StarCraft® II

Patch 2.1

(Locked)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE US 2.1 AND LADDER DISTRIBUTION FIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Community Manager
We're antsy to get it in your hands, too. While we don't have an ETA to provide right now, know that we're hard at work to release it the moment it's ready.
01/07/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Aldrexus
We're antsy to get it in your hands, too. While we don't have an ETA to provide right now, know that we're hard at work to release it the moment it's ready.

No offense but why couldn't you say that 2 weeks ago? Hundreds, maybe even a few thousand players have quit ranked ladder beneath then and now.

Wow, a response! Finally! Do you realize how much better you make things when you make these kind of posts? You'd save this whole forum a ton of headache (and bandwidth) by just making a sticky about patch 2.1. Even if this is all you said.
01/07/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Incubus

No offense but why couldn't you say that 2 weeks ago? Hundreds, maybe even a few thousand players have quit ranked ladder beneath then and now.

Im pretty sure this isnt the case

Any details to provide on why it's been delayed so much? Can only assume it has something to do with the league adjustment you guys added on to the patch.
I would assume they are going back over ladder and MMR changes, as well as looking into balancing out Protoss play. I don't mind it taking a bit longer if it smooths everything out. Just glad to hear something from a blue.

THANK. YOU.
Like seriously.
Your answer is really, really, extremely, frustratingly late, but at least we have something now and we know that you really are working on it and haven't gave up on us just yet.

Any updates on the ladder problems that are discouraging a ton of people from playing? I think that is the biggest issue right now.
Wow I got a blue response in my thread. I guess you could say that I'm literally saving eSports.
@TechNo

They made a post not too long ago stating that they were working on it. 2.1 Should fix the ladder issues.
@TechNo

They made a post not too long ago stating that they were working on it. 2.1 Should fix the ladder issues.

In other words, they are going to leave the ladder broken for the foreseeable future and we can suck it.
@TechNo

In other words, they are going to leave the ladder broken for the foreseeable future and we can suck it.

Where did you get that from? I understand that we're all frustrated by ladder, but that's just ignoring what Blizzard said just to be angry.

Blizzard has clearly stated that the ladder distribution will be adjusted and that many can expect promotions. To quote:

Accordingly, around the time we release the 2.1 patch, we are changing how league boundaries are determined so that we can more closely match the desired percentage of players in each league. Thereafter, we expect to see a shift in the distribution of players across the leagues to their correct placement within the ladder. Because of the current bottom heavy distribution, many players may see a league promotion as a result of this change.

From: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/12055065/situation-report-the-starcraft-ii-multiplayer-ladder-12-18-2013
Where did you get that from? I understand that we're all frustrated by ladder, but that's just ignoring what Blizzard said just to be angry.

Blizzard has clearly stated that the ladder distribution will be adjusted and that many can expect promotions. To quote:

The ladder is broken, this is fact.
It wont be fixed until 2.1, this is fact.
They dont even have the slightest clue when 2.1 will be ready, this is fact.
Therefore;

01/07/2014 02:10 PMPosted by Fonzy
Bitter Fonzy is bitter. Waka waka!
01/07/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Teo

Why wouldn't I be bitter? Why aren't you? Everyone should be.
01/07/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Fonzy

Because I feel better when I'm not pissed off about a video game.
01/07/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Teo
Because I feel better when I'm not pissed off about a video game.

Well good for you. Go hug a tree and sing kumbaya. I am sure you'll find it exhilarating.
I applaud at your willingness to just bend over.

But most feel thoroughly screwed and ripped off at the ordeal. From the master player in bronze, to the bronze player facing bronze masters.

Nearly half the player base got thrown into bronze.
That should never happen. Something is very wrong, whether you and blizzard wish to deny it or not doesn't change that.
01/07/2014 02:10 PMPosted by Fonzy
we can suck it.
Yes you can.

How exactly does MMR decay affect a bronze player? Afraid you're going to be demoted?
01/07/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Fonzy

Because we were mostly angry for the fact that they said it should be done early in this season, while it hasn't happened at all yet, with practically no news from Blizzard. Now we don't have a release date, not even a clue when it will be, but at least we now know not to expect it soon.

I feel like the biggest frustration was the fact that we expected something to happen and it didn't. Now we don't expect it to happen and it doesn't. It's like hapiness in life: the lower the expectations, the better the satisfaction. Except that Blizzard has a control on what we can expect for the game, therefore it's kind of their responsability not to make us expect something that's not to happen. I hope it isn't confusing.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]