StarCraft® II

Balance Test Map

(Locked)

What the tank needs, actually, is bonus versus massive/shields so it won't break TvT mech or TvZ mech. If they up the armored damage to 60+, then I could see bio in TvT becoming difficult to pull off, but a bonus to massive would help tanks deal with ultras/archons.

Mech will never be viable against P though as long as the immortal exists as it is. No matter how high damage the tank receives, it will still only do 10 damage to the immortal.
Por mi parte esta bien! yo pienso que los tanques de asedio de los terran son muy OP!
What is mech air??
MVP - StarCraft
01/02/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Terric
So what the !@#$, why decreasing it to 40 secs?! it doesnt change the early game at all. You won't see different builds in tvp, I promise!

If a nerf that massive went through, you absolutely would see a lot more aggressive and successful bio pushes in early to midgame TvP, especially at the professional level.
I am exceedingly impressed
01/02/2014 02:45 PMPosted by KiLLeRs
Por mi parte esta bien! yo pienso que los tanques de asedio de los terran son muy OP!

Wut, tanks OP, wut?
01/02/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Dayvie
Photon overcharge duration decreased from 60 to 40

I like it. Be nice to test out.

We like the early aggressive options the Mothership Core provides, such as being able to recall back at the right moments, but we wonder whether the defensive nature of the Mothership Core can be toned down a bit.

I honestly think offensive should be toned down also. It's nice for the Toss early game to be varied, but in combination with the power of the current Mamacore, it makes for those all-ins to be pretty tough to deal with. I've seen great suggestions of making Time warp cost more so you can't throw down two at a time or make it so your "get out of jail almost free card" can't be used in unison with the time warp when an all-in or pressure goes wrong.

We’d like to see more options for Terran and Zerg to attack, skirmish, or harass a Protoss player who plays defensively.

I can only say +1. Giving diversity to other races is in this case a really good thing.

Roach burrow move speed to 2.25

Hell, I forgot you guys buffed roach speed, it made for some surprising games when I remembered that was a thing.
thats a joke? do u even play this game???!

thats not changing anything about Protoss.

blizzard really!? thats all u can give?
Edited by Damian on 1/2/2014 2:49 PM PST
As for mech - some compositions are ALLOWED to be bad against another composition of a different race, especially if there is no mix. Ever try skytoss vs bio? GLHF trading your voids, tempests, and even oracles efficiently with stimmed marines.

Pure mech should not be any more viable against a protoss ball with variety than pure (gateway, robo, templar, all of equal cost/supply) is against a terran ball with variety.

Not everything Terran has should be viable in all matchups against all compositions - the other races, especially Zerg, have to look the enemy army in the eye and realize that maybe the composition they WANTED to go, isn't going to work well.

I can't make mass DT if the enemy has ravens, I can't make mass Archon if the enemy has ghosts.

Terran shouldn't make mass marine if the enemy has multiple colossi, they shouldn't make mass thor if the enemy has immortals.

See how it works? Some compositions are supposed to be countered, and that's alright.

this should post should be in its own thread and stickied.
The overcharge change would be very good
Nooooo, raven viking is already a nightmare to deal with in TvZ, dont buff mech further more, nerf protoss counter's to mech instead!!!

Mech IS viable versus zerg, Skyterran IS op versus zerg, mech IS viable versus terran.

Protoss is the problem, nerf the god damn immortals!

Also for the god's sake, show zerg some love, some viable drop, nydus, an actual usefull AA!
As for mech - some compositions are ALLOWED to be bad against another composition of a different race, especially if there is no mix. Ever try skytoss vs bio? GLHF trading your voids, tempests, and even oracles efficiently with stimmed marines.

Pure mech should not be any more viable against a protoss ball with variety than pure (gateway, robo, templar, all of equal cost/supply) is against a terran ball with variety.

Not everything Terran has should be viable in all matchups against all compositions - the other races, especially Zerg, have to look the enemy army in the eye and realize that maybe the composition they WANTED to go, isn't going to work well.

I can't make mass DT if the enemy has ravens, I can't make mass Archon if the enemy has ghosts.

Terran shouldn't make mass marine if the enemy has multiple colossi, they shouldn't make mass thor if the enemy has immortals.

See how it works? Some compositions are supposed to be countered, and that's alright.

You really have no clue on what your talking about.
The Photo Overcharge nerf won't do much for either Zerg or Terran, while greatly hindering PvP 2 base play. It's hard enough as it is to get a natural down in PvP, making PO less time is going to create a lot more boring 1 base PvP games.

I guess if a bone needs to be thrown to the terran whiners riding Avilo's poisonous "!@#$ Protoss" imba bandwagon, this would have the least amount of effect on protoss. It doesn't stop the things terran cries about and doesn't give them more openings. Terran has been crying about early game so I don't see how fixing mech and air and making PvP worse is going to accomplish anything in quelling their tears. PvT Winrate is 51% I don't see the statistical imbalance.

Roach speed movement is awesome, may also remind zerg players to burrow more to regenerate their roaches. I see a huge lack of burrow to regen even on the pro level.
01/02/2014 02:45 PMPosted by TossNoobRace
Been playing some SC2+ lately Dayvie?

Obviously...

Well that's not a bad thing by any extent.
Photon overcharge duration decreased from 60 to 40
need 30,
and less range/damage 20.
Thanks you Blizzard. For not letting this game ending as frustrating as WoL used to be (Or at least, try to).
The roach burrow speed buff is like the DT speed buff...
As a high master protoss player, i belive that nerfing the oracle and the voids is way more important than nerfing the overcharge, Im the only one?

btw, about the borrow speed, buffing it to 2.25 will make roaches very strong because it will have the same speed as the immortals, sentrys and zealots, so this units wont be able to run away, even with the ffs
Edited by DontPanic on 1/2/2014 2:54 PM PST
hahahaha !@#$ u tosses
I would like to see a straight cut to Armory cost, so that mech players are able to start upgrades earlier and keep up with Protoss. In BW, Armorys were 100/50 and I believe this is a reasonable cost for Armorys.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]