StarCraft® II

Hope (PRP/Discussion Page)

I like it. Just some balance issues though, like how big are the gun-blades, and how fast can he swing them, whats the revolver caliber, things like that. Also his "Restrictions" how exactly are said restrictions controlled.

It'll be accepted when i get an answer and a compromise.

Glad to see you on board by the way!
Edited by Korozain on 12/27/2013 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
well here is the description of what the Masakai look like. need to work out how they would fit into your rp but I have an idea about them being sort of like a sub section of the Republic of Zeyn sort of like our Native American's ... not sure, if you have an idea please let me know.

Masakai:
The Masakai are a Tauroid race split into three sub-races and entirely female oriented hermaphrodites. Masakai range from about 6 feet to 9 feet in height at the top of their head. Fur color and pattern vary widely across all Masakai. Masakai reach full maturity within three years of birth. All Masakai have a humanoid female upper body, attached at the waist to a full yet over sized animal body, with at least C-cup breasts, completely covered in fur and a 3/4 muzzle that is fully articulate(they can speak as well as any human). Masakai largely do not care for the human idea of 'modesty' and as such rarely wear clothing except for additional carrying capacity while away from human territory. When they go into human controlled area's they often will wear only simple shirts and whatever bags they happen to have on them. Most Masakai are extremely flexible allowing them to reach and groom all areas of their bodies.

The Vu-Masakai are mostly vulpine in appearance and the least numerous of the Masakai. They tend to be the smallest, but most well endowed, of the three sub-races standing right about 6' at the top of their head with another four inches added because of their ears. Vu-Masakai are some of the most well endowed Masakai but tend to be traders/merchants, scouts, great minds and sometimes even treasured by slavers. The Lu-Masakai are the largest, most numerous of the Masakai and are lupine in appearance. They tend to stand about 8-9 feet tall at the top of their head but with an additional four inches from their ears. Lu-Masakai are often the least well endowed and as such are most often found as hunters and warriors. Ku-Masakai are the middle ground of the race. They vary widely in endowment, are stronger than most humans, and serve as the civil servants(craftswomen, police, cooks, child care, etc.).
Reply Quote
@Darkra & Korozain:
You might want to check the age of Dark's character... "Hope" takes place 21 years after the event, not 200...
Reply Quote
Yeah... Didnt think of that... Tell you what Darkra, try to make a complete overhaul of the character thats a little more... balanced and continuous to the story. I mean, this is 21 years after the event so to be 300 he would have to be 279 i believe at the event to be that age.

Just try to rework so that it's something we all can work with on some level.
Reply Quote
unless he is a time traveler ...
Reply Quote
*facepalm* No.
Reply Quote
just an idea :P
Reply Quote
Also, Koro, you taken a look at Morph's custom race? Just making sure you didn't miss it...
Reply Quote
We were talking about it in dA
Reply Quote
Ah. That explains it. Really need to get an account.
Reply Quote
Yes. You do. On a side note, when do you guesstimate this RP starting?
Reply Quote
Probably some time in the first week of January.
Reply Quote
...That's a long wait...you sure you can't start TTS? I mean, it's quite friendly with a few people. Just use the Redemption stuff.
Reply Quote
damn that is a long wait. will get character built tomorrow as well as the details of how the Masakai fit into the world of this rp.
Reply Quote
had to repost the entire character sheet things since apparently when i try to edit my previous one it tells me that "a required field is incomplete" or something. So i elaborated on restriction level releases heading and the sanguine blades heading.

by the way koro did you get any of my mythology references?

Name: Nyxe
Previous occupation/skills: expert of hand to hand combat, proficiency at one handed firearms, insane
Race: Anima Sola (translated into english "lonely soul")
Abilities:
Feral Blood: has strength, speed, and stamina that surpasses that of a human being and also has the ability to regenerate minor wounds. He has better reaction time to different scenarios.

Restriction Level Releases:
the human vessel is quit fragile when under the influence of a void being, which is why almost no telekinetic powers are presence since that would fry the human's brain completely. To compensate bindings are put inside the mind which limits the amount of power that Erebus can bestow upon Nyxe at a time. when is in trouble he can release some of the restrictions put on him by ancient bindings so he can combat his foe.

Restriction level 1: Summons a wolf familiar to his side with blood red fur. after usage there is slight fatigue.

Restriction level 2: Regeneration rate increases and his general stats are boosted. after usage there is noticeable fatigue and his combat potential is almost halved.

Restriction level 3: Becomes totally in tune with his void form for a few minutes, after the initial burst he returns to original form. Nyxe also goes completely unconscious so the mind can relieve the huge amount of stress put onto it by letting the wholeness of the void consume the entire vessel for those few minutes.

Nyxe's void form is Erebus: has the ability to shoot void beams from its fingertips and has the strength and speed unmatched by any other. also attack effectiveness is halved. i made him this way since if you survive those couple minutes you basically win the fight.

Image: http://guide4gamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/FF-13-2-Chaos-Bahamut.jpg

Starting gear:
Sanguine blades: a dual pair of gunblades which have steel that is as red as blood and the guns fire bullets bestowed with pure chaos. these act as Nyxe's hand to hand and ranged weapons. each revolver has 8 rounds before having to reload

the revolvers are raging judges which fire 28 gauge buckshot so these things has quit a lot of stopping power. the superhuman strength allows Nyxe to fire these at around 1 round per 3 standard seconds.
image: http://guncounter.bob-owens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/528SS_RIGHTjpg.1.jpg

the blades are around the size of 80 cm which gives Nyxe the ability to swing the swords just fine with his strength so standard speed of any person dual wielding swords.

Standard Armor

Bio: the Anima Sola are a group created in the hearts of the void itself. once in a blue moon a child is born, a child that is so vulnerable, so pure that it can be corrupted by the greatest darkness. That is when chaos beings like Erebus come into the human world. You never know if your child is one of the unfortunate until its too late. At 14 Nyxe murdered his parents in cold blood, awakening the dormant beast that lay within him. Time stretched on as he was hunted by the darkest cults, the deadliest organizations, to come to terms with what they deemed an inhumane monster that they could use for their own purposes. He is known to only wear black clothing over his armor complete with a red trench coat, and people say that the trench coat used to be white, but has since turned red from being doused by the blood of countless soldiers and humans. He has walked on Terra alone for 300 years as his mind broke under the influence of Erebus. this is the Crimson soldier that knows no bounds and if you cross his path, pray to all your gods because usually.... you don't come back.

"no no no thats way too serious my friend!" Nyxe says with laughter as he pointed his gunblade at the old scribe's head. "i want something more lighthearted, something that tells people hey i'm going to kill you but i'm going to have a jolly of a time doing it" he tells him as the blade hovers deathly close to the writer's skull. "its just so hard working under so much p-pressure" the man says as sweat beaded down his forehead. "well let me help you with that" Nyxe says as his tone grows cold and his eyes narrow. the trigger is pulled, a bang is heard as the brains of another living human is painted on the cabin walls, and the thing is...... not a single f!ck was given.
Edited by darkra on 12/27/2013 6:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/27/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Zarkun
...That's a long wait...you sure you can't start TTS? I mean, it's quite friendly with a few people. Just use the Redemption stuff.

I can try being in an RP and running 2 at the same time... I mean i did that before right?

And darkra, if you could elaborate (just post dont edit) on how exactly the different levels are controlled that'd be great. And sadly i did not get the references, not a mythology type of guy. More of philosophy, honestly.

Also, in RP, if I say something is OP, (and this goes for everyone) and you need to change it. Do what i say or you're out. I dont give a f*ck about any reasoning, or "But you said it was okay in the PRP". No, if i say change it, change it.
Edited by Korozain on 12/27/2013 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Restriction Level Releases:
the human vessel is quit fragile when under the influence of a void being, which is why almost no telekinetic powers are presence since that would fry the human's brain completely. To compensate bindings are put inside the mind which limits the amount of power that Erebus can bestow upon Nyxe at a time. when is in trouble he can release some of the restrictions put on him by ancient bindings so he can combat his foe. these bindings are usually released by muttering incantations using the dialect of the void which is unknown to any human being. these phrases are usually spoken in quick succession, usually around 1-3 seconds long.

Sanguine blades: a dual pair of gunblades which have steel that is as red as blood and the guns fire bullets bestowed with pure chaos. these act as Nyxe's hand to hand and ranged weapons. each revolver has 8 rounds before having to reload

the revolvers are raging judges which fire 28 gauge buckshot so these things has quit a lot of stopping power. the superhuman strength allows Nyxe to fire these at around 1 round per 3 standard seconds.
image: http://guncounter.bob-owens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/528SS_RIGHTjpg.1.jpg

the blades are around the size of 80 cm which gives Nyxe the ability to swing the swords just fine with his strength so standard speed of any person dual wielding swords.

and to explain the references Nyx is born from the dark god chaos and is affiliated with the arcana death. Nyx isn't evil and harbors no ill will to mankind but is destined to bring upon the fall of mankind. the god lies in hibernation and can only be awoken by her brother to fulfill her destiny. Erebus, his brother, openly spreads the word of chaos and brings upon evil across the world. he is one of the people who are the harbingers of the Fall and can awaken Nyx to bring upon it. this sort of symbolizes how my char may seem evil but actually doesn't resent mankind while his final form Erebus wishes only for death and destruction.
Edited by darkra on 12/27/2013 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I said elaborate, meaning the given explanation wasn't good enough, didn't say repost.
Reply Quote
i added a bit on how restrictions are released but the weapons i think i've given some pretty good detail there with the caliber, model, fire speed, blade length, and blade swinging speed.
Reply Quote
Mkay, thats fine then. Accepted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]