Quote
{Yes sir.}
After I was out of my armor I head towards the bridge so if the captain needed me I was right there. I salute the captain upon my arrival on the bridge.
Reply Quote
Think I should just do my debrief and training soon?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]