Kay-Oh! Inc. HQ (Local)

I knock on the door of the building once before kicking it open, yelling simply, " 'SUP, !@#$%ES!"
"Oh, come now," the Roach says, frowning. "That only applies if you refuse the job and then blab about it. It's fairly standard procedure. I would have assumed you sign something like that every time you do a job."

-Other room-

A man in a suit sits on the other side of a small table. He looks up. "Yzzrya G'nyyr? Good. Sit down, please."

-Lobby-

The door immediately defends itself with a series of judo moves, throwing its attacker to the ground. A sign appears on the wall:

WARNING: ALL DOORS ARE HIGHLY TRAINED IN MARTIAL ARTS AND WILL DEFEND THEMSELVES.
"God damn it... Why can doors be so reactive? The last one started crying when I sprayed it with water for being locked... And the one before that came back and hit me in the !@# when I walked into that old timey saloon." I sigh and open the door normally with a heavy slouch, half expecting to get beaten by the door again.
01/13/2014 05:57 PMPosted by KnarledOne
A man in a suit sits on the other side of a small table. He looks up. "Yzzrya G'nyyr? Good. Sit down, please."

Yzzrya closes 'Masi' and takes a seat. Extending the right hand towards the interviewer, Yzzrya speaks in a rather harsh tone.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Geb f'tharanak, f'haugnar Faugn li'hee throd nilgh'ri hafh'drnoth ph'vulgtm, y'ah gof'nn."
Edited by Animus on 1/13/2014 6:44 PM PST
Tentatively, the man shakes the proffered hand, then flicks at a switch on the table.

"Bloody translator never wor - Ah! There we go. I'm sorry, could you repeat that? My translator was malfunctioning. Again. I'm Gnarled One."
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Geb f'tharanak, f'haugnar Faugn li'hee throd nilgh'ri hafh'drnoth ph'vulgtm, y'ah gof'nn."

OOC: I know I'm not in this RP, but just out of curiosity does this actually mean anything? I know "ph'nglui mglw'nafh wgah'nagl fhtagn" translates very roughly to something like "in house waits dead dreaming", but I'm not familiar with the rest of it.
"Actually, I'm normally leading a platoon in the defense of my home back on Kiowa. I heard someone needed help, and, well, I'm a sucker for the needy in a way." I pull my DITE out and spin it in my right hand, a habit of mine for when I'm bored. "I don't believe in selling out my potential employers, job accepted or not, anyways. Makes for bad business."
Tentatively, the man shakes the proffered hand, then flicks at a switch on the table.

"Bloody translator never wor - Ah! There we go. I'm sorry, could you repeat that? My translator was malfunctioning. Again. I'm Gnarled One."

Making some strange gurgling noise as if annoyed, Yzzrya opens 'Masi' and begins to tinker around with the settings once more. It wasn't too long before he set his voice modulator to translate his words to the human language of English.

The voice inside the helm was gruff and penetrating. "My apologies, I have appeared to put on the wrong settings though it is a language under humans that I have used. It is an obscure language. I was offering my greetings to you as it is customary in human culture."

"I do hope that switch isn't for anything nefarious. That would be a terrible way to make a contract," says Yzzrya, sitting down.

01/13/2014 09:44 PMPosted by Owlfeathers

OOC: I know I'm not in this RP, but just out of curiosity does this actually mean anything? I know "ph'nglui mglw'nafh wgah'nagl fhtagn" translates very roughly to something like "in house waits dead dreaming", but I'm not familiar with the rest of it.

Don't think too hard about it. It's mostly nonsensical text. I don't have any meaning for it except for my character chose the wrong language to speak in.
Edited by Animus on 1/13/2014 10:15 PM PST
"Well," the Wanderer says, his hand gesturing to the bombastic man and his door sparring partner, "When you deal with crazy things like this day in and day out, you get used to it. What's been happening on your end, Seraphim? Surely there must be quite a few unique stories to share!"
@Zarkun:

"Good, good. I'll explain what we'll be having you do while you sign."

A large pen that appears to be cut from a single diamond pops out of the table.

"It involves a certain very, very wealthy government's vaults..."

@Smylez:

Gnarled looks startled. "What? No, it's not nefarious. It's for my translator. It usually doesn't work, so it's good you can speak English. Now, would you just sign this, please? Just the usual hush-up contract, you've probably signed a million."

STANDARD PRE-HIRING BRIEFING CONTRACT.

THE INDIVIDUAL HEREBY AGREES THAT, SHOULD HE DECLINE THE JOB HE IS ABOUT TO BE ASSIGNED, HE SHALL REFRAIN FROM SHARING THE DETAILS OF THE OFFER WITH ANY INTELLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE MAKING SAID DETAILS AVAILABLE IN ANY CONCEIVABLE WAY. SHOULD HE VIOLATE THIS CONTRACT, HE AGREES TO IMMEDIATELY COMMIT SUICIDE BEFORE FINISHING ANY SENTENCES HE MAY BE CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF.
Edited by KnarledOne on 1/14/2014 4:23 PM PST
Mumbling under my breath about superstitious corporate types, I sign the dotted line and stand back up again, sliding the contract back to the insect. "There. Happy?"
IC:
Seraphim chuckles darkly, generating a small sphere of shadowy energy in one hand;
"I guess you could say that."
Edited by Warhawk on 1/14/2014 5:07 PM PST
"It's good that my suit can translate my chirping and clicking into something coherent and understandable for your ears."

Yzzrya takes the paper and signs it.

"So when do we get started?"
@Zarkun:

"Ah, excellent, excellent. Alright. Let's get down to business. Kay-Oh! is currently in need of funds, funds that can be used to fund some upcoming ventures. We want to insert a team of operatives into a dimension in the K0-0Rg sector. It will be a bit complicated, but the goal is for you to raid the vaults of a local government.

@Smylez:

"Well, at least someone's translator works."

He straightens his tie.

"Right, I should brief you. Have you ever heard of Fictionite?'
"You want me to rob a country's citizens? Cause that's where the money in the vaults came from."
He makes a horrified face.

"What? I can't believe you would suggest such a thing. No, no, no, nonono. We wouldn't steal taxpayer money. The government I'm referring to is the Republic of Hamal, the ruling power in the aptly named Commonwealth of Hamal. They are very unique in a respect: they possess what they call government mercenaries. They hire out their military troops to... well, anyone. Sometimes to other governments, sometimes to private organizations. They go for quite the fee, and the particular vaults we're robbing were built on that very same fee."
"Never heard of it, though if it's such a simple job, why not hire a thieves guild?" I catch the DITE after it's third spin and level a look with the oversized roach. "Surely they're better equipped than I am to rob a military vault."
"A thieves guild? Well, you might say I don't like dealing with criminals. I prefer to think of this less as theft and more as a paramilitary operation, one corporation against another. You know how it works. You see, getting in there is going to require stealth and cunning, yes, but even more so we're going to need a bit of... well, a bit of muscle."

He taps at a console, and a life sized hologram, about eight and a half feet tall, appears on the table. It depicts an alien creature, humanoid in shape, but most reminiscent of a bird. It has a long, hooked beak, large talons on its feet, wings that, when the hologram spreads them, are nearly twenty feet from wingtip to wingtip, and a long, heavy looking tale covered in scales and short spikes. It is mostly covered with blue-grey feathers, but in the few places where it isn't such as around the eyes and on the legs, it has dense green scales.

"The Hamalians are traditionalists to a fault. They rely entirely on very, very old systems for their security. There are no computer checks or automated monitoring systems anywhere in the vault complex. Everything is done personally and directly. The spoken passwords they use only earn you the right to not be shot long enough to be inspected by a guard so that they can make sure you are who you claim to be. Nearly all of the guards are related, and those who don't share a familial relationship are required to be close acquaintances. Even the doors are manual; you won't find a single automated entryway, elevator, or anything in the whole place. The only electronic security devices they rely on, apart from their weapons, are handheld scanners, which are carried by every guard. These are used to detect the signatures given off by disguise generators, cloaking devices, and the like. Well, obviously they have shield generators, warp filters, and such."

He disables the hologram and looks at you.

"As you can see, in a situation like this, stealth can only get you so far."
I stroke my chin in thought, the DITE still being spun in my other hand before catching it on the third spin again. "So what you're saying is that you want me to sneak up to the front door then bash it in and play rough." I shake my head and lean forward on the table, still thinking and planning, though the DITE was still stopped. "Alright then, I can do that. I just need...a motorcycle."

Noting the roach's quizzical look, I smile and stand up straight, spinning the DITE again. "You see, depending on the lay out of the complex, I won't need to go near any gates, simply jump the fence and slip up to a window. I open the window with some temperate Kei and then I make some noise when I'm ready. That work for you?"
"No, but I have worked with very rare ores like unobtanium and element zero. They have some interesting properties. What is this fictionite?"
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]