StarCraft® II

Nuclear Blast Zone Indicator.

On the ghost's nuclear blast zone indicator there's three sets of numbers, one to each end of the nuclear alert symbol:

007.U2.1701A

AD-73.10.10X

Chi.BRz.54.23

Now you Star Tweak fans will imediately recognize the first as containing the Enterprise's ship number. Along with it is the band U2 and James Bond's MI6 number.

The second is October 10th, 73 AD. I'm guessing that's the fall of Jerusalem by the Romans, though why October tenth is possibly an AVP movie reference.

But does anyone know what the third set of numbers is about...?
Reply Quote
Oh wow! Never noticed this.

Cool beans
Reply Quote
Chicago Bears. 54 and 23. Thats Brian Urlacher and Devin Hester. 2 of their best players.
Reply Quote
Liked.

Interesting post :>

I never really noticed this.
Reply Quote
U2 FTW!

I had never noticed this.
Reply Quote
Awesome find! I've never even looked at the nuke indicator long enough to notice numbers, let alone decode them.
Reply Quote
Chicago Bears. 54 and 23. Thats Brian Urlacher and Devin Hester. 2 of their best players.

See, that's the problem. Sports bores me to tears [until seven figure earning players lose their $#!+ and start beating on each other]. I wonder which programmer decided to put that in.
Reply Quote
See, that's the problem. Sports bores me to tears [until seven figure earning players lose their $#!+ and start beating on each other].
You know Starcraft is a sport, right?
Reply Quote
Loosely related to the topic...

My roommate and I both run SC2 on ultra settings and neither of us sees the red dot when someone else nukes. Anyone else run into that issue?

(ATI 5970 graphics card)
Reply Quote
No idea what your problem is. I still see the dot and I run the ultra settings too.
(Sparkle GeForce 460)
Reply Quote
Trekkie, bears fan, history know-it-all, U2 & James Bond fanboy, blizzard employee.

Doesn't sound far fetched

I like to think that there was a group of people and they all got to pick something to put in the code.

--And that everyone made fun of the guy who picked U2.
Reply Quote

Hey bud, I love starcraft, but it is in NO way a real sport. Sports require athleticism, SCII requires brains and quick reflexes. That's like saying chess is a real sport. It's also the reason they are called e-sports, and not just sports. No one who doesn't play (except maybe in Korea), or is closely affiliated with someone who plays, even remotely would consider this a sport.
Reply Quote

Hey bud, I love starcraft, but it is in NO way a real sport. Sports require athleticism, SCII requires brains and quick reflexes. That's like saying chess is a real sport. It's also the reason they are called e-sports, and not just sports. No one who doesn't play (except maybe in Korea), or is closely affiliated with someone who plays, even remotely would consider this a sport.

You realize chess, poker, and fishing are all considered sports, right? Chess actually the most out of the three I mentioned seeing as it's recognized as a sport by the International Olympic Committee.
Reply Quote

You realize chess, poker, and fishing are all considered sports, right? Chess actually the most out of the three I mentioned seeing as it's recognized as a sport by the International Olympic Committee.

pwned
Reply Quote

I make retarded assumptions about things I know nothing about in an attempt at sounding smart to my peers online.
Reply Quote
Loosely related to the topic...

My roommate and I both run SC2 on ultra settings and neither of us sees the red dot when someone else nukes. Anyone else run into that issue?

(ATI 5970 graphics card)

It doesn't show the big indicator, only the small red dot. If your opponents are skilled nukers, they may have a targeting trick. I know that with I nuke vs. terran, there's a sweet spot on the side of the cc that hides the dot perfectly.

Ultra also has a lot of background detail that will wash out important things like the nuke dot and cloaked unit shimmers.

That writhing Zerg creep makes it almost impossible to see such shenanigans =\.
Reply Quote
TO HELL WITH SHENANIGANS JUST NUKE EVERYTHING IN YOUR BASE AND YOU WILL PROBABLY HIT HIM.

MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKE SOMEONE HELP. :P
Reply Quote
Just roll some Banelings around an pop 'em. You'll hit the ghost and he'll melt away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]