StarCraft® II

Replays and Patch 2.1

Community Manager
Just wanted to post a timely reminder that, as with previous patches, what you can do with old replays will be affected by the implementation of Patch 2.1.

StarCraft II has always automatically loaded replays (in whatever version of the game the replay was created) seamlessly, so as before, you'll be able to watch your old replays just like you always have. This just means that after Patch 2.1, some of the new, advanced replay features that were added in Heart of the Swarm, such as Watch With Others, Take Command, and Recover Game will not be available when watching replays that were created in 2.0.11 and earlier.

If you have any questions about the way this works, feel free to ask them here!
Reply Quote
are you hinting at something here? ;)
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Devourer

I don't think that its even a hint...

I think its a promise.
Reply Quote

Oh, 2.1 is coming very soon(tm).
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
01/15/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Kaivax

What about replays is being changed that necessitates this? I don't recall 2.1 being advertised to have any changes to replay files.

Or is that.. confidential?
Reply Quote
He's hinting...*wink*

...that...

Patch 2.1... will be patch 2,1.
Reply Quote
The most important word that he used here is "timely."

What does timely mean here??
Reply Quote
The most important word that he used here is "timely."

What does timely mean here??

Soon(TM)
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 02:24 PMPosted by TheSkunk

What about replays is being changed that necessitates this? I don't recall 2.1 being advertised to have any changes to replay files.

Or is that.. confidential?

This.

It made sense last time, but is something actually getting changed or are you doing it out of...well laziness this time?
Reply Quote
Scary...

Are there any features that wont be available for replay watching gamed I play today that will be for games I play... Soon(tm) ?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Guys!

If I convert "timely" in http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp to binary, we get 011101000110100101101101011001010110110001111001.

That has 26 ones.

If you graph the curve of sin 26 it looks like this: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=graph+the+curve+of+26+sin

The lower of the two graphs has 8 peaks.

And guys, heres the best part. Read: http://www.numerology.com/numerology-numbers/8

The 8 balances the material and immaterial worlds. At its best, it is as spiritual as it is materialistic. The spiritual side of the 8 is practical, realistic and intelligent. It knows the difference between make-believe and genuine spiritual realizations. On the material plane, it is focused on results, often in the form of money, yet does not care much about money for the sake of money. It is not greedy, it sees money as a tool, not an end-result. It is generous and willing to take risks. People with strong 8s in their charts often make and lose fortunes a couple of times during their life. They never consider bankruptcy a reason to slow down or feel sorry, but, rather, come out stronger and more success-oriented than before

What this means is, there is a battle at Blizzard between people who really care about the company and those who are in it for money. (Thus the difference between material and non-material) So when Kaviax is saying "timely" its a hint that money-hungry CEOs are holding him captive and keeping him from saying when 2.1 comes out.

This becomes clear when he says "If you have any questions about the way this works, feel free to ask them here!" but you notice he doesn't reply when we ask when 2.1 is coming out, or any other questions. That's because it would blow his cover to those watching.

But there's more. Timely is an anagram for Tim Ely, an abbreviation of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Ely
Timothy C. Ely (born February 9, 1949) is a contemporary American painter, graphic artist and craftsman, known for creating single-copy handmade books as art objects.

From this we can conclude that patch 2.1 will be released this February, on the 9th!
Edited by TheSkunk on 1/15/2014 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Kaivax
timely

Is this a time measurement that is greater than Soon TM or lesser?
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 03:11 PMPosted by Fonzy
timely

Is this a time measurement that is greater than Soon TM or lesser?

It is Blizzard time which is derived from the basic time standard of the Korpulu sector. Basically the translation is 1 minute in Blizzard time = 1 googleplex minutes in standard time on Earth.
Reply Quote

Half Life 3 confirmed?
Reply Quote
Guys!

If I convert timely in http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp to binary, we get 011101000110100101101101011001010110110001111001.

That has 26 ones.

If you graph the curve of sin 26 it looks like this: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=graph+the+curve+of+26+sin

The lower of the two graphs has 8 peaks.

And guys, heres the best part. Read: http://www.numerology.com/numerology-numbers/8

The 8 balances the material and immaterial worlds. At its best, it is as spiritual as it is materialistic. The spiritual side of the 8 is practical, realistic and intelligent. It knows the difference between make-believe and genuine spiritual realizations. On the material plane, it is focused on results, often in the form of money, yet does not care much about money for the sake of money. It is not greedy, it sees money as a tool, not an end-result. It is generous and willing to take risks. People with strong 8s in their charts often make and lose fortunes a couple of times during their life. They never consider bankruptcy a reason to slow down or feel sorry, but, rather, come out stronger and more success-oriented than before

From this we can reasonably conclude that the release of patch 2.1 is going to be in actually nevermind I have to go eat dinner

Are you....okay?
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 03:10 PMPosted by TheSkunk
nevermind I have to go eat dinner

What kind of ending is that? xD
Reply Quote
Such a tease
Reply Quote
Clearly no one in this thread knows how to ™ correctly, I am dissapoint.
Reply Quote

We can only hope there are cool things that weren't mentioned.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 03:52 PMPosted by ScaryScarab
Clearly no one in this thread knows how to ™ correctly, I am dissapoint.

Too lazzzzy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]