StarCraft® II

Siege War: Custom game

Arcade Maplink: starcraft://map/1/227724
Hey guys! I've been making a custom game called "Siege War" that I'd like to share with you guys ^_^. Though I had take a break from working on it a while back I decided to start working on it again.

I'd like to make this thread so people can play it, review it, and give suggestions.

What is Siege War?
Siege War is a 4v4 micro based grab and hold "tug-of-war" game. You command a small squad of troops and capture the siege tanks out on the map which bombard the enemy teams battle cruiser. The more siege tanks you hold, the more damage your team does to the other cruiser. Whoever destroys the other teams BC first wins.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Units
Siege War at the moment has a bunch of specialized units which use to defeat the other team. Each unit has its own unique ability to give it a specific role on the battlefield. All units are free, but vary in build times. Find the best combination of units and use teamwork to win.

The current units (more may be added later) are as follows:

Terran:
  • Marine: Fast general purpose unit
  • Ability: Stimpack - Allows the marine to move and attack faster

• Marauder: Damage tanker
  • Ability: Defensive matrix - Adds a large amount of shield to the marauder for a short duration

• Medic: Healer
  • Ability: Heal - Heals any unit on the battlefield

• Ghost: Long-ranged damage dealer
  • Ability: Snipe - Does a high amount to damage to any unit at a long range

• Thor: Massive space control unit
  • Ability: Barrage - Does a large amount of damage over a AOE. The Thor cannot move or attack while using

• Reaper: Quick harass unit
  • Ability: D8 Charge - Does large amount of AOE damage to enemy troops

• Goliath: Mech Warrior
  • Ability: Concussive Missiles - Launches a barrage of missiles at a enemy

Protoss:
  • Zealot: Damage tanker
  • Ability: Charge - Makes the zealot charge to get in close and deal damage

• Dark Templar: Quick harass unit
  • Ability: Cloak - Makes the dark templar cloaked and increases speed for a short duration

• Preserver: DPS & Healer
  • Ability: Greater Heal - Heals units within a radius around the preserver and increases out of combat shield regeneration

• High Templar: Spell caster
  • Abilities: Psionic Shockwave - deals a very large amount of damage to a single target
    Graviton Prison - lifts a enemy unit in the air, stunning it and making it vulnerable to attack

• Archon: Space control spell caster
  • Ability: Psionic Storm - creates a psi storm over a area doing damage over time

• Dragoon: Support
  • Ability: Chrono Rift - Slows units within a certain area

Zerg:
  • Roach: Damage tanker & harassment
  • Ability: (Passive) Heals quickly outside of combat

• Hydralisk: DPS
  • Ability: Frenzy - Greatly increases the speed of the hydralisks attack

• Leech Tumor: AOE Space control & spell caster
  • Abilities: (Passive) Generates creep wherever it goes
    Toxic Blast - Releases toxins around the tumor in the air hurting enemy units and leeching some health from them
    Abduct - Pulls enemy units into the toxic cloud

• Infestor: Swarmer & Harass
  • Ability: Spawn infested terran - spawns a group of infested terrans that attack enemies and take damage

• Ultralisk: Damage Tanker
  • Ability: Burrow Charge - Charges underground to close the distance between enemy units

• Lurker: Ambush & AOE Unit
  • Ability: Leap - leaps towards, or away from enemy units, units hit by the leap are stunned temporarily
    How to play
    Go to the arcade and find the map "Siege War: Battlegrounds" and play
    Goes up to 4v4, but can also play 1v1s, 2v2s, and 3v3s. You can add in AI to fill the spaces, they dont do much but help capture tanks.
    Remember, you selected your race IN THE LOBBY. Not in game
    Basic Strategy

• Capturing Siege Tanks
  • Capturing and holding siege tanks is key to winning this game, each team starts with one siege tank that cant be captured in their base, but that one tank won't win you the game alone.

In order to capture siege tanks, you must move a unit next to the beacon next to the tank and he must stay there for 10 seconds. Once captured the tank will fire upon the enemy battlecruiser.

• Gas, Upgrades, and Supply
  • In Siege War you have the ability to collect gas from geysers. To capture a geyser you must build a worker and build a auto-refinery on it. It will then begin collecting gas which you use to upgrade your units or increase your supply.

Unit upgrades are as follows:
    -Damage Increase
    -Defense Increase
    -Speed Increase
    -Health Increase
    -Ability Upgrade

Choose the right upgrades to compliment your composition. Upgrades only apply to one unit type, it might be wise to spread out your upgrades to best help support your squad and not spend all your gas on one unit type. Don't neglect your upgrades or else you will find yourself not having a chance against enemy units later in the game.

Also in siege war you start out with 5 supply to choose your units with, Units all have different supply costs (which go into decimals, EX: Thors are 2.5 supply, while marines are 1) Don't neglect your supply.

• Harassment
  • You can also go out and attack enemy geysers to slow down enemy income and get a upgrade lead, of course don't neglect capturing siege tanks! Fast units are best for harassment of course.

• Team Work

• Of course teamwork is very important in this game! Work together and devise the best strategies to crush the other team. Give certain players roles such as harasser, gas defending. and try to compliment other team members compositions.

• Pick out your composition

• Make sure you get units that work together well. Some work better by themselves and others perform much better with support. Select the right units and upgrades for them to defeat the enemy.
    So go try it out and leave a review, here and in the in-game rating system ^_^. I will come back to this thread a lot for any suggestions so don't be afraid to give some. If you like it also share it with your friends so we can have more people to play.
    Edited by Zerglor on 1/25/2014 1:25 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Fun map! :D
    Reply Quote
    01/15/2014 05:56 PMPosted by TechNo
    Fun map! :D

^_^
    Reply Quote
    Replacing the Dragoons ability with Chrono rift
    Reply Quote
    01/15/2014 07:28 PMPosted by Zerglor

Is that the thing from campaign that acts like time warp?
    Reply Quote
    01/15/2014 07:36 PMPosted by Trapintime

Is that the thing from campaign that acts like time warp?

Yep
    Reply Quote
    I remember playing this a while back and just going double thor every time winning easy. You have probably nerfed it though. I may have to out again!
    Reply Quote
    01/15/2014 07:41 PMPosted by LickABoss
    I remember playing this a while back and just going double thor every time winning easy. You have probably nerfed it though. I may have to out again!

Its been nerfed. Also a lot of changes have been done, did you play ever when I added supply increase? Because at max supply you can go quadruple thor ;)
    Reply Quote
    Zerglor I'd love to play this tonight but I've been working 11 hour shifts for the past 2 months, I'm simply to tired -_-, when I do get on though, and if you are still doing tests, be sure to hit me up!
    Reply Quote
    01/15/2014 07:47 PMPosted by ScaryScarab
    Zerglor I'd love to play this tonight but I've been working 11 hour shifts for the past 2 months, I'm simply to tired -_-, when I do get on though, and if you are still doing tests, be sure to hit me up!

Its ok, I'll just harass someone else for tonight ;P
    Reply Quote
    01/15/2014 07:49 PMPosted by Zerglor

Its ok, I'll just harass someone else for tonight ;P

lolz
    Reply Quote
    Uploaded version with Dragoons with Chrono rift
    Reply Quote
    Aww redirected..... now my thread gets to die in the ever so quiet abyss of the Custom Mod Showcase forums
    Reply Quote
    For anyone whos played this before I fixed the Tank bar so its not in your face as much anymore :)
    Reply Quote
    Thinking about adding some new units for each race. Any ideas?
    Reply Quote
    Developer
    Moved back to Arcade showcase, let me know if that is not what you wanted :)
    Reply Quote
    01/21/2014 03:02 PMPosted by Tenarsis
    Moved back to Arcade showcase, let me know if that is not what you wanted :)

That will work thank you :), This forum is a little more active than custom game so I might be able to get more responses here.
    Reply Quote
    I have a question in-relation to publishing to the arcade.

Should you check or un-check the "hide Battlenet lobby"?
    Reply Quote
    01/23/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Zergrusher
    I have a question in-relation to publishing to the arcade.

Should you check or un-check the "hide Battlenet lobby"?

I would leave it un-checked.

As a update in development (Sorry I havent updated as much) Im thinking of adding goliaths in for terran. Perhaps with some ability that fires out a rocket does a small amount of AOE damage.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]