StarCraft® II

Objective: Survive Reboot PRP

This is sorta an honoring of a decent RP that both Mark and I were in last year started by BcAce.

Here's a link to the original: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6369047855#1

System: Sarcarion
Planet: Unknown
Time: 0400 Hours Shipboard
Objective: Find The Distress Beacon Sent By The A.A.S. Ship Eternal

"Hello, I am Dropship XZY700091253's, or Zeus' Wrath's, AI, but you may refer to me as Maria. At 1600 hours shipboard time on the A.A.S Ship Guardian, a distress beacon was detected on an unknown planet in the Sarcarion System. Your mission is to find the source of the distress beacon and secure it for pick up by Dropship BRI8000498375. You will-" Maria's voice cuts out as the pilot can suddenly be heard cussing rampantly and seen fighting with the controls, attempting to level the ship. Something had forced the ships into a 90 degree drop and could now be seen heading straight for the ground.

As the ground slowly grows closer, the power in the ship slowly begins to fade, indicated by the sudden flicker and then failure of the lights in the passenger compartment. The last thing you see before the world goes dark is the pilot hit his eject button.

Character Options:

Marine: Equipped with a full suit of CMC-300 or 400 armor and the new C-15 Staker, which has a 2 spike burst with a fire rate of 120 gauss spikes every five seconds.

Assassin: Equipped with AMY-200 Survival/Infiltration armor and the Crucifix Sniper Rifle, which is equipped with a thermal scope, armor piercing rounds, and the new Heavy Spike round, which can tear through a line of Roaches with little issue.

Grenadier: Equipped with full explosive and acid proof suit of CMC-600 armor, Death Dealer grenade launcher, Rocket launcher, Frag grenades and Acid grenades created from studying banelings.

Fencer: Equipped with XMR-100 CQC armor and melee weapon of their choice

Custom: Your own character, must have: Armor, A weapon, and description of the weapon.
Cannot have: OP Armor, more than one weapon (Except dual pistols and such are allowed), an OP weapon, and a machine. I don't care if it's Terran, Protoss, or Zerg.

Registration Form:

Name:
Weapon(If custom):
Armor Description (If Custom):
Physical Description:
Backstory:
Notes:

All applications must contain a character name, age, description and back story. Custom characters also require armor description.
Edited by Zarkun on 12/29/2013 10:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
^Zarkun^
Name: Teo
Class: Custom
Weapon(If custom): Xel'Naga designed Glaive throwing gloves
Armor Description (If Custom): Platemail armor is also of Xel'Naga origin, being formed of some kind of advanced Nanite that maintains the armor and it's systems. The helmet appears and disappears based on the situation and preferences of the wearer.
Personality: Calm, calculating killer. When in the company of friends, highly protective. Doesn't make friends easily.
Physical Appearance: Stands about six feet, nine inches tall with silver eyes and unusually silver hair that sweeps back with a slight spiky look. Has a scar across his right eye but is otherwise a very handsome young man.
Backstory: Teo is one of many members of an organization called The Shroud, a group who exists to find and destroy Amon and his Hybrid on the day of reckoning. Until that time, they serve as soldiers to the various Terran factions and Protoss. Works regularly with the Shadow Brood.
Note: Has had Dark Templar DNA injected into him, increasing speed, agility, reflexes, psionic ability and can cloak like a Dark Templar.

^Warhawk^
Name: "The Hammer" (goes by Hammer, actual name unknown)

Weapon: HMP3 (Heavy Multi-Purpose Plasma Projector) A heavy plasma weapon with a pair of adjustable settings that offer it 4 different firing modes:
- Beam; A plasma cutter on a grand scale. (non-functional)
- Burst; A plasma flamethrower. (non-functional)
- AP; High caliber piercing plasma bolts.
- Explosive; Plasma grenades.

Armor Description: A heavy bio-steel body armor with regenerative capabilities. Looks like an all black hybrid of 40k eldar and space marine armor with an Iron Man helm and no backpack.

Personality: Taciturn almost to the point of seeming mute. Never seen without his helmet on.

Physical Description: Big. 7ft tall and 3ft from shoulder to shoulder. Incredibly strong, genetic engineering assumed.

Backstory: A mysterious one-man-army of high repute who's past beyond an impressive list of former contracts is unknown.

Notes:
For those without half-a-brain, this is Stef.

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Samantha Summers

Weapon: ZF-alpha (Prototype model of the gun from 5th Element) energy assault rifle, tesla projector, electro-bolt rifle, sonic shotgun, atom cannon. ("Acquired" the weapon from a covert lab in the early days of her mercenary work.)

Armor Description: Custom CMC-400 (War Pigs for looks) The suit is upgraded with concussive dampeners, kinetic foam and reactive plating.

Personality: Flamboyant and over the top to the point most people would just politely call her eccentric and be done with it. A gung-ho blood an' guts fighter with a knack for trouble that never quite bites her in the @ss.

Physical Description: 5' 8", lithe and athletic. Short cropped mohawk dyed a vibrant purple.

Backstory: A colorful soldier-of-fortune who's past has no straight answers.

Notes:
- Energy assault rifle: Just an assault rifle.
- Tesla Projector: A lightning "flame"thrower.
- Electro-bolt Rifle: Charge shot AP rifle. (non-functional)
- Sonic Shotgun: Semi-non-leathal knockback.
- Atom Cannon: Short charge "Noisy Cricket" (MIB 'pistol w/ insane kick) (non-functional)

^Korozain^
Name: Kenji Omagi
Class: Fencer
Weapon(If custom): 2 Carbon Steel traditional styled Katanas (smaller to be dual wielded), assortment of knives as a "sidearm"
Armor Description (If Custom): XMR-100 CQC
Personality: Energetic, Kenji does not like to stop... Charismatic, good with words, but the downside is he likes to talk a lot. Possibly insane. (Don't mind him when he talks to himself or inanimate objects...)
Physical Description: 6'3", skinny but built somewhat, enough to take a hit and to use his Katanas at a moderately fast speed.
Backstory: Kenji Omagi was born in a family of blacksmiths. Back when the first colonies were made, the Omagi family had prospered through making refining metals, making tools, and their special family craft. Swords and armor. The family comes from Japanese descent, and keep their craft sacred to traditional ways. The katanas he used today were both crafted in the long process of making the traditional sword. He was one of the few in the family that wasn't a natural artisan with his hands, or at least qi crafting. Kenji Omagi is a fighter. He always went to a dojo as a child and learned the martial art Kendo, the Way of the Sword. From there he picked up his own way of fighting and even taught himself in some manor at some point. He especially enjoys having two small weapons in both hands. He had never been known as the social type, and his love for blades always made a majority of people fear him and his taste, even his jokes included stabbing someone or something of the sort. But after some time people had gotten used it. But Kenji's mental state isn't generally... Stable... He is odd, definitely, and likes to talk to things that are inanimate, or just himself. When he joined the military, he is one of the few that enjoys melee combat, and they allow him to use his family swords. He hopes that some day when he retires, he will carry on the family craft, of the Blacksmith.
Notes: Not a very serious person in not serious situations. When in a serious situation, it is an extreme contrast of his normal self.

^ShadowFury^
Name: Jacob Winston
Class: Custom 'Juggernaut'

Weapon(If custom): XL-24 "Thunderer" Light Machine Gun. Named for the booming sound created from being fired. The Thunderer is large and powerful, ideal for dealing with massive crowds at a 20-30 meter distance, although is also adept at distances up to 40 meters and 10 meters. However, the latter is not quite as capable of dispersing crowds. It uses the same 8mm spikes of the ever popular C-14 Gauss Rifle and fires up to a total of 210 rounds per second.

Armor Description (If Custom): DLPA-200 is used. It is a thick and hard armour, capable of slowing a spike from Gauss Rifle stopping just short of the wearer at the chest. It takes great strength to move in this armour, and even more patience. It is sluggish and when powering up, it may take up to a minute-and-a-half. The weight of this armour also allows for it to have be near immovable by outside forces, such as a Punisher grenade, or a Roach.

Personality: Jacob is caring towards others and considerate of them, capable of great understanding. Jacob also has a rather oblivious nature when it comes to jokes. He may be quiet and reserved at times, though this is more when he is thinking. When it comes to his beliefs, Jacob is firm and adamant.

Physical Description: Jacob is taller than most, standing at 6'2". He has rather bulky physique, seeming as if he belongs in a heavy-weight boxing ring. Jacob's hair is blonde and cut quite short, being a victim of a recent buzz cut. The large man's skin is of a light tan complexion. There is a short scar running down Jacob's cheek. The ends of the scar align with his ear canal and the edge of his lip on the right side.

Backstory:

Notes
-I ran the numbers for rounds per second off of modern weaponry, a comparison between a M240 and a rifle such as the AK-47.

Name: Io Hendricks
Class: Custom 'Apparition'

Weapon: TG-26 Designated Marksman Rifle-
The TG-26 is a mid to long ranged weapon, pointed towards a position of sniping, while remaining useful in a firefight. It is a chosen weapon for assassinations due to a built in, non-wearing, silencer. The magazine holds ten 15mm bullets capable of piercing through neo-steel.

Armor- SPA-13-
SPA-13 is a variation of stealth armour allowing for absorption of heavy recoil and limber movement to allow for a sniper or assassin to move with speed will still being able to fight. It is capable of cloaking technology, with energy created by it own personal generator. This cloak absorbs much energy, allowing for only short periods of time. It is not entirely effective at protection against bullets, but small arms fire and bludgeon weaponry are relatively ineffective.

Personality: Io is rather reserved and cold, yet intelligent. It is hard for her to create emotional connections, and easy for her to sever them. She often times shies away from social interaction due to this behavior. She is very resourceful and reliant on herself. She is very flexible on changing her opinion on subjects.

Physical Description: Io's eyes are light green, blending in with her white face sprinkled with a few freckles, and near unnoticable scars. Her hairs is a light black cut short to avoid getting in her way, easy to put her helmet over, and to avoid and giveaways aways on her location. Io is thinner, but has her fair share of muscle to allow her to carry and take the force of her weapon. Io is also rather short, standing at only 5' 5".

Backstory:
Edited by Zarkun on 1/2/2014 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
-RESERVED-
Reply Quote
-RESERVED-

You may now post.
Reply Quote
^Zarkun^
Name: Teo
Weapon(If custom): Xel'Naga designed Glaive throwing gloves
Armor Description (If Custom): Platemail armor is also of Xel'Naga origin, being formed of some kind of advanced Nanite that maintains the armor and it's systems. The helmet appears and disappears based on the situation and preferences of the wearer.
Personality: Calm, calculating killer. When in the company of friends, highly protective. Doesn't make friends easily.
Physical Appearance: Stands about six feet, nine inches tall with silver eyes and unusually silver hair that sweeps back with a slight spiky look. Has a scar across his right eye but is otherwise a very handsome young man.
Backstory: Teo is one of many members of an organization called The Shroud, a group who exists to find and destroy Amon and his Hybrid on the day of reckoning. Until that time, they serve as soldiers to the various Terran factions and Protoss. Works regularly with the Shadow Brood.
Note: Has had Dark Templar DNA injected into him, increasing speed, agility, reflexes, psionic ability and can cloak like a Dark Templar.
Reply Quote
Oh my goodness, this was forever ago. Some of my RPing makes me gag there. But it was one of the most fun RP's I've been in to date and for some reason, it's never left my memory.

Sure, I'll join again. As long as Ace doesn't DM it again...
Reply Quote
Name: "The Hammer" (goes by Hammer, actual name unknown)

Weapon: HMP3 (Heavy Multi-Purpose Plasma Projector) A heavy plasma weapon with a pair of adjustable settings that offer it 4 different firing modes:
- Beam; A plasma cutter on a grand scale. (non-functional)
- Burst; A plasma flamethrower. (non-functional)
- AP; High caliber piercing plasma bolts.
- Explosive; Plasma grenades.

Armor Description: A heavy bio-steel body armor with regenerative capabilities. Looks like an all black hybrid of 40k eldar and space marine armor with an Iron Man helm and no backpack.

Personality: Taciturn almost to the point of seeming mute. Never seen without his helmet on.

Physical Description: Big. 7ft tall and 3ft from shoulder to shoulder. Incredibly strong, genetic engineering assumed.

Backstory: A mysterious one-man-army of high repute who's past beyond an impressive list of former contracts is unknown.

Notes:
For those without half-a-brain, this is Stef.

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Samantha Summers

Weapon: ZF-alpha (Prototype model of the gun from 5th Element) energy assault rifle, tesla projector, electro-bolt rifle, sonic shotgun, atom cannon. ("Acquired" the weapon from a covert lab in the early days of her mercenary work.)

Armor Description: Custom CMC-400 (War Pigs for looks) The suit is upgraded with concussive dampeners, kinetic foam and reactive plating.

Personality: Flamboyant and over the top to the point most people would just politely call her eccentric and be done with it. A gung-ho blood an' guts fighter with a knack for trouble that never quite bites her in the @ss.

Physical Description: 5' 8", lithe and athletic. Short cropped mohawk dyed a vibrant purple.

Backstory: A colorful soldier-of-fortune who's past has no straight answers.

Notes:
- Energy assault rifle: Just an assault rifle.
- Tesla Projector: A lightning "flame"thrower.
- Electro-bolt Rifle: Charge shot AP rifle. (non-functional)
- Sonic Shotgun: Semi-non-leathal knockback.
- Atom Cannon: Short charge "Noisy Cricket" (MIB 'pistol w/ insane kick) (non-functional)
Edited by Warhawk on 12/29/2013 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Name: Kenji Omagi
Class: Fencer
Weapon(If custom): 2 Carbon Steel traditional styled Katanas (smaller to be dual wielded), assortment of knives as a "sidearm"
Armor Description (If Custom): XMR-100 CQC
Personality: Energetic, Kenji does not like to stop... Charismatic, good with words, but the downside is he likes to talk a lot. Possibly insane. (Don't mind him when he talks to himself or inanimate objects...)
Physical Description: 6'3", skinny but built somewhat, enough to take a hit and to use his Katanas at a moderately fast speed.
Backstory: Kenji Omagi was born in a family of blacksmiths. Back when the first colonies were made, the Omagi family had prospered through making refining metals, making tools, and their special family craft. Swords and armor. The family comes from Japanese descent, and keep their craft sacred to traditional ways. The katanas he used today were both crafted in the long process of making the traditional sword. He was one of the few in the family that wasn't a natural artisan with his hands, or at least qi crafting. Kenji Omagi is a fighter. He always went to a dojo as a child and learned the martial art Kendo, the Way of the Sword. From there he picked up his own way of fighting and even taught himself in some manor at some point. He especially enjoys having two small weapons in both hands. He had never been known as the social type, and his love for blades always made a majority of people fear him and his taste, even his jokes included stabbing someone or something of the sort. But after some time people had gotten used it. But Kenji's mental state isn't generally... Stable... He is odd, definitely, and likes to talk to things that are inanimate, or just himself. When he joined the military, he is one of the few that enjoys melee combat, and they allow him to use his family swords. He hopes that some day when he retires, he will carry on the family craft, of the Blacksmith.
Notes: Not a very serious person in not serious situations. When in a serious situation, it is an extreme contrast of his normal self.
Edited by Korozain on 12/30/2013 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh my goodness, this was forever ago. Some of my RPing makes me gag there. But it was one of the most fun RP's I've been in to date and for some reason, it's never left my memory.

Sure, I'll join again. As long as Ace doesn't DM it again...

I have to give him props when I go look at his history. He had some serious issues right up til then. I thought he did well all things considered. Be good to have you again.

@War
Shorten him up some. Normally I'm not that picky, but his height will be a disadvantage in this RP. Everything looks good for the most part otherwise. On Sam, if she's a marine, I ask, for now, that you use the assigned weapon. I'm willing to allow Stef his HMP, but no crazy assault rifle.
Edited by Zarkun on 12/29/2013 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
What's wrong w/ Hammer's height? he's only 3 inches taller that your char...

And the ZF-Alpha stays... I mean, hell, the HMP3 is far more destructive.

Made a couple of edits to char sheets.
Edited by Warhawk on 12/29/2013 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well, since we will be hiding in caves a few times and other such things. I can see many head bonks and such. And I stand by my request to change the rifle. I know you like multipurpose weapons, but...that all is overkill. Single barrel and only one other "mode" is all I'll allow. I'm fully aware of what the rifle from Fifth Element could do. And I'm actually gonna honestly say that the beam may or may not be necessary on the HMP3.

Reason being you'll be doing very little building, so to speak.
Edited by Zarkun on 12/29/2013 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Please note that the ZF-alpha only has the 'modes' I listed and what they're like is described in Sam's notes.
Edited by Warhawk on 12/29/2013 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I saw that. Why is it bad I'm asking you to cut to one barrel, as eight is...redundant, and that I'm only asking you to have two "modes" (easier to say modes than weapons. Less confusing). You can work on adding the others over the course of the RP.
Reply Quote
Sigh... the 8 barrels was just for looks... but fine.

Which modes would you like me to cut?

I'm willing to limit the HMP3 to the AP and explosive modes and the ZF-alpha to the energy assault rifle, sonic shotgun and one other.

The Sonic Shotgun is more of a defensive utility than anything else... ex:
6 Zerglings right up in your face.
*use SS*
Zerglings go flying backwards 10-20 ft and get stunned.
Edited by Warhawk on 12/29/2013 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
So it's more a Sonic Pulse? Hell, I'm willing to let that be an armor function. As for removed, let's go Electro-bolt Rifle and Atom Cannon.
Reply Quote
Aw... I wanted to keep the noisy cricket... Oh well.

Makin' the edits.

Edits made.
Edited by Warhawk on 12/29/2013 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cool, you're good. While I'm thinking about it, what purpose do the concussive dampeners serve?
Reply Quote
The concussive dampeners and kinetic foam are there as protection for her when her suit gets knocked about. (The suit can survive somethings that will still injure the person inside) They're basically shock absorbers.
Reply Quote
Eh, fair enough. I'll get you edited into the character sheet when Korozain finishes up.
Reply Quote
I'll get the official RP thread up once Mark submits his character and Koro finishes his for final judgement. You'll enjoy this me thinks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]