StarCraft® II

What an awesome job Blizzard :)

I know you are probably getting a ton of these right now and you might not read this but in the event that one of you guys does, I want to say what an amazing job you have done with this game.

I am in awe at the single player campaign. I honestly thought I would just skip past the single player stuff like I do with most multiplayer games because the single player always sucks. However this is by far the BEST single player campaign I have ever played. Nothing even comes close, you guys definitely raised the bar extremely high!

I must sleep now..

Reply Quote
Yeah, I've played the first few missions and they've been epic as all hell. Really impressive job, Blizzard!
Reply Quote
Yes, I agree the long wait has been well worth it!
Enjoying playing on hard can't imagine the brutal!
That will be once I have completed the campain!
Cheers to Blizzard and to GameStop #2796 in AZ
for the awesome Mid-night release......

Cheers,
azbobs
Edited by azbobs on 7/27/2010 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed! I didn't expect so much additions to the single player campaign mode.

Cutscenes for every mission, storytelling using the characters in a rpg fashion, upgrades and skill evolution, funny TV shows and new types of missions, everything is really fun and wonderfully done! I was already amazed by the short previews released in the previous months, but now I realize my expectations just weren't high enough.
Reply Quote
/agree
Reply Quote
Starcraft 1 set the bar high. Starcraft 2's only fear is stubbing it's toe on the bar that Starcraft and Brood War set - Blizzard blew it away by a mile. With the quantity/quality of the cinematics, I wonder if Blizzard should just make a full-length movie? I'm sure between the three major franchises they've got they could do a good job.

But I digress...due to work, sleep, and other things, I've only made it through the first few missions on the single player, and haven't gotten to explore much of the game. But the upgrades/research, the nonlinear story, the little things on the ship (especially the arcade) add a whole lot of depth, and I must say I am very much enjoying the new pathfinding AI compared to the first game.

The only problem is now, while I'm at work on my other computer (which doesn't have SC2 installed on it), I am playing SC1. Don't get me wrong, SC1 still is one of the greatest games, but after playing SC2 it just feels so...wrong.
Reply Quote
I agree.

I love all the small details in the single player campaign. You can really see all the work that was put into this game... The music is also top-notch.
Great job Blizz!

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]