Kay-Oh! Inc. HQ (Local)

Posts: 8,358
IC:
Nodding pleasantly, Seraphim turns and walks out of the shop, an odd gleam lighting up his face;
"Now... how are we doing on time? 'Cause there's a few other things on my.. ah, shopping list..."
Seraphim continues, conversing with the ship's AI as he strides through the station...

OOC:
I'm done with messing around, just waiting on SF at this point.
Posts: 8,467
Hamal.

You've got me stumped. Follow it and see what's up, but careful. I'm
starting to lose connection.


Space.

{You've got about an hour left before you should head for the assembly area. What have you got in mind?}
Posts: 1,305
"To me, it sounds like they're in some form of contact. If we kill our freind down there, we might raise hell from the sudden disconnection. Lets leave the feather-ball unmolested for now, because there may be some traps waiting up ahead and we can just slip behind the Hamalian with no resistance." Noct says to Yzzra.

OOC: Wow, my ability to write seems to have declined sharply. I blame College/University.
Edited by morrjo on 3/22/2014 12:03 PM PDT
Posts: 8,467
It'll do that to you.

Hamal.

The Hamalian begins the make her way down the hallway, her bow in one hand and an arrow in the other.
Posts: 28,618
{Copy that.} Continuing down the vent, I watch for exits or turn offs that lead in other directions or let me into a hallway. If I could find one, I might be able to get some intel.
Posts: 8,467
It isn't long before you encounter a fork in the shaft. From the left path, you can hear voices. From the right, the sound of machinery.
Posts: 28,618
Well, that's a no brainer. Heading down the left fork as quietly as possible, I look around for an exit so that I can find the source of the voices.
Posts: 8,467
A fine metal grate blocks your path. You can't see through it very well, but you can make out a dimly lit room filled with the dull grey of concrete.

"...bulkheads five and six."

"Good work. Some of the comms are malfunctioning, and in this bloody condition we'd best rely on our own eyes. I need you down in sector four. Don't let anything through."

"Aye, captain."
Posts: 1,613
03/22/2014 11:25 AMPosted by morrjo
"To me, it sounds like they're in some form of contact. If we kill our freind down there, we might raise hell from the sudden disconnection. Lets leave the feather-ball unmolested for now, because there may be some traps waiting up ahead and we can just slip behind the Hamalian with no resistance." Noct says to Yzzra.

OOC: Wow, my ability to write seems to have declined sharply. I blame College/University.


"Alright we can follow her or we go our own way. Personally, I'm leaning towards following the guard. With some luck our friend might lead us straight to the vault, or at least as close as possible."
Posts: 28,618
Working my way up to the grate, I set to work trying to open it a little more. No doubt it was large group of Hamalians, but better safe than sorry.
Posts: 8,467
Rolling for Stealth...

(d20 + 3(weather) + 2(position) = 6(moderate failure))

The grate creaks as you try to move it. A Hamalian stops in mid sentence.

"What was that?"

"I don't know," the captain says, almost too quietly for you to hear. "But I know I heard it."

"Equipment malfunction," another puts in noisily. "The heat in the ventilation shafts probably caused that repair bot to break down. Those things are a waste of money."

"The ventilation shafts?"

"That's where the noise came from."

The captain looks your way suspiciously. "The regulators are functioning perfectly. There shouldn't be any machinery breaking down in this sector."
Posts: 28,618
So much for subtlety. counting to a silent three, I use a focused Kei blast to knock the grate out andjump out, spinning and firing at a rapid rate, mostly as suppressive, flipping as I land and making a quick change from pistols to double bladed sword and sliding into a ready stance. "Is this the right direction for the bathroom?"
Posts: 8,467
About a dozen Hamalians stand all around the room, surrounding you. Awkward looking objects that you guess to be their version of a gas mask dangle around their necks, evidently unnecessary in this room. About half of them have already nocked arrows to their bowstrings and are aiming at you. One brandishes a sword, two others are in the middle of drawing theirs, and a couple of guards standing by the door level spears at you, the tips of the weapons glowing blue. The troops appear unharmed by your initial shots, though there are a few burn marks and holes in the walls.

The Hamalian leader, her hands empty of weapons, looks askance at you. "I'm afraid we are having a few issues with our plumbing at the moment." She glares. "Drop your weapons."
Edited by KnarledOne on 3/24/2014 9:52 AM PDT
Posts: 28,618
I grin and shake my head. "Afraid I can't do that. However, if you could kindly drop yours, I'll be willing to let you all go." I was already directing my Kei flow into a Bladed Whirlwind, an external ballistic Kei that acted as both a shield against projectiles and a weapon against infantry. Normally I wouldn't make it lethal, but these Hamalians were an exception to my normal rule. "It would seem you have about twelve against one. Hardly seems fair to you."
Edited by Zarkun on 3/24/2014 10:04 AM PDT
Posts: 8,467
The captain throws back her head and laughs shrilly. "You are human, intruder. I am Nakeeri of Halathir, and this is my family. Daughters, nieces, sisters, cousins, even my son." She flicks a claw at a smaller Hamalian who stands towards the back of the room, a very un-Hamalian blaster in his hands. He looks around nervously. "I will tell you once more. Lay down your arms, little male, and I will be merciful. Should he attack," she adds casually, "take him alive. I want to question him."
Posts: 28,618
"Last warning. You see, I don't exactly hail from anywhere you know and I can do things you can't quite understand." My aura slowly fades into view, the red energy licking the air hungrily like a flame, odd since my resonant element was wind, but regardless, it was different. "Set down your weapons and I'll let you live. Unless you're afraid you can't take a 'little human.'"
Posts: 1,613
Yzrrya turns to Noctis. The radio was still open and everything was heard.

"You hearing this? He's been discovered. We gotta move quickly. I think our timing's closing in on us."
Posts: 8,467
Raven Cronus.

She waves a hand impatiently. "Bind him."

Two Hamalians release their arrows, the darts flying faster than the eye can track. Before they can strike you, the ovoid arrowheads split open, releasing several meters worth of thin, weblike cord, which whips itself towards you and to your sides as though living.

Yzzrya and Noct.

He is? Crudmuffins. I can't contact him, too much dimensional
interference. Just get going fast and stay in contact with him.
Edited by KnarledOne on 3/24/2014 10:36 AM PDT
Posts: 28,618
"Bad move." The whirlwind lashes out, knocking the cord away and obliterating anything within a 10 meter radius that was organic and living, meaning the Hamalians that were closest. From there, I leap up and over the nearest Hamalian, who's sword was still sheathed, and kick it into one of it's friends. Using internal augmenting Kei, I basically super sprint out the door into the halls. {If anyone can hear me, I've found a section of the area that isn't being affected by the heat. The Guard Captain I overheard said something about regulators.}
Posts: 8,467
03/24/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Zarkun
"Bad move." The whirlwind lashes out, knocking the cord away and obliterating anything within a 10 meter radius that was organic and living, meaning the Hamalians that were closest. From there, I leap up and over the nearest Hamalian, who's sword was still sheathed, and kick it into one of it's friends. Using internal augmenting Kei, I basically super sprint out the door into the halls.


Rolling for multiple actions...

(d20 + 1(spellcaster) - 1(threatened) + 2(reflex) = 17(moderate succes) -- d20 + 1(spellcaster) + 1(surprise!) = 17(moderate success) -- d20(damage) = 5(moderate failure) -- d20 + 1(agile) = 13(marginal success) -- d20 + 1(spellcaster) = 3(serious failure))

What Happened:

The Kei Whirlwind blasts the cords away, flinging them against the walls. They drop to the floor, writhe briefly, and go still. The four nearest Hamalians are knocked back (one falling to the floor), but are unharmed. They slowly go for their weapons, but you kick one into another before they can react, knocking the two down with a squawk. You sprint for the door, but a Hamalian swings her sword, slashing through a slit in the wall. The door crashes shut, sealing you in. Another Hamalian fires a smartcord arrow at you, and you (d20 + 1(agile) = 3(serious failure)) trip and fall back as it entangles your legs.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]