Offline mode..

(Locked)

hey all,

i bought the retail game, and installed it using my friends internet, since i am on leave and am moving around alot i want to play it offline...

the book says you have to attach it to your bnet account, and i did...but whenever i try to go thru the SC2 menu to offline mode it says

"To enable offline play connect to battle.net to authorize your game client. you also need atleast 1 starcraft 2 character on the account."

i put my cd key into my account, and bnet says its on there...and i made a character and played the 1st mission...but still giving me that message.

any help would be great!
I got the same thing, I've been looking for that : Offline option on battle.net for hours now, any help would be appreciated.
Support Forum Agent
You need to log on at least once on your Battle.net account on that computer on a working connection before Offline Mode can be enabled. It only works for 30 days before you need to reauthorize it.
Edited by Datth on 7/27/2010 4:10 AM PDT
Wow way to go on hassling the paying customers. While the ppl who doesn't pay for it will just hacked it and play at will and not need to log on to bnet.
Edited by Ragnar on 7/27/2010 4:40 AM PDT
Support Forum Agent
The game does require a broadband internet connection. Offline mode is there if you happen to get disconnected or need to go out for a bit and not being connected to anything.
The offline mode is actually brilliant. Anyone who DOESNT have internet for up to 30 days should really decide whether they should be pc gaming to begin with. While this game will undoubtedly be hacked, this will slow them down, even if just a little bit.
The game does require a broadband internet connection. Offline mode is there if you happen to get disconnected or need to go out for a bit and not being connected to anything.

The game requires it for no good reason. There is no "good" reason the game should need the internet connection to play single player or vs AI.
I agree with SunTzu, what about military people who dont have access sometimes, or ten other reasons on why someone doesnt have internet, I can understand what blizz was doing, but its a flaw, so far the only one I've seen, maybe they could do something eventually
How do I enable offline mode? I've tied my client to my battle.net account, but there is no offline mode that I can see.

Edit: Nevermind. I had to disconnect my internet in order to get the option to play offline :)
Edited by DoubleLung on 7/27/2010 6:53 AM PDT
I did not work, i logged into battlenet thru SC2 and thru the website, tried to log in and it still wouldnt let me go offline mode.

Im having the same problem. Its frustrating the hell out of me.
Having the same problem. Have logged onto battle.net but it still won't let me play when I'm disconnected. This is rubbish.
How do I enable offline mode? I've tied my client to my battle.net account, but there is no offline mode that I can see.

Edit: Nevermind. I had to disconnect my internet in order to get the option to play offline :)

Have you folks complaining about not being able to access offline mode pulled the plug on your Net connection like the gent above? I'd lay odds many of you haven't.
Yes, I have. If I hadn't I wouldn't be getting the message telling me to connect to battle.net in order to play offline.
I think the offline mode requires an internet connection which makes no sense at all...
ugg so where do i go to enable offline play?
How I got offline mode to work initially was I logged into battlenet for like 10 seconds, and then I logged out. I pressed Play as Guest and it worked.

BUUUUUT

If the internet wasnt turned on and I booted up the game and tried pressing Play as Guest it wouldnt let me play offline.

This is why im assuming you need an internet connection to even play "Offline Mode".
Same problem here. Can anyone at battle.net help with this. My game IS authorized and I can't play offline like many others-what the heck is wrong?
I have done this (more than once) and I think Ragnar has too-it isn't letting us play offline even though we have.
So it's fair for my husband? How is he supposed to play in Afghanistan? Where his unit is there is no internet connection.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]